View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
(male)

ermc HB User
Does this sound like Fibromyalgia?

I'm a 23 year old male and have been experiencing a plethora of strange symptoms over the last year.

Here are my symptoms

*Pain on right side of throat and ear

*Funny clicking almost grinding sound in throat when swallowing at a certain angle

*Right side of throat/jawline feels like there is a tenderness or pressure on it

*Painful headaches on right side

*Random muscle twiches, they seem more prevelant when the pains begin

*Pain under right armpit, the doctors I've seen nor I have found any swollen glands

*Pain in chest when exerting energy sometimes (washing dishes for example) or sitting in an uncomfortable chair (I've had this since I was 14 and first started noticing it while playing guitar while sittiing down)

*Sore left hip, feels like its at the bone and hurts when bending over

*Feeling hot or cold when the environment is neither hot nor cold

*red flakey rashes on a knuckle and the underside of my arm (I have dry skin by nature but these are different) Steriod creams seem to have no effect

*Redness in my right eye, tears streaming from the eye randomly at times

*Inability to focus or concentrate on work at times, feels sort of like I'm zoning out or outside of myself

*Extremely tired after waking up, not feeling awake for 3-4 hours after I wake up, feeling tired in the mid day and afternoon. Pains seem the worst when first waking up and come and go throughout the day

*The symptoms seem to come and go. I will be fine and feel great for a a couple of weeks up to a couple of months only for them all to come back to me one day to last anywhere from weeks to months. I believe there might be a possible stress connection. They seem to come back on me hard after I missed sleep one night and tried to readjust my sleeping schedule after feeling healthy and great for over a month.

These are a few symptoms I can think of at the moment, I apologize if the list long or difficult to read. I'm of the understanding that Fibromyaligia isn't common in men, I had my gallbladder removed 5 months ago and I'm also of the understanding that isn't common in men either. There is a family history of fibromyalgia in my family. My aunt on my mom's side was diagnosed with it several years ago.

I appreciate any advice as these symptoms worry me and I won't have access to a doc or medical insurance until november.

Last edited by ermc; 08-18-2005 at 10:31 PM.