It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
Re: October Momma's!

Hotmama, I wanted to reply on my thead but I thought the mods might move the post so I'll post it here. I am sure that this pg is going to go well, especially b/c you are so nauseaus, it is a very good sign. Wishing you a happy and healthy pg.

Charlene

Old 03-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Yes, I thought morning sickness is supposed to be in the morning. Ive been waking up at 1:30am at night emptying all my dinner. I was running to the bathroom just on time before I puke all over the floor.
Ive never been like this with my son. I remember having nausea and vomiting on my 2nd trimester but was only for 2 days. It was a very smooth pregnancy except I was so big like a whale.
Now, not gaining so much weight because Im not eating much and just the thoughts of milk makes me throw up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Yucky. I am finding that if I go to a restaurant, im better off. For some reason trying to cook is killing me. So my poor kids are stuck eating cereal and cold cuts all day because I cant stand to handle food right now, and then we go out to dinner most nights. They are definately not getting propper nutrition right now, but i'm hoping that it's only for a couple more weeks. Maybe your going to have a girl this time around hotmama! My pregnancy so far has just felt way different then the other 3, so I'm determined that I am finally having a little girl. But 4 sons would feel like quite the accomplishment too. lol. Anyway, hope you are feeling better soon.
Melissa

Old 03-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #19
(female)

desigrl HB User

I'm due OCTOBER 1st!!!!!!! That's MY B'DAY!!! I'm going to have a c-section and the Dr. gave me a due date of Sept 29th but i'm going to wait one more day. My 1st daughter was born in December and is a Capricorn, she is such an old soul, this one will be more like me Libra, goofy and a dreamer

Old 03-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #20
(female)

desigrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigrl View Post
I'm due OCTOBER 1st!!!!!!! That's MY B'DAY!!! I'm going to have a c-section and the Dr. gave me a due date of Sept 29th but i'm going to wait one more day. My 1st daughter was born in December and is a Capricorn, she is such an old soul, this one will be more like me Libra, goofy and a dreamer
WOOPS I meant my Dr. given due date is Sept. 30th, not the 29th

Old 03-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Well congratulations! have you ever had a c-section before or is this your first? I've never had one, but for some silly reason, I really am jealous of women who have. It must be nice to just get the whole thing over with rather then have to go through the pain of it all. But then again, I heard that the recovery for c-section vs. traditional birth is a longer. Well, anywho, good luck!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #22
(female)

desigrl HB User

this will be my second c-section...and it sucks!! BAD! I would rather push the baby out...of course with an epidural it shouldn't be that bad. But recovering from my c-section was hell. I was up the next morning after my c-section, walking around with my I.V, and pain med pole the pain, oh the pain...I had my daughter 9 years ago and I still remember everything. I was hunched over for the next week or so, could not sleep and was groggy from the pain meds. You are very lucky! I didn't have a choice so I was hauled into an emergency c-section i'm not looking forward to that part again. The scar is another con, it is so ugly. I am going to purchase the "Belly Bandit" this time, i've heard it helps you stand up staight sooner...I hope it works! Thanks! So you are due in october as well right? If so, congrats to you too! Let's all sail through these months with no problems!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #23
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

I had an emergency c-section with my first. My water broke at 2am, rushed to hospital and I was 2cm dilated. At 12 noon I was still only 4-5cm dilated and the baby's head still not coming down. So it was a (CPD) cephalo-pelvic disproportion meaning my son's head is too big to pass my pelvic bones. He was a big baby, almost 10lbs
I could probably tear my entire cervix and break a bone if we tried to push him out and it could have been traumatic for him as well.

During those time, I never experienced labor pain and my OB thought, it could be because the baby's head isnt really stretching me inside. He was just comfortable where he is. So we decided for csection since all my water is gone. The epidural procedure was swift, my husband was the one who was twitching watching it. The first night after the csection, I couldnt sleep. They up the my fentanyl/dilaudid medication drip to the max but I was still in pain. The next morning, it was better. I got additional pain pills so I was a bit high. Got out of bed and all my contraptions were discontinued. My recovery was 2 weeks and although I had some pain on and off esp when I cough, it wasnt bad at all. Bonus is, your insurance will pay for 5 days stay with we took advantage of and me and my husband slept in the hospital quietly while our son was taken cared of by wonderful nurses in the nursery. Of course, soon as we got home, the little dude starts crying every 2 hours round the clock and I was exhausted.

Im going to have another c-section because of the short interval of pregnancy from my first one and Im actually looking forward to it.

Still nauseaus, not so much vomiting. We will announce my pregnancy to my inlaws by the end of this March before they start suspecting since I was avoiding seeing them this past few weeks

Old 03-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Must be nice! My insurance covered 3 days and 3 nights passed the birthday which was super awesome. BUT........my hospital doesnt believe in taking care of the baby for you! Nope! The baby rooms with you and is completely your responsibility. I wonder if it's because it's a catholic hospital? hmmmmmmm

Old 03-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Got my first ultrasound today! It is quite the adorable little blob I have going on in there. I couldnt quite tell if I think its a girl blob or a boy blob, but quite the cutie just the same. I did find out I am a week further along then we first thought, so my new due date is october 5th. That makes me 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Heart beat was 176 and all looks well.
Melissa

Old 03-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #26
(female)

desigrl HB User

Nice!! My blob at 11 weeks looked just like a peanut! LOL so the doc and I named it "peanut"!!!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

lol. mine didnt look so much like a peanut, more like casper the ghost.......you know, with the big head, little arms and all.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #28
(female)

desigrl HB User

LOL...casper the ghost hehe cute!

Old 03-19-2010, 02:19 AM   #29
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Went in for my regular check up at 11 weeks last wednesday (St.Patrick Day)
At 11weeks they usually listen the fetal heart tones thru Doppler.
My OB tried all angles and can't find the heart tones. She even gave me
an internal exam to tilt my uterus but still no heart tones.

She scared me to death and I was sent to the ultrasound department
for emergency test.
Thru the ultrasound, I saw my baby now with head, hands, feet and body compared to the last u/s we have at 6 wks where it was just a tiny dot.
He/She is moving a lot and the heartbeat is very audible at 171 bpm
Thanks God, everything looks fine. My OB said, my uterus was probably tilted
and sometimes it's hard to locate the best spot for the Doppler

A blessing in disguise, I was given the opportunity to have a
glimpse of my little one Otherwise my next ultrasound will be on 15 weeks.
Amazing transformation. From just a tiny dot at 6 wks to a full fetus at 11 wks.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Congratulations! I had my first ultrasound last week and I was 11 weeks pregnant. My doc never tried to do the dopplar thing, he said that a lot of times they still cant hear it this early. But we did do the trans-vaginal untrasound. I was delighted to see it too.

Closed Thread