View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #3

Atthis HB User
Re: Should I seek a diagnosis?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have not been tested for any of those illnesses; part of the problem is that my family has no steady income right now, so my father shrinks from spending money wherever it isn't absolutely necessary. Obviously, trying to get a diagnosis is expensive.

Yesterday a couple other things occurred to me; first, I've read that people with CFS sometimes get hot and cold flashes. Is this like extreme fluctuations in body temperature? Because this happens to me all the time, usually afternoons and evenings, but I always thought I was just weird that way. I'll go from shivering, huddled under a blanket, in socks and a hat, to -- a couple hours later or sometimes less -- being so hot I can barely stand to even wear clothes and wanting to open all the windows. And this is in a house where the temperature is regulated to be normal and constant.

The other thing is that my dad says I started being tired and having other symptoms around the time I became vegetarian a few years ago, which is true. But actually, that was around the same time I had a bad case of bronchitis, for which I took antibiotics. Could these two things be related?

It's hard to tell clearly about anything because the onset has been so gradual. I'll look for those books you suggested in Kiya's thread.

Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it.
-Atthis

Last edited by Atthis; 09-08-2005 at 08:28 PM.