View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Help me with this feeling?

In my opinion, Im leaning towards anxiety on you. Reason being if depression when these "waves" hit, you go get busy like mowing as you stated, etc and got some relief. Depression would not intice somebody to do that, they would more likely put off doing things.

We are not know to one another here, so may I ask are you having financial problems, even to the fact that you're "thinking" constantly if I even need to spend money at the doctors, "I'm" causing a strain on finances?

Second, crying and being scared is normal with anxiety, its due to first, go get relief after you mowed, but then you second guess yourself, "What if Im depressed? If not "What in the world is wrong with me?", its natural questions to be asking yourself, so you feel overwhelmed about not having the answers and just want to burst out in tears at times.

Its great that you found a therapist/group to attend. They helped me tremendously. If you can take your wife with you, they had spouses,etc in our group to tell them what we are experiencing the frustrations, and lots of information that will shed some light, and they won't get overly concerned, which is causing YOU more anxiety. Since your Dad quickly seemed to hit the nail on the head so quick, were there any general anxiety problems on your paternal side of the family? Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, research is finding lots of generational anxiety/panic.