View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
(female)

acornfl HB User
Question Newly diagnosed Need help( warning may get long)

I will start with a little history, I posted a few weeks ago before I had an actual doctor diagnose me( my aunt suffers from FM and is the one that told me I most likely have it too)
I had been going to doctors for 4 years with constant pain and pretty much slept all day and could not figure out why, at a b-day party for my son my Aunt was over and we got to talking and thats when she told me to talk to my doc and start testing for Fm. I was diagnosed last Friday and the doctor has given me Ibuprofen 800mg, Loritab 5mg and Mylan sleeping pills.
My questions are mainley about the meds, Is this normal treatment? I don't really like or trust this doc too awful much, but he was the only available with my insurance coverage.
I still have lots of pain even after the Loritab, the pain meds is what gives me the energy but isnt to effective on my pain as it feels mostly in my joints and bones. Is there a differant medication I should talk with my doctor about? I hate going to the doctors with no clue what to ask or be concerned with, so I'm looking for a little insight and advice. Thanks in advance!!