View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 07:06 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User
Re: what were your symptoms after IUI?

I had 4 IUI's and the fourth one worked! I am 35 weeks pregnant with our first. What meds were you on? The one that worked for me was gonal F (injectible). I also had a trigger shot. I was 100% sure that my period was coming. I was cramping and stuff. Plus I was on progesterone suppositories from the day after IUI (I think it's standard with injectibles), so my period was most likely going to be put off until I got the BFN and stopped the progesterone. Anyways I was going for my beta on day 14 or 15 but I took a hpt the night before the blood test so I would be prepared when the blood test came back negative. To my surprise it was positive, but I wasn't even totally excited yet cause I didn't know if the trigger could still be in my system. The next morning, I called the nurse and told her and she said the trigger probably was already out of my system and there was a good chance I was pregnant. Beta came back positive and the rest is history! I have had a fairly uneventful pregnancy so far thank god. I wish you all the best and don't give up! I would imagine you could take a hpt about 14 days after the trigger and be confident with the results. Good luck!
Stacy