It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 02:51 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User
Re: May 2010 Moms to be

asidelko, does it start in your back and/or hip area and move down? That could be sciatica, or maybe you've got the start of a varicose vein which are common if you don't wear support hose and stand a lot during your time awake. Those are my guesses anyway. You might want to mention it to your doctor just because they might have a better idea of what it is. I have a couple varicose veins on my legs from my pregnancy with my 9 year old, I was a hostess for most of my pregnancy and the other hostesses wouldn't let me walk or seat people so I was left standing in one place for hours every day.

How is everyone doing?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Where is everybody? More so, how is everybody?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #18
(female)

MollieS HB User

Hi everyone,

I have had that same pain in the back of my legs usually when I am shaving my legs or sleeping. It feels like cramping but then goes away after a little while.

I have a few questions for you other mothers. Has anyone had any swelling yet? I have been wearing high heels to work up until yesterday I wore flats, now I always wear flats outside of work. I noticed last night my ankles have disappeared and it looks like calves just skip my ankles and go straight to my foot. I am only 6 months along is this normal to start this early? What can I do to stop the swelling? I sit all day at work and take breaks to walk around and have been sleeping on my left side like the book says.

Also anyone ever had group B Strep. I was told at my first appt it was there and that they will test for it again later but since its already come up once I will probably have it at time of labor. Should this be anything to worry about cause the doctor said it is only in about 30% of women, and made me a little nervous about what if the baby gets it? Can she get really sick from it?

Just looking for a little insight here.

Mollie

Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Hi MollieS
I haven't had any swelling this time, my last pregnancy with my DS I was swollen from about 2 months on which was interesting to say the least, I didn't have any issues with my blood pressure or anything I was just puffy. Do you drink a lot of water during the day? It may be from dehydration maybe?

I've never had Group B Strep but as far as I know if you do test positive for it before delivery they'll have an antibiotic IV for you ( don't quote me on that though) and not every baby delivered to a woman with group b strep will get it, I actually looked that up.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #20
(female)

MollieS HB User

I have been trying to drink more water. I have slipped a little and had a soda on a couple days but still had my water. How much water do you drink in a day? I have a 1.5 Quart bottle at work I try to finish during my day, then at home all I drink is water. I called my doc she said I have to cut out all processed foods and NO Salt. I am not the best at cooking so I dont know how to cut out processed food and still have something to eat. Everything has sodium in it.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

You know, I have no idea how much water I drink during the day, I know it's nothing for me to go through a 5 gallon jug of water from my cooler in less than a week. I've found that getting salads with chicken or other types of meat in them have a lot less sodium in them if you're eating out. I generally am not a big salt person sans the occasional urge for some uber salty McDonalds fries here and there. I would say to try to avoid fast food burgers, fries, soda has a ton of sodium in it even the diet ones so it's good to avoid those. I know it seems like a pain but try making your lunch for work at home or get nutritional facts for different restaurants, they generally offer them online at websites and just try to find things you like that have less sodium in them. If you're a big salt person get a thing of NuSalt. My DH is a big salt person and I got some for him and he loves it and doesn't miss having real salt on things Let me know if I can help you with some low sodium ideas.
Oh yeah, I don't know if it actually helps or not but my mom always told me to have lemon in my water and something about it helping to reduce swelling. That could be an old wives tale but it sure makes water more interesting as far as taste goes ;-)

Old 02-04-2010, 04:37 AM   #22
(female)

MollieS HB User

My post before i meant 1.5 Liters. Haha 1.5quarts is nothing. Opps. It was late last night. I went to the grocery store last night and got a few items that the sodium content was low on, I mean everything has sodium bread, milk, etc. So really unless you home grow your own stuff you cant really get NO sodium stuff. But I will start to avoid the Fast food places, I do know we tend to slip when our fridge gets empty and will pick up fast food to subsitute going grocery shopping, which is bad!

Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #23
(female)

want2beamama HB User

Just dropping in to check on all the other May 2010 Moms! Our thread was kicked to the 2nd board so I wanted to post and get us up front.

This Friday is 29 weeks for me! I can't believe how close till the baby is here. We are starting to work on the nursery and make a plan for my son who is in the crib. Trying to avoid buying a 2nd crib. We'll keep the baby in a bassinet for a few months. Hopefully he'll be ready for the toddler bed by the time she outgrows the bassinet. Anyone else decorating a nursery? I want pink, but I haven't found a crib set I love yet.

Lots of snow in NJ this winter...expecting a more tonight/tomorrow. I can't wait for the spring weather.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Hi there!!!
Things are going well here. I'm tired A LOT but I suspect that has more to do with the fact that my 2 year old has been making a habit of going to bed and then getting me up between 2 and 3 am and wanting to stay up. It makes me wish he was still in the crib. lol. I have my GD under control with medication. No insulin thank God. It's been snowing like no other here in Ohio. This is one of the snowiest winters we've had in a while. We're supposed to get another 5 to 9 inches between today and tomorrow. crazy crazy stuff.
My doctors changed my due date to 5/18 which isn't by much but knowing the end will be here sooner is a relief. lol. This has been a rough pregnancy, I was so panicked a few weeks ago, I went to my drs appt and she thought I was measuring between 27 and 30 weeks ( I was 25.5 weeks) but she had me go in for another U/S and he is growing right about on schedule , just a little bigger than he should be but not alarmingly so.
Want2beamama, how old is your son? Wow only 11 weeks as of Friday for you!! Friday I'll have 12 weeks left. Can you believe how fast this is going by?

Old 02-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #25
(female)

want2beamama HB User

LiseK-good to hear your GD is under control. Good job!
My son is 16 months now. We aren't sure when he will be ready for the toddler bed. I really don't want to buy another crib, but he never tries to get out of it so I really don't want to take him out too early and just make more "work" for all of us at bedtime. When did you move your son out?

I went to a friend's baby shower today...so much fun to see all the newborn stuff again!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:26 AM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Good Morning Ladies
WOW this thread has been so quiet lately. Everyone must be pretty busy. Me? I'm not, I've been on moderate bed rest since last week. My blood pressure has been all over the map. It's been thrilling. not so much. But I go back to the doctor the day after tomorrow and hopefully everything will be leveled out and I wont have to be put on blood pressure medications or be stuck on this god forsaken bedrest any longer.
Hey we're in our 3rd trimester. (I think all of us are now or are close) It wont be much longer now!! Can you all believe it's already March?
How's everyone feeling? I have been going to bed way earlier (like between 8 and 9) and nap during the day. I think my body is making up for the sleep I wont be getting here soon between my DS and the new baby.
I still don't have a name for this new lil guy. I never thought I'd have a problem naming him. Go figure. It's been a challenge. I hope we actually find a name for him soon. I do have a default name for him but the problem is, it rhymes with our last name so it almost seems mean to do but it's a nice name. How do you ladies feel about names that rhyme?

Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #27
(female)

MollieS HB User

So Friday I took my Gestational diabetes test and I got the call today, my results are in the normal range but high normal. I am at 138 the normal range is 65-139 they said I have to go in two weeks and give them a blood sample to see where I am at. I guess less sugars for me and more fruits and veggies I guess all these different things come as no surprise since I have to have the RH Factor shot, the group B Strep IV at delivery, I had to do the fetal echo cardio ultrasounds since the measurement of the NT scan was high, letís see what else they can throw at meÖ..Somehow the anxiety I had before has not kicked in yet even after all of this.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #28
(female)

MollieS HB User

Oh and rhyming names, they are ok but my husband and his brother have rhyming names and my husband has always gone by a nickname cuase people confuse the two of them, and they have had issue with their SS# and credit scores. Just something to think about....not sure how close you are rhyming the names.

I just re-read that first post and didnt think first and last name rhyming i was thinking rhyming with other siblings. Opps

Last edited by MollieS; 03-02-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

With gestational diabetes, if you have it, I hope you don't, I got diagnosed early because of my previous pregnancy with it, you really need to watch even your natural sugars, it's rough, no fruit juice, I miss juice, I do have a little here and there, the big thing is to eat lots of vegetables and proteins. Whole grains instead of things like white rice or white bread,and to watch the heck out of your carbs. Which has been crazy for me because I love me some carbs. lol. Really it's just knowing how to limit my potato intake more than anything and you'd be surprised at the things that have carbs in them that you'd never think about. It's really not so bad, I've found ways to replace things I really crave with sugar free low carb options.

It's funny I was so worried back a few months when he wasn't moving around so much that now he moves around and in the most uncomfortable ways possible that while it's reassuring I still wonder what I was complaining about. lol.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:45 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi ladies sorry I have been MIA for so long, but so much has been going on here I just do not have energy to get on line. My DD has been sick for over month wirth tonsilitis and then mumps. My pg is going well I am now 27 weeks and going strong. My little 16 month old keeps me very busy during the day.

Wannabe I have no choice but to move my DD into a bed as I need the crib for the baby and she has fallen out of the crib twice already, I just cannot risk her falling out again. I will move her to her new room in April. I did not do a nursery again as my nursery is a neutral colour already (we do not want to know the sex)so I have just made up the other room in Pink and white.

Glad to hear everyone is well. I hope I can get on more.

Charlene

Closed Thread