It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #61
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: October Momma's!

31 weeks pregnant in the morning! I finally enlisted some help around here because I just cant seem to keep up with all of the work anymore! So there is much more rest and relaxation going on. I figured I better enjoy this last little bit of time before my whole world gets turned upsidedown and sleep is but a distant memory............not that I get much of it now! 9 weeks to go and I'm starting to get a little anxious about the whole thing. At first I was in shock to find out I was pregnant, and then I just kind of put it on the back burner. Now, with each day and every little jab and kick, I know what's comming and I'm both excited, as well as a little scared. I really hate giving birth! But I'm hoping the baby turns before then and all goes well. Hope all you other mommy's to be out there are having a wonderful first day of August!
Melissa

Old 08-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #62
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I cant believe on Monday I will be 34 weeks along. I go in for an ultrasound to see if the baby has turned yet.....FINGERS CROSSED! Yesterday, my mother and I put the nursery together and it is sooooo beautiful! I'm really starting to get excited now........AND FAT!!!! OMG! I am putting on weight all of a sudden, left and right! lol. Oh well, happy mothers are fat right? There is allways time to lose it afterward and at this point, knowing this is my very last baby, I could care less. I just cant wait to meet him!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #63
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Wow, Im also on my 34th week now and I cant wait to pop my little guest out. It's getting so heavy and when I look at the mirror,I dont seem to recognize myself anymore. My back and hips hurts a lot. My mother inlaw gave me a prenatal massage gift card which I used right away. The woman who gave me the massage was worthless. She basically just run her fingers on my body, I really wanted her to dig into my muscles. But I guess, thats how prenatal massages are done. It wasnt worth it for $85/hour.

We painted the nursery room an old rose brownish pink since it was all blue before. I moved my son to our guest room and decorated it with a toddler friendly furnitures and decors. Decorating 2 rooms at the same time, I was exhausted.

On top of that, I get easily winded. I think Im having another big baby. My son was almost 10lbs when he was born and I ended up with an unplanned csection because he wasnt coming down and I wasnt dilating.

My bladder is probably collapsed by now. It seems I go to the bathroom 10 minutes soon after I drink fluids. People ask if Im due soon and they cant believe that I still have 6 weeks to go....
Oh, the look in their eyes.

Last edited by hotmama08; 08-23-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: grammar

Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #64
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Hotmama, I wind easily too lately. I have a hard time even getting dressed. Good news however, the baby has finally flipped........so no c-section for me! I am very thankful for this. I painted my nursery green, and its all baby jungle stuff. I was getting tired of blue rooms....lol......so I figured green was the next best thing. I hope everything continues to go well for you!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #65
(female)

desigrl HB User

Good for you...i'm sure you are more than relieved about not having a c-section. I have 4 weeks to go...and I've gained 11lbs so far...so i'm not miserable at all...This pregnancy is so different from my first one...it's crazy! How do you go from gaining 50lbs the first time to a measly 11lbs? The good thing is I haven't had to buy maternity clothes!! YAY! I just bought a bunch of dresses from Ann Taylor Loft and they have been super comfy...and cute...
I don't like milk so the doc told me to eat lots of ice-cream and milkshakes...poor me, right? LOL I've been hitting Coldstone creamery every other day! I just buy their pints and bring it home. YUM!
My 9 almost 10 year old daughter is SO excited to meet baby Ella, she can't wait! Poor thing has been an only child for a long time, so now she will have a little toy to play with...LOL
Your baby nursery sounds cute...I stuck with pink! The crib has 'stuff' in it...i didn't want to put the baby bedding in yet, i don't want dust collecting on it since I have 4 weeks to go...so, for now it's storage for baby stuff...LOL tell me what you think, i made the valance and re-upholstered the glider...It took forever to do this room!
IMG_0242.jpg IMG_0252.jpg

Last edited by desigrl; 08-24-2010 at 06:42 AM.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #66
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Desigirl, I LOVE IT!!!! And it's more of a cotton candy pink then a barbi pink which in my opinion is a much softer to look at choice. The only thing you may want to rethink somewhere down the line.....and I only bring it up because I just went through it with my two year old, is the lamp on the dresser. For now, it's fine, but once they start crawling and what have you, mine thought it was really funny to push on his dressor and make the lamp shake. He shook and shook the dressor until the lamp fell off and broke into a million pieces. I had no idea because he was SUPPOSED to be taking a nap! lol. Anyway, we live and learn right? lol. I cant believe you redid the chair! It looks so good! I'm not talented like that. And 11 pounds for a weight gain isn't bad at all! I'm sure it's all baby. For me, about 5 weeks ago, I had still only put on about 14 pounds. Then all at once I just started to swell like a balloon. Yesterday at the doc's they said I have officially gained 30 pounds all together! YIKES! But they said it looked like a lot of water weight, that my legs are really puffy.....so no more salt. I ate fresh fruit and yogurt for the rest of the day, and today, I'm allready 2 pounds less. I'm hoping this continues to work because I feel swollen all over. And there will definately be no more icecream for me! lol. Lucky girl! Glad to here everything is going great!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #67
(female)

desigrl HB User

Thanks!!! I will have to move a lot of stuff once she starts crawling, that's for sure! LOL I haven't anchored the two sshelves on either side of the crib either...i figure I have time...but the minute she starts moving around on her own everything will need an anchor! hahaha 30lbs isn't bad at all...you'll lose it since it mostly water weight.
I remember when my daughter started crawling...I was on the computer one minute she was playing with my feet and the next minute she was looking at me with a grossed out look...she ATE a ladybug!!!! She found it on the floor and decided to eat it! Poor thing! I will never forget the look on her face...she had spat it out and it was just hanging out on her chin!!! Of course, since then, she has never put anything in her mouth...even if she saw candy on the floor she would not touch it. I can only imagine how the ladybug tasted! BLEK!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #68
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

That is so funny about the lady bug! I had my second son outside one day when he was about 2 and he was playing off by himself. He started screaming but his back was turned to me. I went running over to see what was wrong and when he turned around, he had half of a june beetle sticking out of his mouth. He had eaten the other half! EWWWW! He too didn't put things in his mouth anymore! lol.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #69
(female)

desigrl HB User

HAHAHAHA!!! I guess it's good in a way...they learned not to put stuff in their mouth at an early age. It WAS funny...we still laugh about it...of course my daughter doesn't appreciate it too much! HAHAHAHA

Closed Thread