It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #61
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User
Re: feb mommies 2010 - Part 1

hi ladies.
The nurse practioner at my OB called the other day and said I now have to take the 4-hr glucose test now. I started freaking out and she laughed, said she was joking and that everything came out ok. (not cool, but thank goodness).

coffee, I'm sorry about your high reading. When I took the 1hr test, doc told me that 140 was the norm and that anything over that, especially over 180 needed to be tested again. Only thing i really know about gd is what I get from watching Babies Special Delivery on tlc and that's that gd babies tend to be really big.

I don't know about you guys but it seems like this pg is flying by. I'm already 31 weeks along. Anyone else got a "wiggle-worm"? This boy is a lot more active than my daughter was. Sometimes, I swear it feels like he is so low he's trying to get out, lol.

Honey-glad to hear the heartrate is back up. Do you still not know the sex of the baby? I noticed you typed him/her.

Anyone done xmas shopping yet? This is what I'll spend my weekend doing.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:22 AM   #62
(female)

honeydiet HB User

I don't know the sex of my baby. I wanted to be surprised. But yes - my baby is a wiggle worm. always moving around.

Yesterday I did some baking, I must have been in the kitchen for at least 3 hours, probably more like 5 hours. Anyway, my upper butt is killing me now. I don't know how much longer I'm going to last before I decide to just stay in bed.

Coffee- about the gd, I thought I might have it (I don't...phew) but I totally researched it on the net and this is what I found out. Don't eat cereal and only eat bread if it's grainy and if you have bread, only have one peice. You need to eat small amounts, 5 or 6 times per day. You want to try and have a protien every time you eat. If it's just a snack, a peice of fruit and cheese is good. If you can stand plain yogurt or milk, they are perfect snacks. um...It's best to go for a walk after you eat, especially if you ate a complex carb like bread or rice. Oh ya and about complex carbs, try to stay away from white carbs: instead of white rice, eat brown rice, instead of white pasta, get whole grain, etc. I think that sums it up. Unfortunatley you can't have any treats which sucks at this time of year, I have sympathy for you, I really do. But you will be fine, there are a couple of women in my prenatal class that have gd and they say they are used to it and it's not that bad. And if you keep an eye and controll it your baby will be perfectly fine, not too big. Good Luck.

Last edited by honeydiet; 12-12-2009 at 07:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #63
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

OK February mommies, where ru?? We are nearing the home stretch here. 6 more weeks for me. I just spent the day at Babies R Us- got a great deal on a graco stroller/car seat combo, along with a bedding set. Great sale for them:-)

I'm going thru the "everything has to hurry up and be done" mode. The baby's room is painted and done- now we're working on getting DD's room done in Spongebob. I got DH digging out everything else out of the attic (bassinet, swing, bouncer, diaper genies, breastpump, etc). It just doesn't seem like it's enough time to get everything done.

Physically, I've been better. I always seem to be tired and my lower left back & hip constantly hurts. Massages don't even seem to help anymore. I slept on the couch last night though and woke up for the first time in 3 weeks without it hurting so I'm thinking that's where I'll be parked until I deliver. I see the doc again next Monday (35 weeks). She says I'll get another u/s to see what's going on, get the strep b test, and start my weekly visits. I swear, I don't think it's possible for my belly skin to stretch anymore:-)

Hope it warms up soon. It is freezing here! Hope to hear from you all soon!

Old 01-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #64
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Hello! Happy New Year!

I got all the stuff I needed on craigslist in the Fall. I just wanted to get things done because I have that same back/hip/upper butt pain and sometimes I seriously can't even walk. I knew it would just get worse so I tried to get ahead of the game. We (DH) still have to do the nursery. It's getting on my nerves that DH hasn't taken any innitiative with that. He always leaves things to the last minute and when you don't know when the last minute is, it's frustrating. A fight may erupt soon.

My problem these days is getting to sleep. I'm comfortable in my bed, I'm not stressing over anything, I turn the lights off and there's no TV, I'm tired, but I just can't seem to actually get to sleep. My legs get restless and then I get frustrated and by the time I calm down and drift off it's 4am! I think it's a hormonal thing. I have to get up early and go to work so I am really tired and I need my sleep at night. I'll be asking my doctor about that tomorrow.

I'm 34 weeks on Wednesday. Yes it's the home stretch and I just want everything ready before the big day.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #65
(female)

krystalt HB User

hi u r not alone mine is due the 12th but i am dialated 4cm

Old 01-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #66
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Hello all. I've been a little busy...delivered William Michael on 12/28 via c-sec. 9wks early but he's dong great. They think they may have messed up my due date seeing how much he does...taking bottles, knowing how to suck, swallow breath...so things are good. only 4lbs 6oz and still in hospital, but out of ICU and off all respirators, iv's and such. I'm sore as hell...even had legs swell up like telephone poles! But, did lose 13 lbs in the first 4 days i was home..w.ater weight, but that's ok. Have a check up with OB tomorrow to make sure healing well. Then back to hospital (2hrs away) to see my baby boy! Long trips, but don't mind. Love to be there and HATE to leave!

Hope all is well with everyone!

mmmcoffee

Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #67
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
Hello all. I've been a little busy...delivered William Michael on 12/28 via c-sec. 9wks early but he's dong great. They think they may have messed up my due date seeing how much he does...taking bottles, knowing how to suck, swallow breath...so things are good. only 4lbs 6oz and still in hospital, but out of ICU and off all respirators, iv's and such. I'm sore as hell...even had legs swell up like telephone poles! But, did lose 13 lbs in the first 4 days i was home..w.ater weight, but that's ok. Have a check up with OB tomorrow to make sure healing well. Then back to hospital (2hrs away) to see my baby boy! Long trips, but don't mind. Love to be there and HATE to leave!

Hope all is well with everyone!

mmmcoffee
Mmmcoffee, congratulations! I didn't realize one of "our own" delivered already. I'm glad to hear that he's doing good. 4lbs 6oz at 31 weeks seems pretty big. I'm just curious as to the situation why you delivered so soon?? And did they give you an idea of when the little bambino can come home? Do you guys not have a good baby hospital close by or were you guys out of town when this happened? It'll be nice when you can bundle him up and bring him home. The idea of a c-section sux but it sounds like it was necessary. Glad to hear everything is doing great.

Guess I better hurry up and finish everything since you never really know when you may go early.....

Old 01-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #68
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiet View Post
Hello! Happy New Year!

I got all the stuff I needed on craigslist in the Fall. I just wanted to get things done because I have that same back/hip/upper butt pain and sometimes I seriously can't even walk. I knew it would just get worse so I tried to get ahead of the game. We (DH) still have to do the nursery. It's getting on my nerves that DH hasn't taken any innitiative with that. He always leaves things to the last minute and when you don't know when the last minute is, it's frustrating. A fight may erupt soon.

My problem these days is getting to sleep. I'm comfortable in my bed, I'm not stressing over anything, I turn the lights off and there's no TV, I'm tired, but I just can't seem to actually get to sleep. My legs get restless and then I get frustrated and by the time I calm down and drift off it's 4am! I think it's a hormonal thing. I have to get up early and go to work so I am really tired and I need my sleep at night. I'll be asking my doctor about that tomorrow.

I'm 34 weeks on Wednesday. Yes it's the home stretch and I just want everything ready before the big day.
Hey Honey,
Well you were definitely ahead of me with purchasing the baby gear! If I'd delivered early like Coffee did, my baby boy would've been coming home in DD's old pink carseat, lol. I know what you mean about DH dragging his feet and a fight brewing... That's the only way my stuff is getting done. It seems like everytime we have an argument and I want him to just "go away", he'll do something like paint or drag other baby stuff out of the attic for me. If I just ask him, forget it- it's like I'm talking to my dog or something.

Isn't that back/hip pain the worst? I remember it disappearing immediately after delivering DD but I swear, I don't feel like I can take 6 more weeks of this.

I can't believe you're actually having trouble getting to sleep. Girl, now is the time you have to sleep cause once the baby is here, it ain't happening. I am ALWAYS friggin tired- could probably sleep 12 hrs easily everyday if DD would let me. I read another post where someone said their doc gave them a prescription for a mild sleeping pill/muscle relaxer. Maybe you can ask the doc if there's something safe that you can take this late in the game to help you.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #69
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Not sure of why early. stress, infection, not sure. They were concerned about the infection, and I just wanted to get him out and on antibiotics so it wouldnt hurt him. He's now done the antibiotics, fine and off all iv's. They all think the due date was off. Saying he's acting more like 34 wks than 31wks. No way of knowing though.

I'm hoping he can come home in a month, but not sure. They like to wait until 37 wks at least. I started at the local hospital, then ended up an hr and a half away at a bigger one. Has a better neonatal unit, so I don't mind. As long as I know he's in good hands.

Been to see him every day since I was discharged on Friday, but need to not go tomorrow. I have Dr's appts to check out the incision etc. Still having alot of pain, bleeding, but they say that goes on for a couple of weeks at least. Hopefully, it's all normal.

Thanks for you responses...Better be ready, you never know!

mmmcoffee

Old 01-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #70
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Ok. So I go last week for an u/s and the strep b test at 35 weeks. The doc says the baby is measuring small, in the 10th %tile (wouldn't say how many weeks that would be) and also said that my amniotic fluid was low. After all of that, I'm told not to worry, drink lots of fluids and come back this week for another u/s to see if anything has changed. If it hasn't, I'm supposed to get a non-stress test. Now, I started freaking out once I came home and thought about what she said so I called back to get some numbers. I guess that when the amniotic fluid is lower than 6 something or other, it's low. Mines measured at a 10 so I don't know what that was about.

Anyway, how is everyone else doing? I realize Feb. isn't the most ideal time to have a baby but this is a quiet board, lol! We finally finished up with the baby's room & my DD's room. Right now, I'm just running around like crazy, trying to just clean up the rest of the house. I guess all I really have left is to clean up DD's gear for the baby (bassinet, playyard, swing, etc) and pack a bag. Anyone know what would be the safest cleaner to use?

Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #71
(female)

honeydiet HB User

Well congratulations Coffee!!! Now you can drink coffee again! What a turn of events - you didn't know you were pregnant and the suddenly you have a baby!

Myloathe - I'm in the opposite situation that you're in. I had an u/s last week and they say the baby is measuring 6lbs 10 oz - kind of big. Not huge, I mean it won't be a 10 pounder, but still a little larger than I'd like. I was tested for gd and it was negative but I'm wondering if I developed it since the testing. I'm being somewhat careful what I eat, but I'm still eating more carbs than someone with gd would eat. I have bran muffins and vanilla yogurt - stuff like that. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I will find out more then.

I hear that low amniotic fluid is quite common but it doesn't sound like you have that anyway so...phew...

DH finally painted the nursery on Saturday - now he just has to put the crib together. I have to pack the hospital bag. The one thing we've both been putting off is figuring out how the stroller works and putting the carseat in the car. I've looked through the stroller manual and I swear you need an engineering degree to figure it all out. I think it's going to take us an entire day so maybe on the weekend. It's a Quinny travel XL, a good stroller, so it will be worth it once we get our heads around it.

4 more weeks to go!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #72
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Anyone feeling like the baby is coming really soon? Mines has dropped but im still completely closed- 37 weeks

Last edited by myloathe; 01-26-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #73
(female)

honeydiet HB User

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she didn't even check if I'm dilated. My baby has dropped a bit and there is pressure on my pelvis. I have no idea when this is going to happen. I'm 37 weeks as of today.

I stopped working ( I get a one year maternity leave ) so I'm getting into the housewife thing. I'm excited about all the cleaning I'm about to do - could that be a sign? At the same time though, I want to enjoy the next three weeks of relaxation before my life changes in a huge way. I'm not in a rush here. I'm also not scared of labour, how weird is that? In a twisted way I'm kind of looking forward to the pain, I want to know what it's like. I'm an oddball I guess, but that's how I'm feeling.

Also, I have a terrible headache that won't go away. Not sure if it's just me or a pregnancy thing.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #74
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiet View Post
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she didn't even check if I'm dilated. My baby has dropped a bit and there is pressure on my pelvis. I have no idea when this is going to happen. I'm 37 weeks as of today.

I stopped working ( I get a one year maternity leave ) so I'm getting into the housewife thing. I'm excited about all the cleaning I'm about to do - could that be a sign? At the same time though, I want to enjoy the next three weeks of relaxation before my life changes in a huge way. I'm not in a rush here. I'm also not scared of labour, how weird is that? In a twisted way I'm kind of looking forward to the pain, I want to know what it's like. I'm an oddball I guess, but that's how I'm feeling.

Also, I have a terrible headache that won't go away. Not sure if it's just me or a pregnancy thing.

WOW!! 1 year of maternity leave? That is great! I am so jealous. I'll have a measely 12 weeks (6 of which are unpaid). The U.S. sux in that way.

Is this your 1st pg? Every woman handles labor differently of course, but with my DD, I didn't think it was that bad. I used the breathing techniques I learned in childbirth class. The contractions felt like bad menstral cramps. Me personally, I ain't looking forward to the pain (it hurt like crazy when her head came out!), but I am ready to see my boy!

Keep an eye on that headache. It's probably nothing, but if it lingers, you may want to follow-up with your doc, just to make sure it's not a sign of preeclampsia or anything.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #75
(female)

honeydiet HB User

How's it going Myloathe? Any baby news?

Well, my blood pressure shot up at my 38 week appointment and I've been on bed rest ever since. It hasn't really gone back down and i'm hoping to get induced this week. There was a bit of protein in my pee last week so I'm actually getting a little concerned about my health. The baby is doing fine though so that's good. I'm due on Wednesday but like I said, maybe I'll get induced anyway.

Let me know how it's going!

Closed Thread