It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #46
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User
Re: feb mommies 2010 - Part 1

I got myself and 3yr old DD the H1N1 vaccine. The virus seems to be a little more widespread here though in the U.S. Both her pediatrician and my OB ordered them for all of the patients. Since she goes to daycare and I work in a big call center with hundreds of people, I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

How is everyone doing otherwise? This baby is moving around like crazy. I can't wait for the Black Friday and the Christmas deals so I can load up on baby clothes and gear, since I have no boy stuff

I'm supposed to go in 2 weeks to get the glucose test. Hopefully, everything will be ok cause I love my sweets!

Does anyone else have a toddler/preschooler that has become extremely clingy? OMG! My DD is exremely excited about being a big sister, but now, she'll cry to be carried and will wake up every other night at 3 am to come in my bed. I think it's only going to get worse the closer to the my due date.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #47
(female)

honeydiet HB User

My doctor prescribed tamiflu in case I get any symptoms. However I'm not lining up for 5 hours for the vaccine. Plus I don't take transit or get into any situations where I could easily pick it up. I wash my hands and use sanitiser all day and that should be enough.

My baby is moving around a lot. My husband has even felt a few kicks. I had the initial diabetes test on Friday. If there's a problem I'll probably hear about it today or tomorrow. I'm a bit worried as my dad has type 2 diabetes so I'm at a higher risk for that. I did enjoy a little halloween candy though.

I don't have any other kids but my dog has been very protective of me lately. I think he knows...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #48
(female)

honeydiet HB User
Unhappy Re: feb mommies 2010 - Part 1

Just got my result from the first gestational diabetes screening and it is high . It's 8.6 and normal is 7.7. I think it's around 155 by the American scale. So I'm freaking out right now. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and then I have to get the tolerance test done, which is the 3 hour test. Ugh, I'm so worried. My dad has type 2 diabetes which puts me at a pretty high risk. Now I'm afraid to eat anything, but I know I have to eat. I just don't know what I should eat??? Raw veggies and steamed fish? Ugh...puke....this sucks.

Also my hemoglobin is out of whack, I'll find out more about that tomorrow too.

Good luck to the rest of you. I hope you don't have this problem, it's scary!

Old 11-04-2009, 04:42 AM   #49
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

New here......have been on the thyroid board quite a bit...(had thyroid removal and cancer last year)...

Found out on Oct 1 that I'm 5mos pregnant. Never had any idea. Was always told it wouldn't happen. Hubby and I even did fertility drugs years ago. Gave up, we have 2 beautiful adopted daughters (ages 12,8) and now....1 month before my 40th bday...I'm pregnant! Shocked, yes...excited, yes....nervous, yes. All is well. He kicks like crazy at certain times of day. Ususally when I'm trying to sleep, of course!

My question...(first of many to come I'm sure) is about sleeping comfortably. I have tried the pillows and everything. Do I just end up in the recliner for the next 4 mos? Have an appt next week. Will ask Dr then. Seeif he says anything. But, I'm getting pretty tired with all this lack of sleep. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you Ladies!
mmmcoffee....................due 2/28/10

Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #50
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Hi mmmcoffee....that is such a cool story. I'm sure your pregnancy will go nice and smooth, especially if you didn't even realize you were pregnant. I wish I could have skipped the first trimester.

We're all different, but I just sleep on my side. I put a pillow between my legs so I don't stretch my hips to much. That works for me.

Oh ya and an update on the gestational diabetes - I don't have it! It was because I had a sugary breakfast before I went for the screening test. Warning to you all, watch your sugar intake 12 hours before that screening test. If you screen high you have to go for the icky 3 hour glucose tolerance and it is not fun.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #51
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

I've got to go for the glucose on 12/10. They did say not to have added sugar with cereal or anything for breakfast that day. Glad to hear all is well with you.

The sleeping hasnt really improved, just think I'm getting used to it. Last night was couch, recliner, couch, recliner. I'm good for about 2-3 hrs before my hips and legs go numb...then I have to get up and move around. Oh well, just getting me back into the schedule of waking up all night in prep for the little guy, right?

Being my 40th is next week....I may have to hit DH up for a NEW comfortable recliner for my birthday! Either that, or I may be pretty sleep deprived and grumpy for the next 4 mos! Which would be the lesser of 2 evils? LOL! Thanks for the response.

mmmcoffee (going to have to change screen name....miss my coffee!)

Old 11-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #52
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hey ladies.how are you all? is anyone having trouble sleeping? i cannot get comfy! i have a lovely matteress, but have had to put a duvet on it to lie on so its super soft, my hips hurt so much! I am just huge this pregnancy. my son and daughter my bumps were so small, but i think im having a elephant this time lol
I went and had a 4d scan today. it was wonderful! they confirmeed i am having a little girl.she had hicups and the scan lady flicked a switch and we heard the hiccups lol

hope everyone is doing well. I have 11 weeks 5 days to go!!
Lucii xx

Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #53
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Sleep!?!? What's that? I can do about 2 hrs in bed before my legs get numb or start to bother me. Then it's off to the recliner for the next couple hrs then to the couch. I've tried all the pillows etc....I think I've slept 1-2 nights in my bed (and then only until about 3am) in the past few months. Hope everyone else is having better luck!

mmmcoffee

Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #54
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Wow, okay I'm feeling lucky that I've been sleeping but the heartburn is starting. I ate way too much food last night: 2 big burritos (yum) and a bunch of double chocolate chip cookies with milk (yummmmm). But now I feel like crrrrap. Seriously, watch the portions because this is not a good feeling. I'm so tired, my brain is like deadwood. And I have 8 hours of work ahead of me .

Lucii, that is so cute about the hiccups.

mmmcoffee - I drink coffee every day. My doctor says since my blood pressure is normal (120/70) it's fine to have a cup. I just have a small cup in the morning and then sometimes even a small one in the afternoon. Everything is fine.

Good luck on the sleeping everyone.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #55
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Hi All. Just had the glucose test this morning. I hadn't eaten breakfast but about 8 hrs earlier, I had quite a few chocolate chip cookies. Hopefully that was out of my system by then. I'm seeing the ob every other week now so I'll be back on the 30th to go over the results and get another u/s. This little boy has been moving around like crazy! It's a great feeling. What's not a great feeling is the heartburn. I've been sleeping sitting up cause it hurts so bad. And I barely gained 25 lbs with DD with my 1st pg. I've gained 7 lbs in the last month! This sucks! Gained about 16 lbs so far and 12 weeks to go. How much are you suppose to gain in the last trimester? Other than the heartburn though, sleeping itself hasn't been that bad though. I think it's because after working all day, playing with DD and cooking and cleaning, I'm just so tired that the pg aches and pains don't bother me, lol. I'm sure my time will come.

Meanwhile, I can't wait for the black friday deals. I don't have anything for a baby boy so I'll be shopping like crazy for some boy clothes and gear! Take care mommies.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #56
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Well, I survived taking that 3-hr glucose test today, after getting a 186 on the 1-hr one. Boy, that drawing blood for 4 times was awful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this one comes out ok.

My left back and butt also aches when I sleep. Other than that though, I've been doing ok. I got an u/s earlier this week and everything (head, length, and weight) lined up to a Feb. 14th baby. Crazy part too was that the baby was measuring at 2 lbs 14 oz! The doc told me to play 2-1-4 on the lottery, lol!

How's everyone else doing? This is one quiet board.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #57
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Hi Myloathe - how was shopping on black friday? I'm kind of jealus as I live in Canada about an hour away from the border. I so wanted to go down there, but didn't think I could handle the crowds. My butt kills and it's hard to walk. The only exercise I get is on the bike at the gym, better than nothing.

Your glucose test sounds kind of high but maybe it was those cookies. Good luck on the results and if it does come back that you have gd, at least it's only for 10 weeks and from what I hear it's not all that bad.

My baby has lazy days and active days. Not sure if that's normal. Also I got a heart rate monitor and it's heart rate was always 140, every time. But in the last couple days it's gone down to 120. I'll be asking my doctor about that on Wednesday.

Let us know how the test went.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #58
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Hey Honeydiet. I had one of those heart monitors when I was pregnant the first time. All it did was cause me grief cause any time those #'s went too low, I'd freak out. I think the typical heartrate is 120-160 so you should be fine. Wouldn't hurt though for the doc to check it out though.

Still no word on my glucose results. I'm too afraid to call the doc.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #59
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Saw the doctor, babies heart rate was 140 again. She said it's good for the heart rate to change sometimes because it means the baby is responding to changes that are going on around him/her.

So how did the gd test go? Any news?

Old 12-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #60
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Hello all

I got a 219 on the glucose test. Now it's off to dietician/nutrionist I guess. Of course I called them all, they're all out until Monday. So I'm a little nervous about the GD. My throid levels were also off, but that's a whole nother issue. What do you know about GD? They've said it can be controlled with diet. I know 219 is high, but what is normal? How high is 219? If anyone has any info, it'd be great.

Thanks

mmmcoffee

Closed Thread