View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User
Question Is this bad? Super light butter containing trans fats...

Okay, so I'm trying to lose like 10 lbs of weight. It's really annoying cos I had them off but then school started gettin hectic, so I studied 24/7, stopped going to the gym and stopped caring about my food until my exams were over (last week)... so now I've gained them back. Anyways, theres like this butter I use. But it contains some trans fats... It's really light, I mean here in Holland they don't really sell any fake butters such as 'I can't believe it's not butter', etc... but it contains 145 calories per 100 grams... and 1 gram of trans fat and 4 grams of saturated fats per 100 grams... is this really that bad? Cos the other lowest calorie butter I could find contains like double the calories... and normaly butter like triple or even more.

Actually, I don't really care about heart conditions etc. and risks that go wtih it. Because I normally eat so healthy it's really not gonna give me any diseases. But does it affect my metabolism? Will that matter more than the amount of calories in it for my weight loss? Thanks...