View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 05:56 AM   #7
(female)

chocolatesprinkle HB User
Re: I want to cry-bulls eye

Hi Ciconner:

I'm so sorry to hear about this new finding. I did have a bull's eye rash. The center was in my groin, in the hair line - it would be hard to notice the tick there. After reading Buhner's book, I'm sure it was a nymph based on the time of year I was bitten. I did have the mind to take a picture of it. I found the rash while in the shower - it was quite large, spreading into an oval of about 5-6 inches. For me, I think if I had not been able to see it, I certainly would have eventually 'found' it because it was also quite hot and itchy. The area in the oval outside of the center was red and raised as well. I don't remember how long it stayed around - I'd say about a week. This was what my bull's eye was like, but as you know, they can take manifest in many different ways.

BTW, I found my rash on the Thursday before 9/11. I had fatigue and joint pain, mostly in my hips and I felt this for about 3-4 days before the rash appeared. Being such an active person at the time, I knew something was wrong.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I was at a music event yesterday which included a field that had been recently mowed and this was all I could think about, getting bit again. I did use bug spray, and then I made sure I showered when I got home.

CS