It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
(female)

mm juicys girl HB User
Exclamation Re: July Mommies II

*i really feel, err, idk, i didnt think to check if a new thread was made* i kept going back to the old thread, but there wasnt any new posts i feel slightly dumb now...

anyway, we moved to Oregon now and i dont have any health insurance, im applying for state medical but they said it would takes weeks to a month that's kind of cutting it reeeeally close...

for now i am getting free OB appointments from the health district clinic, but the dr there is so impersonal.. i have seen him 2 times and both times he has measured my uterus, listened long enough to hear the babys heartbeat and then says hell see me in 2 weeks... i should have started weekly visits by the first visit i had with him... im not "due" til july 25th, but im still measuring ahead and have been having other complications.. my last OB said the baby would be fine anytime after July 5th

so far its been planned to have a regular birth, but now my husband and i are thinking of a c-section, with torn back muscles and severely loose joints, among so many other things, we're starting to think it might be best.. if we do a c-section, planned, we want to try to do it afew weeks before the due date because of complications and to prevent emergency c-section, hes expected to come early... but idk what to do.. we'd like to schedule it for July 8th, it would be the same day as his grandpas birthday.. and has other date significance to us, otherwise july 16th.. but not sure what to do or if we can

Opinions?? advice??

Its our first baby, we are naming him Andrew Skyler.. and we're both excited, but as thins get closer we are wondering if a c-section would be better an if we should do a planned c-section.. i dont think the dr would care either way hed probably just say ok whichever way, he doesnt seem very 'into' the appointments, but i cant switch drs because i dont have any insurance and he the only dr at the free clinic..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User
Re: July Mommies II

I don't have a lot of time to respond, but just know that if you elect for a cesarean it will not be scheduled a few weeks prior to your due date... they will schedule it at 39 weeks because they need to make sure that the baby's lungs and everything are given ample time to develop.

I am due one week later than you but do not start weekly visits until 36 weeks so I'm not sure if you're new doctor starts them earlier or not... but two weeks seems standard at this point in our pregnancies.

With my last pregnancy I had complications too and measured four weeks ahead and was diagnosed with too much amniotic fluid... plus I have two herniated discs in my back... they never talked of moving my delivery date, but I did go into labor at 38 weeks and had a cesarean. All turned out to be fine, thankfully. I was told I will probably go early on this pregnancy too, but they are sticking to the 39 week surgery.

I know the transition is difficult with a new doctor, lack of insurance, big move, etc... but keep as much positive things as you can. Good luck with the end of your pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm juicys girl View Post
*i really feel, err, idk, i didnt think to check if a new thread was made* i kept going back to the old thread, but there wasnt any new posts i feel slightly dumb now...

anyway, we moved to Oregon now and i dont have any health insurance, im applying for state medical but they said it would takes weeks to a month that's kind of cutting it reeeeally close...

for now i am getting free OB appointments from the health district clinic, but the dr there is so impersonal.. i have seen him 2 times and both times he has measured my uterus, listened long enough to hear the babys heartbeat and then says hell see me in 2 weeks... i should have started weekly visits by the first visit i had with him... im not "due" til july 25th, but im still measuring ahead and have been having other complications.. my last OB said the baby would be fine anytime after July 5th

so far its been planned to have a regular birth, but now my husband and i are thinking of a c-section, with torn back muscles and severely loose joints, among so many other things, we're starting to think it might be best.. if we do a c-section, planned, we want to try to do it afew weeks before the due date because of complications and to prevent emergency c-section, hes expected to come early... but idk what to do.. we'd like to schedule it for July 8th, it would be the same day as his grandpas birthday.. and has other date significance to us, otherwise july 16th.. but not sure what to do or if we can

Opinions?? advice??

Its our first baby, we are naming him Andrew Skyler.. and we're both excited, but as thins get closer we are wondering if a c-section would be better an if we should do a planned c-section.. i dont think the dr would care either way hed probably just say ok whichever way, he doesnt seem very 'into' the appointments, but i cant switch drs because i dont have any insurance and he the only dr at the free clinic..

Old 06-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
(female)

mm juicys girl HB User
Post Re: July Mommies II

thanks liloulou, i actually talked to the lady today who runs the prenatal clinic, and she said that it is possible a ceasarean is going to be needed and if we wanted to plan one instead of possibly having a emergency one if it was needed, we could do that and that we would talk about it more next week. She said that they prefer to do scheduled ceasareans 7-10 days before the due date and that it would be the same for my pregnancy, so the 16th is possible if we decide to do teh scheduled ceasarean and he doesnt try to comeout before then, and there is an opening in the OR that day.. so maybe baby and daddy will have same bday, that will be kind of cool...

rightnow i have to pay attention to my fevers, everyone i live with is sick and has a fever over 101F, ive had one up to 99 but havent went over 100 yet, they are all cold and hiding under blankets in hot sunny weather an im warm in a room with 3 fans on, so either i dont have it or its just kind of doing oppisite reastions to my system, either way im still trying to pay attention to things. im trying to stay positive with all the chaos, im normally very highly stressed over everything but my head has been hurting sooo much so im just trying to relax and deal with things calmly cause thinking about it all makes my head hurt more...

anyway, so we may end up doing a planned ceasarean depends how next weeks visit goes an what happens from now til the time for it all.

-------------

liloulou, i know what you mean about being up all night with pillows and peeing an moving an hips hurting... im glad theres only afew weeks left and not months left!
--------------

CBB, good luck with the multiples! they thaught i may have ended up with more than one, but not this time, i hope you make it to 36 weeks!
------------------

froggie, im getting tired of being big and unable to move easily too, picking stuff up really sucks... ill be glad when i can pick up cloths off the floor without thinking i might fall over, or reach the floor easily at all!...
---------------

Good luck to everyone else!!! hopefully everyone has a safe delivery, not tooo long til this part is over and we can all hold our little ones and think "that was a long journey but worth it!" i know im excited for it...

Old 06-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User

Well, I got my c section sceduled for July 14... 3 weeks away. I'm getting nervous. If I make it til then. Baby girl is measuring 6 1/2 lbs right now and we saw a ton of hair... no wonder heartburn is kicking my butt.

Good luck out there ladies... we don't have much longer, and I can't wait to hear all your birth stories!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User

mm juicys girl- glad to hear there is an opening and 7-10 days sounds about right. Mine is scheduled 7 days before due date. All I meant, was that it won't be weeks before your due date. Good luck deciding if you want to elect a csection. Just know you'll need help for a few weeks afterwards because the recovery sucks... no way around it, it sucks. But electing for a csection might ease your fears and worries about labor and having to have an emergency one so... it's always a tough call because you know the baby's coming out one way or another. Stay healthy with all of the sickies around you right now.

simplyheather- woohoo... you're date is approaching. Good luck. And it's funny because I recently had an u/s and the doctor did it and said he could see hair too...I didn't think they could actually see that. The heartburn for me is back too now...haha

Old 06-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #21
(female)

froggie83 HB User

heartburn is kicking mu butt
braxton hicks are keeping me awake at night (or waking me up)
my size is decreasing my comfort.
and i hopefully have 2 and a half weeks left! dr said she will check for dilation on tuesday and 'give me her educated guess' of when babys going to come so i hope that it won't be long now!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #22
(female)

mm juicys girl HB User
Thumbs up Re: July Mommies II

well people seem to be getting better so hopefully everyone is getting over whatever they had, my hubby didnt have a temp over 99 all day yesterday so thats good

ive been having issues with sitting up, ive had to lay on my sides switching every so often cause my ribs have hurt so much an if i sit up more than a couple minutes, the baby kicks so much i have to lay back down, but i cant lay on my back or in a slightly sitting position i have to be propped on my sides.. kinda sucks..

My father in laws bday is the 8th of july an we are suppose to go camping at Crater Lake, thats gonna be fun.. if i opt for the c section it will be the week before the c section wil be done, if i decide to not and go with the plan we had, hes due the 25th but could come whenever as everyone knows we dont get to exactly choose usually.. lol... im alittle nervous about going camping but i really want to an we are taking two cars incase my husband an i need to come home, were also thinking that a air mattress in the back of the SuV would be easier than getting up from the ground out of a tent, at least i think so.. either way we are making sure we are getting a place next to the bathrooms and we'll know the way to the nearest hospital just in case.. any one have any tips on camping that late in a pregnancy?? i know its not usually recommended, but its the only time we can an so were just trying to go prepared, and take precautions.. plus we both love the outdoors so hopefullly its just a nice relaxing trip that goes well..

Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Hi ladies!

We're all in the final countdown here. I had a high risk appt today and the doctor said it is time now to deliver the babies. he said for identical twins the optimal time is between 37-38 weeks, so any time after this Monday and before the following Monday. I am having a hard time scheduling the csection because my OB's office moved today and they don't have phones working so if you call no one answers and you have to leave a message. When they called me back the girl didn't understand what i was trying to tell her and she kept insisting my csection was still on for july 7th and i kept trying to explain that that day is too far out and into the 38th week and it needs to be this coming week. Talk about dense! of all weeks for the office to move! So i am still awaiting a call back from the woman who usually schedules the surgery so i can get the date. According to the u/s today, my placenta is showing signs of aging, which is perfectly normal when two babies are sharing one. They are estimating weights of 5lbs 14ozs and 6lbs 3ozs so that makes me very happy. I want some big babies. Here's hoping they are close to that big when born. I'll post when I have the official date, but it sold be between June 29th and July 2nd.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:01 AM   #24
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User

CBB- sorry to hear about the move and scheduling annoyances... geesh. But hopefully it'll all work out well. And the baby's size is so encouraging. That's great!

Juicys- not sure about the camping, but just try to be as comfortable as possible and it sounds like you're planning for the "just in case"... I'll bet the nature and clean air will make you feel great. Enjoy it!

I'm on my first official bedrest day- although I suppose I should have started yesterday; I just had to clean up my desk and get all of the work to bring home, home. So, I'm working from home today and trying to relax as much as possible. The contractions stopped last night so that's good.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

OK ladies - c-section scheduled for July 2nd at 8:30am. Have to do my pre-admission b/w on Wednesday and have 2 more appts with the high risk doctor before then but I am ready. I will be 37w4d and so anxious to meet my little girls. Wish me luck!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #26
(female)

froggie83 HB User

its getting closer!!!!
I went to the dr yesterday for my 38 wk appt, and i am 1+ cm dilated, baby is at -1 station, head down, cervics is soft and dr says anyday now! i have an appt scheduled for july 6 but doc does not think that i will need it.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to update you on the birth of my twins yesterday. Allison Wynne and Katelyn Grace were both born at 9:15am by c-section. Allison weighed a whopping 6lbs 15ozs and was 19" long. Katelyn weighed 6lbs 6ozs and was 17.5" long. Both are doing well. No NICU this time!

I am doing well too. No blood transfusion for me this time. I am sore of course but tomorrow I get to have a shower and refresh myself.

Today my family has been truly blessed.

I hope everyone is doing well as they prepare for delivery time. Best of luck to you all!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #28
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User

I just wanted to write that I'm sooo excited! This is our month and the baby stories coming are great!

Congratulations CBB- so happy for two healthy girls for you!

Froggie- sounds like you're around the corner... so exciting!

Depending on the results of my 24 hr urine collection and my blood work results, I might have a cesarean on Thursday or Friday. In my gut though, I don't think the results will come back negatively and I'll just sit put for another week or so until the scheduled csection date. We'll see...

Old 07-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #29
(female)

froggie83 HB User

uuuggghhhhh i am still pregnant! i thought for sure that i would of gone ahead and had my baby already but he is still baking. and i don't even feel like i am about to start labor. doc is going to do a nst on tuesday afternoon and hopefully induce me then. i am tired of playing the waiting game. 2 weeks ago doc said i could have the baby anyday and here we are overdue and still waiting.
please pray for baby to come!

Old 07-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #30
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User

Update: Baby Sonia arrived on July 8th. I went in to drop off the 24 hour urine sample and ended up having many contractions, was hooked up to the monitor and indeed they got stronger and timed closer. Four hours later, I delivered my little girl by cesarean. Luckily the doctor on call that day was the doctor I had originally scheduled my csection with for the 22nd.
Baby Sonia is adorable and healthy despite being born three weeks early.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Closed Thread