Thread: Hospice?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #9
(female)

debdaniel HB User
Re: Hospice?

God bless you all for your support and kind words. Dad's BP was 48 yesterday. And that was when they could manage one. I asked 48 top or bottom number. She said both. His pulse was about 120. His lungs are clear but his urine output is about 2 tablespoons for a 24 hour period. He moans and cries out loud at times. He is constantly moving his arms, reaching in the air. He skin is so thin that he is covered in skin tears and sores. I spent all day Saturday with him and part of Sunday. I worked yesterday until the afternoon. I went and releived my brother about 4 p.m. and stayed until 8:30 p.m. I again was there this a.m. about 6:45 a.m. Unfortunately, I had to leave to go to work about 8:00. I was already late for work.

I want to be with him all the time. I hurt at thinking of him not having family with him when he does pass. But, I am past exhaustion. The desire and need to be with him is also wearing me down. I don't see how he keeps going. I told him again and again to try to relax and when God sends His angels, he is to go with them. We will be ok.