Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 09:07 PM   #1

CanadianMommy HB User
Post new here

Hi,
I am mommy to 2 beautiful girls who have CF. Both girls have the deltaF508 gene and G542X. My 2 1/2 year old was diagnosed at 10 weeks old with CF (no family history) becasue she had meconium ileus at birth, which is an indication that a baby may have CF. She cleared this intestinal blockage on her own in NICU and we could go home after 1 week. My 5 months old also has CF and was diagnosed at birth. She too had meconium ileus at birth but required surgery at 5 days old to remove the blockage. She was given a temporary ileostomy for 3 months then had the ileostomy reversed. While recovering from this reversal she developed another blockage and required a third surgery which was successful. She remained in hospital for another 10 days on IV antibiotics to clear up a pseudomonas infection in her blood. Despite her rough start (51 days in hospital) she is doing amazing now. Both girls seem to be really healthy and to look at them you would never know they had CF.

I have just discovered your board and look forward to learning about how to deal with various CF issues as my children grow and experience new things.

Tammy

------------------
Mommy of 2 girls with CF