View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
(male)

dreamingat30fps HB User
Advice about blood pressure pills

Ok... I'm a 22 year old male and I went for a checkup recently and was told I was overweight (yeah no shock there). However they did a chest x-ray and the doctor said my heart was getting enlarged... now I'm freaked out. Anyways they did several other tests like an ECG and blood work and that all seems to be normal.

Now my question is this. He said my blood pressure was high and prescribed some pills (I cant really make out what they are called) he said I should take one every morning and lose weight then go back in a month. Ok I know I need to lose weight (I'm about 5'11" and 240lbs) however I'm not so sure about the pills. I've been taking my blood pressure (as he didn't tell me/I forgot what it was when they did it at the doctors office) and I continue to get reading of around 135/80 something. Now I know this is a little high... but enough to have me take pills? If you haven't noticed I HATE pills so that's why I would really not like to take them if I don't have to. Also my concern is I've always heard when you start taking blood pressure pills you have to take them for LIFE!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by dreamingat30fps; 06-14-2005 at 12:01 PM.