View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #1

Atthis HB User
Should I seek a diagnosis?

I'm 17 and for the past three years or so have been very fatigued. I feel as tired when I wake up as when I went to sleep; I feel dully achy in all parts of my body; I sleep a lot; I feel tired all the time, to the extent that I often have difficulty concentrating in school; and after minor exertion I am unusually exhausted, more than most people. I frequently get colds, but other than that I usually have a dull pain in my throat, like when a sore throat is developing. Lately I have also had severe headaches, which may or may not be related to a horseback-riding accident I had a few weeks ago (my ct-scan was normal though).

My dad thinks the tiredness is the result of malnutrition, because I'm vegetarian; however I take supplements, I eat all types of dairy and am not anemic.

I should perhaps also mention that I frequently faint -- since I was eight -- and that we're fairly certain it's Neurocardiogenic Syncope, since it happens when I stand up from a seated position or stand for a long time.

What do you think? Does this sound like a case of CFS? It's fairly mild, since I can basically function, but should I still seek a diagnosis? If so, what kind of doctor should I go to?

-Atthis

Last edited by Atthis; 09-06-2005 at 08:07 PM.