View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: Incontinence issues

She needs more than pads, she needs the incontinence underwear called "Depends" (name brand) but with many supermarket and drugstore chains having their own brands. It is generically called 'incontinence underwear'. They look like pull up underpants but have a thicker section in the center which is made of that wonderful absorbent material invented for Pampers years ago.

Young mothers of today can't imagine us changing our babies HOURLY or more because those gauze cloth diapers held next to nothing ..and early versions of Pampers were not a whole lot better ..that blue stuff in the center now absorbs, like , a day's supply of urine! Babies actually wake up with a pouch the size of a basketball hanging between their legs but the clothes and crib sheets are DRY..

But I digress. Yes, the adult pants are equally or more absorbent and also SMELL KILLING. Get a batch of them, put them in her drawer where she keeps underpanties, and throw out her urine soaked ones instead of washing them .. good luck. If it's that or naked bottoms, she may just out them on. "These are the new warm winter undies, Mom." I think that's what Barbara H told her Mom ..

Lots of luck!

(wishing it were that easy ..my Mom said yes, Ok, I'll use them ...but didn't!~)

Martha