HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   2010 Mommies (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/2010-mommies/)
-   -   feb mommies 2010 - Part 1 (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/2010-mommies/696500-feb-mommies-2010-part-1-a.html)

lucii 06-04-2009 10:54 AM

feb mommies 2010 - Part 1

hiya. just wondering if theres any feb mommies yet? im due the 14th, i got a bfp yesterday@10dpo I have a 16 month old, born jan 09 and my son whos 11 this month
I cant wait and so excited already!
Hope im not alone here lol
lucii xx

TINACB1 06-04-2009 06:49 PM

Re: feb mommies

if i am right about my due date i should be a febuary momma too...........:)

lucii 06-06-2009 01:56 AM

hiya TINACB1, yay im not alone! when do you think you are due? how are you feeling? I have a queesy feeling all day, i did with my daughter at first too though. It still doesnt feel real despite multiple tests!!
lucii x

myloathe 06-15-2009 05:59 PM

Hi Lucii & other Feb mommies!

I also just got my bfp after about 6 months of trying. By my calculations, due date is Feb. 18th. I have a 3yr dd also. She was also planned so I knew I was pg around 4 weeks also. It's gonna be another [I]long[/I] pregnancy, but hopefully not an eventful one :)

My ob doesn't see her patients until around the 12th week so even that'll be a while away. I did go to my primary doc today to get bloodwork done. I developed a thyroid condition about 6 months after dd was born but about 6 months ago, doc took me off of the synthroid. All it did was give me heart palpatations and kept me up in the middle of the night. Doc said I was one of the few that got a temporary thyroid problem. I'm double-checking just to make sure it hasn't resurfaced.

I have been taking the prenatal vitamins though. I bought the Target brand "just like Stuart prenatal" ones. They are easy to swallow and easy on the stomach.

Hopefully, we'll all have uneventful pregnancies. Take care!
-gretchen

lucii 06-16-2009 12:25 AM

hiya myloathe, glad to see you over here :) I was getting quite lonely lol Hopefully your thyroid problem wont resurface again this time.

I went to see midwife on wednesday last week, she booked me in and im just waiting for my 12 week scan date to come through! I cant wait! I have a feeling ill be having a boy this time round, but i dont mind this time what i ahve as long as its healthy.

Hope to speak to you soon, Lucii xx

honeydiet 06-18-2009 01:11 PM

Hi All! I'm due on Feb 17th! This is my first pregnancy. My doctor just scared me about having a miscarriage. I'm trying not to think about it. Trying to be positive. Trying to be calm. Congratulations to all!

myloathe 06-18-2009 04:43 PM

Congrats Honeydiet. You're due a day before me. We have a long wait ahead.
My first symptom, which was the same as first pg, is constipation. I cannot eat enough fresh fruit to help, lol. It was so bad last time doc wrote me a prescription for Miralax. I'm praying it doesn't get this bad this time.

I have to be honest- I'm a little nervous being pg again. I developed about 6 fibroids while I was pg the first time and they caused all sorts of problems (bouts of major pain, preterm labor). The pain I had during labor was actually minor to the pains I had during pg. I'm just praying that my hormones don't have the same effect. Last we checked, I was down to 3 fibroids and 2 of them were calcified (dead).

On a good note, doc said my thyroid levels were perfect. Called the ob to make my first appointment. I'm actually going in at 8 weeks for the u/s and 9 weeks to see the doc. She must've changed up since the last time cause it used to be 12 weeks.

Take care February mommies, and take those vitamins!

honeydiet 06-18-2009 10:45 PM

Have you tried ground flaxseeds? I started taking iron a few years ago and got totally constipated and ground flaxseeds really helped. I put them in my morning smoothie or sprinkle them into something I won't notice them in, like meatsauce, meatloaf, casseroles. Just make sure you drink a lot of water after having them.

lucii 06-19-2009 01:10 AM

hiya honeydiet congrats and welcome! sorry to hear your so scared about m/c. Its hard not to think about it, but just take it easy as possible and hopfully all will be ok :)

myloathe glad to hear those thyroid levels are good. oo as if you get a u/s at 8 weeks, i have to wait till 12-14 weeks for mine! i just want to know all is ok.

just wondering what symptoms everyone has atm?

I got a little worried last night. I went to p and when i wiped there was a little bit of brown blood. i have my daughter in bed so i didnt ring up or go to hospital because i had no one to watch her, and if id woke her to take her i would have been sooo stressed with a grumpy 17 month old! I went straight to bed, and this morn all is ok. If i see it any more i am going to go in though.fingers crossed it was nothing!

lucii xx

honeydiet 06-21-2009 06:34 PM

Hi Lucii,

I've heard that spotting is normal. A friend of mine had that and everything was A okay. She says it's normal.

I just started getting dizzy spells a couple of days ago. Also I find sleeping difficult, I'm always waking up and can't get back to sleep. then I take 5 minute naps all day. Not sure if it's normal.

I hear the first trimester is the worst and then it's great after that.

I have to admit, I am loving my husband's attentiveness!

Amy 333 06-22-2009 09:41 AM

Just wanted to drop a line to wish all the feb mommies happy and healthy pregnancies.
I was a feb 2008 and a feb 2009 mum.......yes i have 2 boys a year apart....it kind of feels nostalgic seeing a feb thread....lol...........
Enjoy every min ladies.

Lucii take care xxx

Amy

natty123 06-22-2009 12:17 PM

Hi Ladies - I will be due around mid to late Feb too. This is my first and we were successful on our last IVF so I am not sure of the exact due dates yet (been ttc for more than 3 years). I go for my first ultrasound in 2 weeks which would be week 7 for me. Symptoms so far are cramps and pressue in my stomach and am really tired some days. I am also terrified of m/c since my last 2 pregnancies were over by week 5 but my HcG levels are way higher this time around so I am trying to stay positive.

lucii 06-23-2009 11:36 AM

hiya natty and welcome :wave:

OMG ive just come back from hospital, had an emergency scan, ALL IS WELL!!!! There was a heartbeat and the scan person said the chanc eof misscarrige now they have seen the h/b is very slim!! it is 4mm big lol tiny little thing!!! and i was right with my dates, still due the 14th feb!
xx

myloathe 06-23-2009 08:08 PM

Congrats and welcome aboard Natty! After 3 yrs of ttc, I know you are really excited.

Lucii, what happened that sent you to the ER for an emergency scan? Thankfully, everything is ok.

I'm starting to feel really weird now. I'm not really feeling symptomatic at all (not even the constipation). I'm almost positive that around this time during my first pg, I had an extreme, hightened sense of smell, was extremely tired, and was just beginning to feel nauseous. Right now, I'm not feeling anything. I hope everything is ok. AF still hasn't come (or no spotting, knock on wood) so I'm assuming I'm still pg but not really sure. I'm not scheduled to go for an u/s until the 2nd week of July.

lucii 06-24-2009 01:31 AM

hiya myloathe, id had some blood when i wiped on the thursday night, some very snotty seeming stuff on the friday day, and i had some pink spotting over the weekend. I was sure it was not good news. I rang up and they get me the appointment for tuesday(yesterday) and thank god everything was fine! Its took a huge weight off my shoulders, im not worried anymore. still think itll be aboy lol

Dont worry about no real syptoms, i dont have any either!
xx