It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #31
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User
Re: October Momma's!

Thanks. It was an unnecessary scare and unnecessary test and expense for the insurance as well. But then, it was worth to know everything is okay and having the chance to see the baby again was a plus.

I wonder how my mother did with all of us (7 kids) and she said, she never had any screening test or ultrasound except on her due week when the OB suspects a breech presentation. Her OB visits are for blood pressures, weight and to check for anemia (blood test) or any issues she might have and all of us came out perfect She also goes to the clinic to get free prenatal vitamins.

My vomiting had stopped but I still feel bloated a lot of times. Im crave for salty foods, dipping my cucumber, green apples in salt. I could eat those hot giardeniera (pickled veggies) with rice. It makes heartburn worst.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #32
(female)

desigrl HB User

I do that too! I slice up one or two granny smith apples and sprinkle a bunch of salt on it! SOO GOOD!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Really? Its sweets for me lately. Any sweets. I could just dip my finger in jelly, or eat a doughnut with a cup of cocoa, eat a candy bar while drinking a soda......I know, not healthy at all. And no, I am not really eating like that.....but I will admit, I really really want to!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Had my first bout of heartburn over the last couple of days. I feel like it is way to early for this. The only other pregnancy i had this with was my first son and I didnt get it until I was about 5 months pregnant. Is anyone else getting it this early?
Melissa

Old 03-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #35
(female)

nita_xx HB User

I am due around the 28th of october and have had quite a bit of heartburn already.Its come with my sickness really and i can only sip milk for it as the usual remedies make me feel ill at the moment.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #36
(female)

bristreeter HB User
Exclamation Pregnant with IUD

Well I am pregnant with my 3rd, and am still having mixed feelings about the whole situation as I had a Copper-T IUD in at the time. I AM STILL IN SHOCK to be honest. I was just a few days late for my period, so decided to take a test just to "ease my mind" a bit. Well it definitely didn't ease anything!
I had the IUD removed successfully at 5 weeks and had an ultrasound at 6 weeks to make sure the pregnancy wasn't ectopic. Everything looks good.
I am 9 weeks today. Due October 30th. I am excited for this baby, but am having a really hard time accepting it so far. Mostly, I am tired of sleeping all the time, being constantly nauseated and being a horrible mother to my 2 1/2 and 4 year old boys. I just needed somewhere to vent as I am feeling very overwhelmed! Thanks for listening!! -Bri

Old 03-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Pregnant with IUD

I completely feel what your going through. Number 4 here! I was on the pill, and taking antibiotics. I never knew they could make the effectiveness of the pill not as effective. And I really didnt want anymore children. And yes, this has been hard to accept. I know once he/she comes though, I will love him/her as much as the others. I just didn't expect it and I too, am still in shock over it all. And I'm sure your not being a horrible mother. As far as sleeping and parenting, I found if I made a cozy bed on the couch, and let them get their stuff out and play quietly by me, with cartoons on, they were ok. Sometimes they would cuddle too, which is allways nice. You just cant be afraid to let your living room get messy! Good luck to you.
Melissa

Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #38
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Entering 14 weeks. Nausea is just occasional now. But I'm entering another
really gross stage at least for this pregnancy of mine, I'm super gassy
should I stop eating my veggies? I feel so bad, as I've skipped most of my
prenatal vitamins last month due to nausea and vomiting
and trying to make up on my diet and vitamins. But I can't move without
my stomach releasing unwanted gas ;(

Old 04-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

OMG Hotmama.......I hear you on the gas thing. I dont recall ever going through it like this before. It's so bad it wakes me in the middle of the night if I change positions. I have tried figuring out what I could possibly be eating to cause this but so far I'm at a loss. My son's think it's hillarious, but I find it to be rather unlady like.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I had a 15 week ultrasound today. I wasn't supposed to have one but the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat through doplar so I needed an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. Baby is getting soooooo big! Everything was fine and the heartbeat was 145. Possibly a girl? I have my fingers crossed!

Old 04-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #41
(female)

desigrl HB User

Ok, this time around ALL I want to eat are fruits and veggies, Recently I've been eating cubed organic cucumber and organic cherry tomatoes (also cubed) with a touch of olive oil, good quality balsamic vinegar, some sea salt and freshly cracked pepper! MMMMM soooo good and SOOO healthy...I make a whole lot and divide them in containers that hold 2 cups, I eat it all day long. I've been eating guavas, mangoes, boat loads of raspberries, strawberries and blackberries, carrots, green and red peppers....that's all I crave, I could care less about food...I guzzle down 8-10 bottles of water all day! All the foods listed are organic...my first born is a super healthy eater...I think this one will be just like her! LOL

Old 04-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I'm with you on the fruits. Lately I cant get enough. But it has more to do with sugar. I'm craving ANYTHING sweet! It's terrible. I have even been tempted to spoon it out of the sugar bowl. YUCK! Still, no matter how terrible, it's all I have been craving lately. But I dont give in that much. I have been keeping my meals on the soup and sandwich side of things with a piece of fruit or cup of jello or something for my sugar urge.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #43
(female)

desigrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel30 View Post
I'm with you on the fruits. Lately I cant get enough. But it has more to do with sugar. I'm craving ANYTHING sweet! It's terrible. I have even been tempted to spoon it out of the sugar bowl. YUCK! Still, no matter how terrible, it's all I have been craving lately. But I dont give in that much. I have been keeping my meals on the soup and sandwich side of things with a piece of fruit or cup of jello or something for my sugar urge.
oh, I was a sweet tooth 16 weeks ago!! HAHA but as soon as this baby was as big as a dot I have completely stopped craving sugar...I can't drink soft drinks or juices you buy in the store. I juice anything I can in my Jack Lalane juicer! HAHA the good thing is I haven't gained any weight yet. With my 1st child I gained 50lbs!!!!! I was HUGE! This time i'm aiming for no more than 20lbs I did have sugar cravings with my first one...i would eat or drink anything loaded with sugar. Jello sounds good right about now

Old 04-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #44
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I'm 15 weeks today and I've put on 5 pounds. I'm very pleased with this because I normally gain a TON when pregnant. But aside from the sugar cravings, my appetite isn't out of this world this time so I'm shooting for the 25-30 lbs goal this time around and so far so good! The jack lalane juicer?! HAHAHA! My brother had a thing for infomercials when we were kids and I remember that one! It was like an 80 year old man that was in the peak of physical health because he juiced everything! I haven't heard of that in years though! Thanks for the flashback!
Melissa

Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #45
(female)

desigrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel30 View Post
I'm 15 weeks today and I've put on 5 pounds. I'm very pleased with this because I normally gain a TON when pregnant. But aside from the sugar cravings, my appetite isn't out of this world this time so I'm shooting for the 25-30 lbs goal this time around and so far so good! The jack lalane juicer?! HAHAHA! My brother had a thing for infomercials when we were kids and I remember that one! It was like an 80 year old man that was in the peak of physical health because he juiced everything! I haven't heard of that in years though! Thanks for the flashback!
Melissa
Yes, the Jack Lalane juicer!! HAHAHA it's actually a really good juicer, got a good deal at Bed bath and beyond with the 20%off coupon. No matter what veggies and fruit mixture you throw in, it comes out really tasty, yes it was the really old dude...the last time i saw the infomercial was about 10 years ago, i think. I can't wait to have the baby try some juice!! HAHAHA hopefully he/she likes it!

Last edited by desigrl; 04-13-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Closed Thread