View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

TINCAN HB User
Ortho Spine Doctor Visit

Hello
Well I got good news today. I went to see my ortho spine doc and he said that the fusion did take and the screws and rods are where they are suppose to be. He also said that he would not recommend taking the hardware out. He said that he was afraid that if he did (and he said that if I wanted him to take them out he would)I would be back in 4 weeks and say that I still am in the same amount of pain. I like him because he is not knife happy. So I asked him about the pain doc doing a block with morophine. He said he didn't see where that would be of any problem. Well my pain has calmed down a bit in the last 2 weeks. Maybe I am asking for too much and should just accept that this is the way it is! I will be on pain medication for the rest of my life.( that sucks!)
Well I guess I will call the pain management doc tomorrow and set up the block. Any Ideas and suggestions out there! My tailbone hurts and my hips and left leg hurts and four toes on right foot are numb. I am not a candidate for a scs. So any suggestions appreciated.(I already had 3 rounds of blocks they only worked for 3 or 4 days!) Has anybody out there got to the point where you were told there was nothing they could do for your pain? Well enough rambling. Hope everyone has a blessed evening!
TINCAN
LAMINECTOMY L5-S1
DISKTECTOMY L5-S1
FUSION L5-S1 WITH HARDWARE
BONE SPURS
MEGA SCAR TISSUE
DDD UP TO THORASIC AREA
STENOSIS
SPONDYLIOSIS
DISK BULGE L4-S1