Thread: rosacea?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: rosacea?

Hi. I just looked up malar rashes in my lupus hardcover. I found only a few hints that might help but probably can't really answer your question.

Apparently malar rashes, rosacea, and polymorphous light eruption can all look somewhat alike, but microscopic findings (meaning biopsies) are the only real way to tell. (And who would want a biopsy that might scar unless absolutely medically necessary?) But the author (Dr. Wallace) says that a malar rash (1) usually doesn't affect the nasolabial fold area ( = the angled lines that separate the upper lip from the cheeks), and (2) doesn't itch.

Are you avoiding sun, with hats & a good sunblock made for facial use? Have you been flaring in general? Are you managing your lupus overall (on medication)? Are you scheduled to see your dr. anytime soon?

Not very good info...sorry! Anyway, I hope you are doing well overall & that your face follows suit soon. Take care, from Vee