It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #31
(female)

shortstuff07 HB User
Re: Any May 2010 Mommies?

Hello!

Nice to hear from you all! Still naseated at times here, mainly during the late evening hours and at night. Smells really get to me anymore-any smell, good or bad. lol
My next appt is this Friday for a check up. I have appts every 2 weeks b/c I'm considered high risk b/c of my PCOS, hypothyroidism. GL to everyone at their next appts!
DD {Addisyn Sailor} 9/19/08

Baby #4 edd 5/19/10

Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! I am so stressed out. I had a little , not much at all, spotting this morning, I know this is normal, I spotted during my whole pregnancy with my DS but that doesn't make it any less stressful. then with the random aches and pains of the day, I have been up since 4 am so I'm sure being way tired has nothing to do with that (note sarcasm) I was just about ready to haul myself to the ER. But I busted out the ol doppler heart monitor and found my little beans beating heart and I think I'm a little less stressed now. Boy am I glad I didn't sell that after my last pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #33
(female)

shortstuff07 HB User

I'm totally with you on the doppler! So glad I have one! Makes my appts alot less stressful.....like today: THe nurse couldn't pick it up on the doppler in the office, so she sent me to u/s.....there it was, loud and clear! Plus I got another picture of my little baby! I hope the spotting goes away soon. Keep us updated!

Baby #4 edd 5/19/10

Old 10-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

I wish I could get my hands on a doppler, but there is nowhere here where I can get one. I am going to Johannesburg at the end of the months so maybe I can get one there. I would love to hear the h.b everyday.

Has anyone else lost weight? I have lost 1.5kg this week as I cannot eat anything. I am a bit worried b/c with my last pg I gained weight quiet quickly. Even tho I have lost weight my belly is still standing out a tiny bit, I just feel that the baby is so tiny that I should not even have a tummy yet. Oh well I loved my belly with my last pg. Last time I showed early but think it was b/c I was 5kg heavier when I fell pg the last time, than I am now. Sorry for my babbeling.

Lise I hope the spotting goes away soon. Good luck with your appointment.

Shortstuff I hope you appointment went well. I hear you on the smell thing everything seems to get to me.

Charlene

Old 10-31-2009, 05:24 AM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

As of today no spotting, so for that I am thankful. I haven't lost any weight, which amazes me because I was sick sick sick for the first month, it wasn't so bad to the point where I was puking but I was just so nauseous all the time that I wasn't eating much, granted I was doing ensure shakes to keep up the extra nutrients. My m/s has gone away for the most part. It comes and goes mostly at night now, which is fine because we eat pretty early and well its tolerable if I'm laying down.
You know the funny thing about the doppler that i have is that I was renting it when I was pg with my DS and the company went out of business so I just kind of had it laying around.

Namibia, I already have started showing, with every subsequent pregnancy you have you will start to show earlier and earlier. At this point I don't mind. Before my pregnancy I gained about 25 lbs because I had a cyst removed from my tailbone (not comfortable) but my post surgery instructions left me very inactive for over a month (no aerobic activity for 30 days post opp according to my doctor) So being as I'm normally a pretty active on the go kind of person being that stationary was very bad for me. (I couldn't even sit down so i couldn't drive anywhere, I could stand and I could lay down but that was it) Anyway back to the point, lol, since I have that extra weight (I'm slightly overweight to begin with) now I can just blame it on the pregnancy til after I have the baby and can get back to the gym.

Shortstuff,
Glad you got to get another look at your little human! I am so anxious about my next appoint, I'm so glad its Thursday. I don't know how much longer I can wait. With my last pregnancy I had u/s's all the time , my dr loved them. Once I had been diagnosed with gestational diabetes they were doing u/s's like they were going out of style. lol. Just to check to make sure he wasn't getting too big.

Well now I'm babbling, so I should probably go. I hope you all have a great safe weekend ladies!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #36
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Happy Halloween Ladies!
Time to go lay around and have a zombiefest with the DH and the BFF and indulge in popcorn and junk food since I have been so good and not over indulged in anything.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Well I had my ultrascreen today. Baby is lookin good. Growing right on schedule, active really active, and its nuchal fold is normal sized so all good stuff. I hear back from the blood test results on Tuesday. So I'm relieved and this helped my anxiety SO much. appt with my OB on next Friday. I can't believe I'm almost into my 2nd trimester. Yay.

How is everyone else doing?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Where is everyone? I realize there are only like 4 of us so far, but where is everyone? I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #39
(female)

shortstuff07 HB User

I'm here! Just been really busy lately! I go back to the doc this coming Friday. I go every 2 wks b/c of being high risk, with PCOS, hypothyrodism, m/c, and hyperinsulinemia. I'm hoping they won't be able to pick the hb up with the doppler so I'll get another u/s! I listen to the hb daily with my doppler and it is so comforting! Makes my appts lots less stressful! Other than that, I'm making it fine. My nausea has finally eased up some but smells still get to me. I'm always hungry, but nothing ever sounds good! I'm already showing, and my back hurts all the time. What's everyone else's symptoms now? Hope all is well!

Baby #4 edd 5/19/10

Old 11-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

It's so good to hear from you Shortstuff. My nausea has eased up a lot as well. I totally feel ya on being hungry all the time but nothing sounding good. Thats usually the case with me except when it comes to things I shouldn't eat because it gives me the killer heartburn. I have some crazy round ligament pain here and there. I am definitely starting to show being I have 3 other kids this is to be expected.
I hope you have a good appointment on Friday and that they give you an ultrasound. I should be getting my test results back from my ultrascreen either today or tomorrow to find out if there are any signs of abnormalities, I'm "advanced maternal age" so they get to do all that happy genetic testing. The baby looked fine in the ultrasound part so my dr is confident that the tests will all come back normal.
I know what you mean about reassuring with the doppler heart monitor, mine keeps my anxiety at bay and keeps me less stressed out as well.
I have an appt Friday and my dr is going to discuss putting me back on my anxiety meds at that point. She wanted me off them for my first trimester. So we'll see how that goes.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Thanks for responding Shortstuff! Let us know how your appt goes on Friday!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA, it was my DD birthday last week so I have been busy baking and organising parties etc. She also had tonsillitis and an ear infection with a fever of 102, so it was a very hectic week for me.

I had an u/s on Thurs and all is well baby is growing nicely and it very active already. It was so nice to hear the heartbeat again. I have my next appointment 3 Dec. I am still suffering nausea and I hope it goes away soon. I can still not eat much and I am losing more weight. My OB says he is not worried b/c the baby is growing perfectly. I am now 11 weeks. Glad to hear everyone is well. I will try pop in more and stay in touch.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Hi Namibia
Good to hear from you. It sounds like you have been really busy. How is your DD doing? Better I hope.
Glad to hear your little one is doing well. Sorry to hear about the nausea. I hope it clears up soon.
Keep us posted on how you're doing!!!

Take care!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #43
(female)

isaddesign HB User

Im a May mommy
If things go well with genetic testing, he/she will be hear on or around May 10th

Old 11-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #44
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Congrats and keep us posted on how your genetic testing goes. I got my results back today and thank god, everything is all good.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #45
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi Lise glad everything is going well and that all your tests came back fine.

Welcome isaddesign I hope all goes well with the genetic testing.

As for me I am still suffering from m/s actually all day sickness, but i am hoping it will pass soon. I'll be 12 weeks on Monday. I am also suffering from exhaustion and a cold at the moment. I am really not feeling so great and it is hard for me to give my 1 year old attention like I use to. I feel really babd about it. I just hope my energy returns very very soon. I only have another appointment on the 3rd of December so not much to report till then.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and look after yourselves and your beanies.

Charlene

Closed Thread