It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #46
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: October Momma's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigrl View Post
Yes, the Jack Lalane juicer!! HAHAHA it's actually a really good juicer, got a good deal at Bed bath and beyond with the 20%off coupon. No matter what veggies and fruit mixture you throw in, it comes out really tasty, yes it was the really old dude...the last time i saw the infomercial was about 10 years ago, i think. I can't wait to have the baby try some juice!! HAHAHA hopefully he/she likes it!

Do you remember when they put the carrots and the ice through and made carrot smoothies? That had to be the best infomercial ever!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #47
(female)

desigrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel30 View Post
Do you remember when they put the carrots and the ice through and made carrot smoothies? That had to be the best infomercial ever!
Oh, no, I missed that part...I will have to try that...i'm sure it's in the booklet the juicer came with but I have never looked at it. Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #48
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

16 weeks tomorrow! I had an interesting development today. I felt the baby kick! Not just flutters.....I actually had my hand on my stomach and was able to feel it with my hand. And since, all afternoon, I have felt baby moving. It was really exciting! Anyone else feeling anything yet?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:01 AM   #49
(female)

desigrl HB User

17th week here...i haven't felt a thing and haven't gained weight...morning sickness and tiredness completely gone...is there a baby in my belly? I keep forgetting...i see my doctor today...i THINK they do the ultrasound to see the baby's sex today...I could be wrong.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 AM   #50
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I'm so jealous! i dont get to see the gender of my baby for weeks yet, and to the best of my knowledge, I dont even have an ultrasound scheduled for my next appt. in 3 weeks. However, I had gained about 5 pounds, but I have been cleaning out my yard and house for the spring and I lost 3 pounds. Yikes I think I may be overdoing it a bit. I didn't want to gain a bunch of weight, but I'm not so sure it's good for me to lose weight either. So I am going to take it easy for a few days. As far as forgetting you are pregnant, up until yesterday, I had to keep looking at my ultrasound pictures from last week to remind myself there is a baby in there.

Last edited by justmel30; 04-19-2010 at 05:09 AM.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #51
(female)

desigrl HB User

well, my ultrasound is next month...my doctor said I lost 1lb and kept asking me If i was eating...i don't know what the big deal is...she wants me to gain 2lbs when she sees me next month. I know i'm eating healthy foods and I know the baby is getting everything it needs...what is the big fuss about gaining weight?

Old 04-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #52
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I have no idea. As long as the baby is getting enough and growing well, I would think everything should be ok. I lossed weight this week because I was doing yard work. I have officially only gained 2 pounds. My ob hasn't said anything to me about it so I would imagine I'm doing just fine. I am so much more active this pregnancy then I was during the others. Between 3 kids and the fact that it's spring, Im on the go all the time so I think that's what's keeping the pounds off this time. All my other pregnancies were over the winter and I'm a little slower in the winter. Also, I just dont feel hungry this time. The other three times I felt like I was starving all day, every day. This time, I have to remind myself to eat. I'm hoping this continues and I dont all of a sudden start packing it on! lol

Old 04-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #53
(female)

desigrl HB User

Me too! I was in lazy mode with my daughter and didn't want to do much...but I ate EVERYTHING! I hate McDonalds but with my daughter I used to gobble 20 piece nuggets and large fries! Eeeww! Like you said, this time I'm not hungry and have to remind myself to eat, the doc told me to eat lots of cheese...and I don't like cheese I think what has helped me not gain weight is because i'm back in school...of course the Spring semester is almost over...i'll have more time at home once it's over. But I have a mantra "i will NOT gain a ton of weight this time...I will NOT gain a ton of weight...etc" heeheeheeheeheehee

Old 04-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #54
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User
Smile Re: October Momma's!

I'm having a girl !!!! 

I had an amniocentesis done last week and preliminary result came so fast
next day. Genetic hormones normal and sex hormone is a girl.

It was hard to see anything in the U/S since it was only 16 wks but
amniotic fluid test results revealed the gender. It was a 60 seconds procedure
and it didn't really hurt. I had cramps when the needle was in
but it was quick and I was couch potato for 48 hrs with
doctors permission. Hubby stayed home to take care of
my son since Im not allowed to lift him or do strenous activity.

I'm 17 weeks now and start feeling butterfly movements
in my belly. They say you will feel the movement earlier with
second pregnancy which is true. I was 22 wks when I felt
butterflies with my first pregnancy.

We are so happy! We really wanted a girl since we
have our son already.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #55
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Congratulations on your healthy baby girl! After 3 boys, I'm hopeful for a girl, but still half expecting another boy. My family all wants another boy and seems to think I'm silly for wanting a girl so bad. But I cant help it! lol.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #56
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

@ JustMel30--- thank you. I won't mind having another boy if I'm planning of having more kids but this is it for us. I'm not young anymore.
I love my son, he's very cuddling and full of fun and everyones telling me girls are more difficult to handle than boys but someone gotta inherit my jewelries and bags right? Just kidding! I love having both. I wouldn't mind having another boy or just 2 boys but my son having a sister is even great!

On the downside, my son has sooo many clothes and toys and though I could reuse some of the pajamas but not the polos, means I have to buy new clothes for my little girl and sell or donate my sons clothings.
I have boxes of 0-3, 3-6, 6-12, 12-18 months clothes for my son.
He's my first born and I got overboard, I never thought I would get pregnant again so easily after having such a difficult time conceiving with my first.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #57
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

As far as the clothes go, take a good look at all of them first. You can reuse things like jeans and neutral colored shirts. Just make sure you put a bow in her hair so nobody gets confused.This is my last and this is how I figured I would handle it if I end up having a girl. I will still have a ton to get rid of, but picking through it and keeping some is better then buying it all over again. Especially when I am well aware of how fast they grow out of everything. Its funny because my last one was supposed to be my last so here I am with a very unexpected surprise. After 3 boys, I think my family just doesn't see any reason to "break tradition." And yet, after three son's whom I love with all my heart......I am ready for a change! lol.

Last edited by justmel30; 04-26-2010 at 07:32 AM.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #58
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Ok, I'm 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow! YIKES! I think I would be a little more "settled" if it werent for the fact that my youngest isn't even two yet.....so this time.....I remember how much the whole "birthing process" hurts. I really dont want to go through this again. If only I could pay the stork a little extra to just drop my latest bundle of joy on the front porch. That would be a very agreeable alternative for me. Anyway, I find out in a little over a week what I'm going to have. I took one of those gender prediction tests, well, actually I have taken 4, and I have gotten very confusing results. According to the test, I'm having a he/she! lol. So it's still completely up in the air. I thought for sure it was a girl, but as of the last week, I have no idea. With my other 3, I knew right from day one, but this time, I'm a little hesitant. Perhaps it's because I have three boys. Maybe the thought of a girl, even though I felt like it was, is just too much for my brain to wrap itself around. On the other hand, maybe I just wanted a girl so bad that I convinced myself it was. So you see, I have no clue? Anyone else who knew it was before the ultrasound? Or anyone who thought for sure it was one, and turned out to be wrong?
Melissa

Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #59
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Wow, I am now 30 weeks and my baby girl has been kicking me left and right. I never really felt what braxton hicks contractions before with my first and I had to go thru stress test to find out if my son was kicking.

With this 2nd pregnancy, wow, Ive been having this so called false contractions as early as 26 weeks, my belly gets really hard and it is sometimes uncomfortable and felt like it presses my bladder.

I will be on every 2 weeks OB check up now starting next week
So far so good, will start shopping for girly stuff soon

Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #60
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Hotmomma,I hate braxton hicks contractions! I swear they get worse with every pregnancy. I remember with my second was the first time I felt them too, but it just felt like the floor would drop out from underneath me or something. Now, with my fourth, sometimes they feel just like the real thing! 30 weeks pregnant here too and still waiting for the baby Boston to turn. Good luck!

Closed Thread