It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #16
(female)

honeydiet HB User
Re: feb mommies

Glad to see everything is alright Lucii!

Does anyone have food aversions yet? I try to feed myself healthy food as much as I can but sometimes I just don't have the energy. Today I felt hungry and nauseous and everything I had in my fridge made me want to yak. And then I noticed some Mr. Noodles in the cupboard...mmmm... So my best friend calls and I tell her I'm making Mr. Noodles and she starts lecturing me about how I should only eat nutritious foods. How annoying is that??? Needless to say she's never been pregnant. Last thing I need right now is people nagging me. Especially people who don't know what they're talking about. And the Mr. Noodles made me feel so much better. I'm stocking up.

Anyone else having any fun cravings?

Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 AM   #17
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hiya honeydiet. I havent had any food aversions yet this pregnancy. With my daughter i couldnt eat mushrooms! the thought of them in my mouth was to much to cope with lol. I have done the same as you though, and been hungry but when ive looked in the fridge there was nothing i could make myself eat, nothing quite what i wanted.
I got a letter in the post today saying my next scan date has been moved from july 7th, till august 4th. Ill be 12 weeks 2 days then. I dont mind it being pt off till then though coz I know all is ok
Hope everyone else is fine
Lucii xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #18
(female)

BellaMama HB User

I guess I am joining your Feb mommies group =) I have two dd's (10 and 7) and wow is this a surprise LOL I have a few concerns though...

I have SVT and have been on Toprol for about 6 years now. I also take Celexa for anxiety. I am not worried about the Celexa b/c I can live without that, but not so sure about the Toprol.

I have to call the perinatologist first thing in the morning to get in asap. Please say a prayer for me that everything will work out. I really want this baby, it will be my fiance's first and he is thrilled as heck of course.

Anyone else have any problems like this before? On an important med when you conceived???

Congrats to all that are here =) Btw, I am VERY prego lol I am TIRED, hard to keep eyes open, every smell bothers me, and nauseous and/or puking just about 24/7... not fun at all yet lol

oh, and my due date, if my dates are correct, is Feb 27th. Won't know for sure until I have a scan done though.

BellaMama

Old 06-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #19
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hiya bellamama. Welcome and congrats
When i conceived my daughter, i was on a anti depressant, which i told the doctor i was pregnant and she changed it to a better on for whilst pregnant, and reduced the dose down too. she said idealy its best to not be on any, but it would of done me more harm than good if i was on non. Luckily this time round im off them though. Maybe theres an alternative to what your on if its not sutible? I dont know but im sure something will work out

how is everyone else? did you have a good weekend?

I feel a little tired and a ittle sick, it could be being pg, or it could be i dont seem to have time to eat or sleep much atm! dh and I had just started up our own business a month before i found out i was pg lol so thats taking alot of time and effort!
speak to you all soon, Lucii xx

Old 07-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
(female)

jeanlean HB User

HI there .. anyone mind if I join? Im still waiting for an ultrasound to figure out how far along I really am. At the minute my doctor and I are guessing Im 7weeks with a due date of Feb 10th. Not sure how accurate that is seeing as I was never one to keep a date of my last period. My husband and I werent planning on trying for a baby until September but are very happy to be where we are at the minute. Im still really nervous, always wondering if theres still a baby in my belly. I have a little pouch and have nausea but no vomiting, I guess thats a good thing. I also have had really tender breasts. This is my first pregnancy so Im sure everyone out there knows what thats like, always wondering. I dont know if Ive really gotten my head around the whole parenting thing. Its really overwhelming. Like others Ive had the miscarriage scare which I still think about a lot and then my sister in law calls yesterday and tells me to look out for preeclampsia in the third trimester which is really messing me up. Anyway, just taking one day at a time and will see how it goes. Congratulations to all of you mommies to be

Old 07-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #21
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Hi Jeanlean! Welcome!

I'm also on my first pregnancy and I know exactly what you mean by "always wondering". I feel totally nauseous all the time and I just can't bring myself to eat anything healthy. I hope it passes soon as I usually like fresh foods, just not these days.

My doctor freaked me out about miscarriages (nice eh?) Also, I have concerns about pre-eclampsia too. I'm 80 lbs overweight so I have reason to be concerned. But I know enough women who had perfectly healthy babies and normal deliveries who were also overweight, and that eases my concerns. The other thing that helps is the fact that I'm giving birth in a hospital where all the technology is available if there are complications. I have to trust that the doctors will take care of me if anything goes wrong.

When I get really scared about the future, parenting, money, I start thinking about the positive things. I start looking up names and think about where I'm going to put the crib, stuff likes that. It brings the happy stuff back and eases the worries.

Anyway, take care.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #22
(female)

Rachlouvier HB User
Re: feb mommies 2010 - Part 1

Hi,
I hope you all don't mind if I join in! My due date is also Feb. 18, and I have two son's who are 4 and 12.

My 4 year old was also due Feb. 18... but ended up coming a little early on the 4th. My hubby and I have a theory that I only ovulate once a year (haha) because we have always had trouble conceiving. My last pregnancy resulted with the help of clomid. (after trying for 2 years) We tried clomid again recently with no luck. Ironically, I am pregnant now after having stopped the clomid in Feb. Go figure.

Its so early, and I share all of your worries and concerns. It will be so nice to have other mommies to share and talk with. I've never joined a board like this before.

Rachel

Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hiya, feb mommies, just wondering how you all are?
xx

Old 07-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #24
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Hey Lucii,

Ya I'm good. Very tired these days. I also have accepted the fact that I can't cook anything anymore. Being in my kitchen makes me nauseous. I can smell things a mile away, especially garbage. I sound grumpy don't I? I hope it passes soon. I hear the second trimester is way better.

I don't think I'm getting an ultrasound until I'm 20 weeks but I might be wrong. Going to the doctor in 2 weeks so I will find out more then.

How are you doing?

Old 07-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #25
(male)

sweetypie505 HB User

second baby due feb 1, 2010 this pregnancy so far has been alot easier than my first pregnancy..no morning sickness but showing already

Old 07-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #26
(male)

sweetypie505 HB User

congrads! my due date is feb. 1, 2010. this is my second pregnacy and so far no real complaints unlike my first... nausea comining to an end no vomiting thnak god! still tired and sore breasts and starting to show already...best of luck

Old 07-26-2009, 03:03 AM   #27
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hiyas. hows everyone feeling?

hiya honeydiet, hows the nauseous feelings doing? hope its not too bad fr you now

hiya Rachlouvier, I laughed when i read your theory!! wow 3 kids all in february busy month for you for birthdays then!

hope everyone else is ok. not many of us feb mommies is there!
im counting down to my scan! 9 days to go! seeing the midwife on thursday too, should be pretty boring methinks.

hope to hear from some of you soon
lucii xx

Old 07-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #28
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Hi All,

My nausea is still around but I've figured out some coping skills. I eat snacks every 2-3 hours instead of meals. I try to stay cool (we're in a heatwave). I've actually managed to grocery shop and cook this week, although I did feel pretty queasy, it was nice to feel useful.

I went to the doctor today. All my numbers are good but we couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat yet. My doc said not to worry and in a couple of weeks we should hear it. I'm 11 weeks now so hopefully that's normal.

No ultrasound until I'm 20 weeks. boo. Is it that way in the States too? I'm in Canada.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:27 AM   #29
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hiya, honeydiet, glad you found a way of dealing with nausea, its awful feeling sick all the time! wow cant believe your in a heatwave, send some of that heat this way!! im in uk, and weve got rain lol. I think 11 weeks is a bit early to hear heartbeat. Tis a pity you dont get a scan till 20 weeks, but im sure itll be nice to see your baby then im in uk so we got one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks. what date in feb are you due?

Ive got a midwife apt today, so hopefully thatll all be ok, if a little boring. My 12 week scan is next week on tuesday. ill be 12 weeks 2 days then. I still dont feel pregnant!!!

hope everyone else is fine
lucii xx

Old 07-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #30
(female)

jeanlean HB User

Hey everyone! Honeydiet.. not hearing a heartbeat at 11weeks is completely normal. Ive just been through an awful couple of days because of this. Last Monday we went to the midwife to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler.. nothing there but I was only 10weeks so that was 'normal'. We went again one week later.. no heartbeat. Trust me when I say I cried that whole night. So they scheduled me for an ultrasound the very next day. everyone was doubtful that I was still pregnant even though I've had no troubles so far (touch wood). We went to get the ultrasound and they couldnt find anything using the external way. I was crushed. Then they went internally.. and there in front of me was my little baby. It was the most amazing thing Ive ever seen. I was told that I was 10 weeks and 4 days then. So Im 10 weeks and 6days now. They baby is 3.73 cm and is due February 19th. It was such a relief. The reason they couldnt hear the heartbeat was because my uterus is leaning waaaay back towards my butt. The technician says Ill probably not hear the baby by doppler for about another 6weeks. So dont worry. If you still have the pregnancy symptoms and everything seems to be going fine then Im pretty sure youll be hearing your baby in no time. I heard the heartbeat and it was just so amazing!
Lucii.. where in the UK are you from? I lived there for most of my life but am now living in Alaska. Ill say that its going to be an experince having a child in our coldest month where it reaches about -35 regularly. Good luck with your first ultrasound.. take tissues!

Take care

Closed Thread