It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #31
(female)

Rachlouvier HB User
Re: feb mommies 2010 - Part 1

Honeydiet - I had a doc appt yesterday, I'm exactly 11 weeks. We also could not pick up the heartbeat. However, I'm lucky in that my doc has her own u/s equipment, and wanted to ease my mind. So she had a quick look. We couldn't see it well with the belly u/s either, so she switched to the trans-vaginal. And there was the baby... squirming around, and little heart just beating away.

I just thought I'd share so that you will know that you shouldn't necessarily worry at this point.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #32
(female)

Rachlouvier HB User

Oh, btw, I am in the United States. I'm considered high risk because my oldest son was born with some health problems. But I think its pretty normal here not to get an u/s until 20 weeks as well. It depends mostly on your doctor though I think.

Rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2009, 02:29 AM   #33
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

morning ladies

honeydiet, my midwife tryed to get a h/b with the doppler yesterday and couldnt find it either, so it seems were all in the same boat!

jeanlean, sorry to hear you were so upset by not hearing h/b either, glad you saw your little baby though and that alls well
Im in the northeast near newcastle, where abouts were you from?

My apt yesterday was pretty boring as i thought it would. my midwife seemed more concerned than i am that i didnt have really any symptoms and didnt feel pregnant. DH reminded me that i didnt have many with our daughter, and the only difference in me is im apparently grumpy!! lol men! just dont have a clue!

xx

Old 07-31-2009, 09:20 AM   #34
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Oh thanks everyone, I feel much better now.

Trust me Lucii, you don't want this heat. It's was 34 yesterday and it's humid. I live on the west coast where it doesn't get hot, it's a lot like the UK in that it rains all the time. So no one has air conditioning and no one is sleeping. It's supposed to ease off this weekend so yay!

Alright, better get back to work...hehe.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #35
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Heard the heartbeet last week when I was exactly 13 weeks! It was 160 bpm which is apparently normal.

I have a belly and am in maternity clothes.

Eating is still a major challenge, going to try soup today.

How is everyone doing? Happy second trimester!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:22 AM   #36
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Hi Feb mommies. Long time no speak to. Well, I just got an u/s this week @ 19 weeks. It's a boy! I have a 3yr old DD so that's cool. She was saying for the longest that it was a girl so I thought she'd be disappointed but she wasn't. All I can think of is I guess I'll be shopping for all new everything now. (everything, and I mean everything she had was pink). Everything looks great though. I also took that blood test that supposed to check for chromosom problems this week. Supposed to go back Monday for those results.

How's everyone else doing? Anyone else know what they're having? I'm actually feeling much better than I did when I was pregnant with DD. Guess I should've guessed that this one was a boy!

Old 09-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #37
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hiya! wow a little boy thats lovely bet you'll have loads of fun shopping for all blue now! good luck with blood test results, hope alls ok, let us know.

Is there anyone else still here? lol hope your well if you are!

I have my scan next thursday to find out what were having, although ive thought all along itll be a boy, so we will see. I dont mind too much though, i have a son whos 11 and 20 month old daughter so already have one of each. my moms been having a major sort out in the attic, and found loads of my sons small clothes, so either way i wont have much to buy this time round.

I cant believe how fast the time seems to be going! ill be 21 weeks on saturday, over half way! anyone else feel like this?

Well i guess back to work it is, washing machines to wash lol

hope to hear from someone soon!
lucii xx

Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #38
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Hi everyone! Congrats on the boy myloathe! I had my scan last week but elected not to know the gender. I want to be surprised. Everything was fine with the baby but my placenta is low so I have to go back for another scan at 32 weeks. I don't mind going for another scan, it was fun. My doctor says not to worry about the low placenta and that it will probably rise in my third trimester, but if it doesn't I'll have to get a C-section. I really hope not, I just don't like the idea of the C-section, it scares me a lot more than a natural birth. This is my first so I'm assuming everything.

I got that screening blood test and it came back fine. I was so happy.

I'm now 19 weeks, so almost half way. My sickness subsided around 15 weeks. Now I'm always hungry and thinking about the next snack. Peanut butter is one of my faves. I can't say it's going by quickly though, actually it still seems like forever, February still is a long way off.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:11 AM   #39
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

yay its thursday! scan day today! will post when im back to let you know what im having, even though i know itll be a boy lol
xx

Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #40
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

OMG how wrong was I! ultrasound says 80% its a girl! still not convinced though lol
x

Old 10-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #41
(female)

koasatigirl HB User

hey ladies congrats to every1! just found this board, think i'll check it out. EDD is Feb 19, so i'm glad to find others out there that i can talk to and who actually know what i'm talking about (husband doesn't have a clue lol). We go Oct 20 to find out what we're having, we're excited to say the least! Hope everything is going okay for every1 out here.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #42
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Welcome koasatigirl! Is this your first? Do you have any inclinations on the gender? Have you been feeling any kicks and nudges?

I am due Feb 17th. My baby has active days and lazy days. Yesterday it kicked and punched me all day at work. Seriously, it didn't rest. Today it's taking it easy though. It's so neat.

My husband says my butt is getting bigger, but my clothes still fit so I dunno. Hope not.

Last edited by honeydiet; 10-10-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #43
(female)

koasatigirl HB User

hey honeydiet. yeah this is gonna be our first. I swear it's a girl, hubby wants a boy lol. We find out for sure next Tuesday either way. Been feeling like a punching bag (literally!) since the beginning of week 15, and the kid has not let up since. I actually fall asleep to what feels like cartwheels every night, i love the feeling. Haven't been able to fit into any of my jeans in about a month, just filled up like a balloon overnight, but maternity clothes don't quite fit yet. It's a very interesting period to say the least lol. Have any of you started leaking yet? It's driving me insane!

Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #44
(female)

honeydiet HB User

No leaking here. Not yet anyway.

So is anyone getting the H1N1 vaccine? I'm skeptical but also paranoid. I just don't know what to do, I'm so torn. I mean, if I get the actual swine flu I could die, but if I get the vaccine I could harm the baby? Anyone heard anything yet on the affects on pregnant women? Today is the first day of the vaccine in Canada.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #45
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hya. Honeydiet, im not getting the vaccine. i have read and read about it, and from what i can gather, it doesnt acctually stop you getting swine flu, just lessens the symptoms and can reduce it by up to 1 day. I feel the best way is paracetamol to keep temp down, and keep cool, cool baths ect. thats my opinion anyways! dont just do what your told by doctors ect, do your own reading and reaserch
stay well
Lucii x

Closed Thread