It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #46
(female)

ivf n progress HB User
Re: May 2010 Moms to be

LiseK, I too am having contractions. I have been told to always keep bladder empty and drink plenty of water to ward them off. You are probably already doing that but thought I might mention it. I have been having braxton hicks since about 24 weeks. I am going to RE today. Can't wait to see the boys. He is not going to like all the swelling I have in my feet and hands tho. Doesn't resolve with putting them up or sleep. Uggg! Hope I don't go into hosp. Will chat later. Take care.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:04 AM   #47
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

You know the sad thing is I pee like every 2 minutes (that's almost literally sometimes) and drink water like it's my job. So I think these contractions are just practice contractions. I went into labor at 34 weeks with my 2 year old and then my MIL showed up at the hospital and it stopped. My joke is that he realized what was out waiting for him and decided it wasn't time after all. lol. So I figure it's just my body getting ready for "the big show" with my other kids minus my 9 year old DS who was not only late but they had to strip my membranes and break my water to get him to come out. lol. I've always went into labor at 37/38 weeks so I figure it's only a matter of week or two if I don't make it to my induction date. I don't think I will.
I hope you have a good appt today and the swelling is just normal. I've had a little swelling but it's not as bad as it has been before. Let us know how things go. I have a non stress test today that I'm getting ready for. Oh joy.

Have a great day!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #48
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi ladies, I have been MIA I just have not had the energy to get online and post. When I do get chance my DD always wants to sit on my lap and play with the laptops keys.

I am feeling uncomfortable the last few days and then this morning I woke up with sausages for fingers and toes, even my face is a bit swollen today. I have also not been feeling so great today...............no energy at all. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and going strong, I had an appointment with my OB on Thursday and everything is fine and on track. He has moved my c-section a day earlier b/c the 25th is a holiday here and he says the theatre staff are not up to standard on holidays. so I am now having my baby on the 24th, that is 4 weeks exactly tomorrow. I am so excited to find out what we are having. I hope my baby does not decide to come early as my OB is away till the 17th and I do not want any other dr delivering my baby.

Looks like everyone is doing well. We are so close to our due dates.

Thinking of you all and I hope I get to post more often.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 AM   #49
(female)

ivf n progress HB User

Well LiseK, my appt went well. He didn't see a problem with the swelling. But then again, he doesn't see me at the end of the day either. When my feet are so big when I flex them they have a crease at the ankles. uggg! Sean, baby A has not turned into position. He is still breech. Connor, baby B has turned with head down. So, we got out c-section date of the 24th. Same day as you Namibia! I am so looking forwards to it. Really, don't think I will make it to 37 weeks and 3 days. I think they will come in the 36th week. I am so big and don't know where to stretch any further. I look 10 1/2 months preggo.

I also pee every few min. I feel as if I will flo like a fountain. Then it may be a few drops. lol. What is your induction date LiseK?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #50
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Hi ladies,
I just got back from my non stress test. Boy those things are so much fun. *yawns* My toddler has decided that he no longer wants to sleep so as you can imagine it's been a fun weekend. 3 hours last night boy am I ready for a nap and of course he took a nice little nap while I was in my nst.

Ivf ~I'm glad your appt went well and your dr wasn't too concerned about the swelling. My feet and hands have been pretty puffy lately even when I drink like 3 gallons of water. lol.

I've had lots of contractions but again nothing that amounts to anything, I have a pelvic tomorrow so hopefully my dr will tell me I'm all kinds of effaced and dilated and to expect this little guy soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Wow you and Namibia have the same C section date. That's crazy. I hope all goes well with your C sections. My induction date isn't until the 5/11 so I'm hoping to go sooner. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. Only 15 more days left. Thank goodness. I like my bathroom but I don't want to live in it. lol

I'll post tomorrow after my drs appt. I am going to try to convince this 2 year old that he needs sleep as badly as I do.
Have a great day ladies!!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #51
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Lise I hope you 2 year old starts sleeping for you soon, I can imagine you must be so exhausted. Your induction will be here before you know it. I hope your contractions stop soon too.

IVF that is so cool having the same c-section date. I hope you make it and the twins do not decide to come early.

I am still swollen and feeling a lot of braxton hick contractions today and to top it off my DD has middle ear infection in both ears and has got such high temps. I did not get much sleep last night so I hope she sleeps tonight.

Thinking of you all.
Charlene

Old 04-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #52
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Hi Ladies!!!
I got some sort of form of sleep last night thank god. apparently building a small nest on the floor near my bed is the answer temporarily.
I don't so much mind as it's not like I have much interest in intimate time with the DH at this point. I wish I was because well I know it'll be a while but fortunately he knows that I still like him lol.
I went to see my dr today and I am dilated to 3 and 70 percent effaced, exciting stuff so you know I might make it to my induction date or I might not, either way it's nice to know all those times I said I was having unproductive contractions weren't actually that unproductive.
I had to have some blood drawn to check for pre eclampsia today which sucks, my bp which has been fine most of the time was 140 over 30 today so that's pretty high for me, I haven't had the classic headaches or swelling that goes along with it so I'm confident that I wont be hearing from my dr telling me that I have to go to labor and delivery today. Fingers crossed anyway.

I hope today finds you all doing great!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #53
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Hey ladies,
Yeah it's me again. lol. I was just wondering if any of you have any good advice or input on how to nicely tell my MIL that I don't want any visitors in the hospital the day I give birth.
Funny enough, it's not cause I dislike my MIL, well I do but it's not the reason I don't want her there that day. I don't want any visitors (the whole hospital stay would be nice aside from my kids but not realistic) that day at all. That's my and my husbands time to bond with our new baby not be bombarded with visitors who want to bond with our new baby. lol. This is the last baby for me and I've just hit the point where I'm not so worried about hurting anyones feelings and really just want this time for my family not the extended family. Does that make me mean?
When I had my 2 year old the drs immediately stole him away to the NICU to test his blood sugar and everything so I didn't even get to see him. All I saw for the first time I saw him was a chubby little baby butt and that was it. 6 hours later they brought him into my hospital room with all these people in there while I felt like hell and they all wanted to pull him out of the hospital bassinet and hold him and I felt like I was being rude , granted that didn't stop me from telling any of them that if they touched him first someone was going to die, lol, but I hated that I even had to say that and that there were like 6 people in my hospital room carrying on like it was social hour or something, ya know? lol
So anyway, anyone have any good advice for me?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 AM   #54
(female)

bossy81 HB User

I'm a 28 year old mom of 2. I had my tubal ligation done 4 years ago. So my partner n I had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago after my cycle went off, so now I'm on a light spotted cycle but it has turned into a full cycle now. Is it a chance that I may be excepting?

Old 04-30-2010, 05:32 AM   #55
(female)

ivf n progress HB User

Hi ladies!

LiseK, I think you should tell everyone before you go into labor that you would not like any company till the next day. Your DH should enforce this also. No, you are not mean, but hormones could have a play in it also. lol! Don't worry about hurting anyone's feelings. This is your delivery and your last baby. It is whatever you want.

Bossy, you are probably not preggo. Take a home test and see for yourself. Don't fret!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #56
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Hi IVF,
Oh I don't think hormones have any sort of play in how I feel about anyone being at the hospital the day I have the baby, I just think that after my last one and the fiasco that was my hospital room that I don't want to deal with that or people being asses. I can understand that they're excited but I think there are lines that shouldn't be crossed or attitudes that should be thrown at someone who just gave birth earlier in the day. Ya know? I've already talked to my DH and he's promised to discuss this with him mom. I don't have anyone that would think about coming to the hospital without calling and seeing if I was up to having visitors which is nice. It's just dealing with intruding, insensitive in laws that it's a pain.
I have been contracting all morning so who knows I may not make it to my induction day. lol. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm so ready to not be pregnant and see this little guy and maybe just maybe get his name figured out.
Yeah I know I must be a slacker for not having a set name for him, I just can't find one I'm in love with and so I found some that I really like, so I'm compiling a list and taking it to the hospital with me and will decide after he's born what he looks like his name should be.
but anywho! I hope everyone is feeling good this week.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #57
(female)

ivf n progress HB User

Well LiseK sounds like you have everything all planned out already. I am having twins so I need all the help I can get. I have 2 sets of in laws and I love them both. I truly have been blessed. This will be my first c-section, so I don't know what to expect on how sore I will be after and the demands of both babies on me. I do plan on breast feeding so I know what one is like. Just a lil scared of the demands of two. I will be renting a industrial strength breast pump to bring in my milk. I am so ready to become a dairy bar instead of a storage container! lol! We have chosen our names already. They are Sean Micheal and Connor James. I too have been having a lot of contractions. I have been told I am dropping. I don't see it but this came from the women at church that I haven't seen in a few weeks.

Guess we n a race to see who will pop first. LOL, I'm not racing anyone. Just kidding with ya. I will be 37 wks and 3 days when they take them anyway. That is full term for twosies!

Well, everyone take care have a good week. Talk more later.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #58
(female)

want2beamama HB User

Well May Mommies I turned out to be an April Mom!!

My beautiful baby girl was born on Thursday, April 29 at 3:10 AM!! She was born 20 minutes after our arrival to the hospital. All natural, no meds, no fluids, they didn't even have time to take blood or hook me up any machines to monitor my contractions and there was NO DOCTOR. We did have 2 wonderful nurses who took great care of us.
I started having a lot of mucus discharge tinged with pink-no blood that Monday and by Wednesday monring it was a lot heavier. I called my doctor on Wednesday to ask them what they thought, my appt was originally scheduled for Friday. They suggested I come in to be checked and I did at about 3:30 that afternoon. My doctor said he saw no blood and I was still only 1 cm dialated which I had been for about 2 weeks. At the time I was not having contractions, but I just "felt" like something was happening. Shortly after leaving the doctor I started to feel slightly crampy, but nothing severe and nothing regular. I went on that afternoon and evening and by about 11:00 the cramps were definitely contractions, but still spaced about 15-20 min apart and not lasting longer than 30 seconds. I called my Mom to come over and stay with DS while DH and I started to get ready for a potential trip to hospital. I called my doctor around 1 AM and described what I was feeling. He thought it was the start of early labor and suggested I might be dehydrated and instructed me to drink water. I explained that I was in a lot of pain and even though he thought the contractions should be lasting longer than 30 seconds he said I could head to hospital to be checked. Since I was just checked that afternoon and told nothing was happening I did wait and drink water and continue to time the contractions. They had quickly jumped to 2-3 minutes apart, but were still only 30 seconds long. We left for hospital at 2:24 AM and arrived in the delivery room at 2:50 AM. I felt as if I had to use the bathroom and was told to undress to get hooked up to machines, be checked, etc. I was in pretty bad pain by now and by the time I undressed and lied on the bed the nurses decided to just "check" where I was...10 cm and the baby was on her way out. One nurse left to call my doctor. I rolled over and my water burst, I then pushed and she was born! It all happened so fast and it was painful, but the pain was so short and then my beautiful baby girl was in my arms!! We stayed in the hospital until Friday afternoon and then came home. We are settling in nicely and her big brother has just been amazing!! I am so lucky and blessed to have such a miracle family.
Best of luck to all the other mommies! I can't wait to read about your babies! Thanks also for all the support and bonding on the board.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #59
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Congrats Want2beamama! I'm so glad to hear everything turned out so good. I hope this message finds you doing well and getting as much sleep as you can

Old 05-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #60
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Congrats wannabe glad all went well and that your baby girl is safely at home with you. All the best.

Closed Thread