It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 04:14 AM   #31
(female)

Khandii HB User
Re: April First trimester up to 13 weeks

how far along are you now plang? I know around 10 weeks your numbers aren't doubleing every 2 days anymore so that could be why they aren't as bothersome or you are just used to it now, lol. I know what you mean about the itchyness, mine aren't too bad now but I remember them being bad the last time.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #32
(female)

plang HB User

Khandii, I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. I figure I'm just getting used to them now. I wish my head we get used to them though! The migraines are still quite disorienting! I actually had a good weekend though, not much of a migraine, not until about 8pm. Guess I was lucky!
My hands have gotten so bad with the itching. After my shower this morning I was flaking! All over my hands. I've been moisturizing every 10 minutes today!

How are you feeling lately? Feeling a little more secure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #33
(female)

Khandii HB User

I don't think I will ever feel secure, I am just trying not to think about it much. Work is keeping really busy so that's good.

I have been feeling so sick since last friday.

I have noticed that my hands seem more dry as well lately, weird

Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #34
(female)

plang HB User

Yeah, it's so hard to keep the mind off it though! Every little pull or little spec of brown blood and I freak out. I'll go for two - four days without any brown blood, then have a little bit, then nothing for a few more days. I'm just freaked out.
Felt SO sick today that I took the day off work. I haven't been sick yet, but I felt close a couple of times.
I just can't wait for my appointment on the 19th. I wish it were sooner!

Ahh I'm not alone in the dry hands! Are yours itchy too? Like, scratch your skin off itchy?! I moisturize about 50 times a day, but still itchy!

I'm glad things are going well for you so far. I've got you in my prayers. It'll be nice to go through this pregnancy with you!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:00 AM   #35
(female)

Khandii HB User

Yeah I would be really freaking out if I had brown blood. Everytime I have had that it alread led me to miscarriage. You are lucky that everything is ok though.

My feet hands and legs have been itchy and I am so warm I have to sleep only in my underwear otherwise, I am burning hot.

Yesterday I was really not feeling well either, I swear if I went and sat at the toilet i would have been sick for sure.

My husband just lost his job on monday, so I have been a little stressed out. i am trying not to worry about it but it's scary.

Also my appointment is on monday so I am praying for good news.

How are you feeling today?

Old 04-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #36
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Hi girls. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I hope it doesn't continue every day like it's been. The itchiness you both are getting is interesting to me as well, I haven't heard of that before so it's interesting that you're both getting it so strongly! Khandii I'm also sorry about your husband's job. I'm worried as well financially because I work in a school and since school ends in June, and if we move, I wont be able to start another job up just for a few months. So I will lose a few months of money. Its scary when there's a baby coming and things like that happen.

I've been a little paranoid lately (over many things) but especially because I haven't really been getting many pregnancy symptoms this last 5-6 days or so. I still have breast tenderness, but really not much dizziness anymore or anything like I was getting. It sounds weird, but I'd rather have obvious symptoms because than I think I would feel more at-ease that things are progressing. At this point, I keep having this recurring fear that this pregnancy will just "disappear" without me knowing it. I actually sobbed last night out of nowhere to my husband about it who didn't really know what to say and told me I was worrying for no reason.

Does anybody else feel like it is constant worry? I always thought I would feel wonderful during pregnancy and that it would be my happiest time and I know I am still so early but I have just been so anxious and preoccupied lately with the not-knowing. Hopefully once I get to my first appointment (in a month!) I will feel better. I'm a school psychologist and my job revolves around kids with disabilities and sometimes i think that has a lot to do with why I worry so much now that I found out I'm pregnant.

This morning coming into work I felt a little wet down there and of course I couldn't concentrate on any conversation I was having because I was just thinking of getting to the bathroom and seeing blood. In the end it was just clear/white discharge (I've been getting a lot of that lately, is that normal?). But this is how I've been feeling quite often! Ugh! I really can't talk about it to anyone since no one really knows so I'm just driving myself crazy for now being so nervous every day. I can't wait to get to the point where you both are at and beyond where I can actually see proof of a developing pregnancy because these early stages are really making me nervous.

Last edited by lady346; 04-28-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #37
(female)

plang HB User

Hi Lady, I know exactly how you're feeling! Some days my symptoms are few and far between. My boobs aren't nearly as sore as they were in the last few weeks. I'm not as sick to my stomach. But this comes in waves, some times I'll be doubled over sick, other times it'll be fine. (People say that eating a little something will usually help, nope, makes mine worse!)
And, the worst part of all, I'm still having the occassional streek of brown blood. One day I'll have a little bit, then for three days nothing. Just when I think it's done, I get more. VERY upsetting!

I think, we all just need to take a step back, take a big, deep breath and try to relax. I know, I know, it's much easier said than done. I keep telling myself, One day at a time.
I keep picturing myself making the big announcement in a couple of weeks, but then I have to pull myself back and say it over and over again, one day at a time.

And yes, I feel that way too, with the wetness. Especially because I've had brown blood, I panic every time!

I know things are looking a little rough right now, with moving and your job, but things will always work out for the best. Just one day at a time! Plan for the big change, put some money aside now for when you're ready for buying the big things for the little one. Again, I know it's easier said than done. (saving money for us is pretty much impossible, 1st year in our new house has proven to be very expensive!)

Keep us posted. We're here if you need to chat!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #38
(female)

plang HB User

Khandii,
Yeah, my doctor said it was normal to have some brown blood. Said that if it became pink or red though to head to the ER. And it comes and goes, one day I'll have a little bit, just once, then three days later I'll have more. Usually it's when I'm up and about doing things. Like this weekend I had a big cake to do/deliver and Monday I had some brown blood. So I'm really taking it easy.

I'm so sorry your husband lost his job. As I said to Lady, things always turn out for the best. Just take it one day at a time. Seems things are getting tough for all of us. Seems everything around the house is breaking for us, so LOTS of time and money spent fixing things. My husband is freaking out a little over that.

I'm freezing cold most of the time!! Like right now, got the heat WAY up in the house and I'm still cold!

oh I'll have you in my thoughts on Monday! Good luck!!! Hopefully you'll get to see the heartbeat!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Thanks for your kind message, Plang. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one so nervous. I don't think it helps that I am generally keeping my "condition" a secret because otherwise I think I could talk about my fears with more people in a more casual way. Instead I keep it to myself until I feel like I have to let it all come flying out to the few people I talk to about it (my husband, my best friends, you guys). Anyway, I do feel much better now and have relaxed. It is great that you are settled into a house, even though I agree that it is a lot of work and $$ to maintain it! The way I had it all planned out in my head was to buy before getting pregnant but this pregnancy came a little earlier than we expected it to! So we will probably end up renting for a year or two just to settle out some of the financial setbacks we will have to take with me staying home for awhile and not working, etc. But you're right- deep breath, and it will all work out.

Btw- It's funny you mentioned feeling cold all the time because I have felt that way from the beginning. I am always freezing and just thought it was me. But I guess it is another pregnancy symptom.

Anyway, again I am excited to hear about both of your appointments. Khaandi, I'm actually going to a prenatal consultation the day you have your first appointment, so I'll be waiting to hear how it all goes for you to know what to expect and to look forward to!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #40
(female)

plang HB User

hi Lady, so glad I could help you relax a bit.
I'm keeping the same secret. We don't want to tell anyone just yet. We've tried for 2 years to get pregnant, had such a hard time with treatments and missing work and all that good stress. That we'd be devistated if we were to lose the baby after telling everyone. So we're keeping it to ourselves, however hard it may be!

Have you ladies been feeling the effects of the LOVELY constipation? I am. It's horrible! I feel so bloated. Never been constipated like this before. I'm eating lots of fruits and veggies (when I don't feel sick!). Even eating nothing but a LARGE salad for lunch. It bugs! LOL just the bloating. Not much pain from the constipation itself, but the bloating.
So sorry if it's TMI.

Thanks girls! The support you give has been great!

I'm off for a date night with dear hubby tonight!

Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Ugh, I definitely have the constipation but I think even more annoying is the insane bloating and, ahem, the gas I've been getting Talk about TMI, but its true. My poor husband. And all of that gives me pain and discomfort. I remember when I tried some birth controls in years past that gave me these side effects from them and I HATED it and obviously stopped taking them immediately. I feel like I'm reliving those times. So yeah, I'm with you. My jeans have been tight and I think the baby is the size of a grain of rice at this point, so I'm sure its from the bloat and nothing else.

And I agree about not telling people- I could only bring myself to tell my family and a close friend, because I figured if we lose the baby I would at least want to lean on some form of support. But if I would have to tell anyone else I think it make the pain worse. So, I'll stick through all of this paranoia keeping my eye on the prize- the end of the 1st trimester (and the beginning of what I read is a much easier phase of pregnancy, let's hope). It's hard!

Have a wonderful date night!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:30 AM   #42
(female)

Khandii HB User

Wetness I have as well, I was having weird cramps yesterday and I was wet so I kept going to washroom to check it out and just clear fluid.

I am not constipated because I am on Metformin but i do have the bloating and gas really badly. I can't eat bread for some reason, if I do I am in really bad pain and my stomach gets all hard and stuff.

I didn't have much symptoms until I hit 6 weeks that's when the morning sickness has kicked in and I have been sick since then, i will be 7 weeks tomorrow.

Plang, did they say why you have brown blood??

Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #43
(female)

plang HB User

I haven't told a sole, well except for you girls and my doctors. Not a friend, not my sisters, nobody. We just want to wait it out, just in case.

I stopped taking my Metformin when I got the positive. I didn't find it helped me at all anyway. Never brought on my periods, nothing. Didn't even...keep me regular, if you know what I mean. I've always been pretty regular without it, but these hormones!
Lady, I certainly do agree about the bloating! I've taken to wearing my yoga pants all the time. (Luckily I work from home so I don't have to get dressed up) It's helpted a lot with the pain and discomfort.

My morning sickness started around week 6 as well. It's an all day event with me! I'm not physically sick, but such an upset stomach! All for a good cause though!

Khandii, my doctor said it was completely normal to have brown blood. Said it was left over from when the baby implanted. And I'm guessing there was quite a bit. Coz it's been going on for weeks. He wasn't concerned at all. Said that with the ultrasound there was no signs of fresh bleeding and everything looked normal. He said that if I started with red blood or severe cramps I should call him. But otherwise, he said to relax.

So Khandii you're not far behind me. I'm at 8weeks 3 days.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #44
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Have you girls estimated when you are due (or have your doctors calculated your due dates?) I haven't seen a doctor yet, but I estimated my own, and when I told my dad about my pregnancy (who is an OB) he whipped out some fancy chart and confirmed my own estimate- I'm due on Christmas Day! Lol. As a kid I always thought that my friends who were born on Christmas Eve/Day got the short end of the stick when it came down to the present-factor. And here I am now with a child that will likely be born on a very big national holiday, hehe. My dad is convincing me that it is very unlikely that I will actually give birth on the 25th, but I find it amusing either way. In reality, it doesn't matter and I just want a healthy baby. But it gives me a good laugh (and groan) sometimes to think about all of the crazy efforts I'll put into making my child's birthday "special" and set apart from the holiday madness! Just thought it would be fun to see when you are all expecting your babies since we're not that far apart.

Last edited by lady346; 04-29-2010 at 06:35 AM.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #45
(female)

plang HB User

My doctor didn't tell me, we never actually got to that at the first appointment. But from what I'm calculating online, seems December 2nd or 3rd is my due date.
Most of the time, for first babies, women are a few days to a week or so late. That really depends on how long your doctor will go over due. Here in Canada it's around a week late, not more.
A Christmas baby! That'd be great! I always said that if we had ours on Christmas we'd make the day extra special. No cheaping out on gifts!

Closed Thread