It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #46
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User
Re: April First trimester up to 13 weeks

hey, first time posting in this thread. i'm 9.5 weeks today with twins. i've been really lucky so far and have had no nausea. i have the usual fatigue, tender breasts, and mood swings. i have been dealing with a bit of brown spotting. its usually just after we have intercourse and maybe the day after, but i had it for no reason the other day, but my doctor said as long as its brown and i'm not going through multiple pads a day, she's not worried. we just wait a week before having sex again, which is hard because my sex-drive has been through the roof. has anyone else been like that??

Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #47
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Congratulations on your twins!

I am actually suffering right now from the opposite problem. I have no desire whatsoever to even get close to my husband. When he hugs me, it hurts my boobs. I'm having a variety of mood-swings lately (today I haven't thankfully) which doesn't help. Even if he pulls me in to "spoon" in bed, it hurts my lower back and I always end up asking him to shift his weight. Poor guy- I'm such a downer right now. It's really not his fault but I just feel achy and sore a lot and my sex drive is non-existent. I've explained this all to him and he's been pretty good about it all. To be honest, I don't even know how he can even want to get close to me either at this point with all the gas I've been having, lol.

I did read that sex drive can increase a lot in one's 2nd trimester. Maybe you're just getting the increase early. Has your drive been this high all through your 1st trimester?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2010, 04:19 AM   #48
(female)

Khandii HB User

Lady, I estimated my own due date for now which is December 17th but at your first ultra sound the doctor normaly does it.

Plang I am 7 weeks today, you are still a week and a half ahead of me.

I talked to my doctor about the sickness all day because it's hard to be at work and feeling like crap all day and there is some meds I can get but I am scared because without that sickness, I don't feel pregnant really. I remember feeling a constant feeling in my belly kinda like a stretching and I don't have that but I don't know if it's because I have done this before.

I have not had sex at all, I am way too scared for that. lol.

Welcome cookie and congrats on the twins.

Do you guy's feel something in your belly's?

I am so nervous about my ultra sound on monday.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:52 AM   #49
(female)

plang HB User

Cookie, Congratulations on your twins! That's so great! We were hoping for twins, get our two kids out of the way with one shot. But the fertility clinic wouldn't let me produce more than one egg at a time.
I'm glad you're not having morning sickness. Hopefully you don't. I've been having it all day every day. Some days are worse than others. Thankfully though, I'm not physically sick, but my stomach has been turning!
Sex drive, oh yes! But I'm too scared! I feel bad for my husband. I can't wait to feel secure with this pregnancy then I'll be able to relax a bit and enjoy myself. But I've been there for my husband. LOL if you know what I mean.

Khandii, I feel a fullness in my belly. More so when I lay down on my stomach. (which isn't often!)

Old 04-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #50
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

I would agree about feeling a fullness/tenderness in my belly because it hurts to sleep on my stomach (which is my favorite position). I wake up a lot on my back as a result and then my back is sore in the morning But I don't really feel a stretching per se, just more like frequent menstrual cramps.

I hope I get my sex drive back! I think if I actually had the drive, I wouldn't care about feeling tender and achy all over and would just go for it, ha. I'm actually not too worried about sex doing anything to the pregnancy (should I be?) because I heard its actually encouraged especially later in the pregnancy, as long as your pregnancy is healthy.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #51
(female)

Khandii HB User

Plang where do you live btw? I am in Canada aswell.

Man I want to go home, all of my advisors are not here today but we can't close shop because another girl has 2 of her advisors here still

I have heard alot of people say they bleed after sex so I stay away because I don't want to freak out. Maybe in the second trimester I will try it but until then I stay far far away, lol.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #52
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Oh that's interesting about the bleeding, I didn't know that. I would flip out too if that happened. Well looks like I won't have to worry about it too much since I'm not dying to do it anyway!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #53
(female)

Khandii HB User

lol. when is your first appointment?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #54
(female)

plang HB User

Khandii, I'm in Ottawa. Where are you?

I've heard the same thing about bleeding after sex. I'm staying away from sex for now.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:58 AM   #55
(female)

Khandii HB User

I am in Ottawa too, lol. I am in Orleans, what's part do you live in?

So you are at the fertility clinic? Dr. Min is my doctor.

Ok So last night I had a dream I went for my ultra sound and there was no heart beat.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #56
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

That is such a scary dream, Khandii! I think dreams typically say a lot about what you're subconsciously thinking/worrying about. My dreams seem to revolve more around letting my secret slip and people figuring out that I'm pregnant as of now. But maybe when I get closer to my first appointment my dreams will have to do more with my fears of the actual pregnancy.

My first appointment for now is May 27th. I will be around 10 weeks then if my estimates are correct. I would have liked to go sooner (around 8 wks) but the midwifery center where I am going to is pretty much booked until then. I have a prenatal consultation with them Monday afternoon, so hopefully they can answer some of my questions about my situation- as I mentioned before, we are planning on moving. If my husband solidifies a job in VA we will need to move by July 31st. Sooo, if I decide I like this place on Monday and want to keep the appointment I scheduled, I may only be seeing them 2 or 3 times (up until I'm 18-19 weeks). And then we will leave the state! Luckily, I've done some research and found a place that seems fabulous in VA around the area we would like to move to. And I will be much pickier transferring to a practice that I will actually deliver with. Nonetheless, I'm nervous either way about my appointment, even if I'm only going to be going to the practice for a little while here in NY!

Old 05-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #57
(female)

plang HB User

Ha! That's great Khandii, I'm out in Rockland, just east of you. Dr. Leader was my doctor. He's a funny old guy! Dr. Min was awesome too! They all were, really. Such a nice group of people to deal with. For your ultrasound on Monday, are you going to see Dr. Min? Dr. Leader had me in within two weeks of getting a positive pregnancy test. They did my first ultrasound and everything.

That is a scary dream! I beleive that dreams are a reflection of what your subconsious is thinking about. Just take a deep breath. Beleive that everything will be okay. I know it's hard, but try, okay?

Lady, I feel for you. Seeing two different sets of doctors throughout your pregnancy. But once you're moved and settled in I'm sure things will be fine. That's great that you've found some great places in VA close to home. (well, were home will likely be)

Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #58
(female)

Khandii HB User

last night I had a dream I started bleeding and my husband was like well nothing we can do and I was crying like crazy.. Which is not like me at all because I always get super strong and deal with things like that really well but I guess my fear is that I will break down.

Lady, I am sure everything will work out for you. Have you guy's been looking for places yet?

Plang, I am right off trim so we are pretty close to each other, lol. Such a small world eh. Yes I am going to see Dr. Min tomorrow, I am so scared. My husbands cousin went to Dr. Leader. Where will you be delivering?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #59
(female)

plang HB User

Keep us posted on your appointment! I'm so excited for you!
I know your dreams must be tough to deal with. Just take a deep breath. Dr. Min is great! Just tell him about everything you're feeling and he'll help.

I'm planning on going to Mont Fort. It's the closest. And I know one of the nurses there in delivery and she says the atmosphere is great. We've been referred to Dr Lussier at the Orleans Medical on St Joseph. He came highly recommended by Dr. Leader.

I can't wait to hear how your appointment went!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #60
(female)

Khandii HB User

I am going to be with Dr. Min until 12 weeks and then my family doc until 28 weeks and then they will send me to an OB. Weird. Anyways, I will be at the Montfort as well, they just renovated it and it's so nice. I went there for my D&C and the rooms were nice and brand new washrooms.

U/S went well, I was measuring 3 days further along then what I actually am. were you right on? I remember the last time I was a little ahead the first time and then a little behind the second time.

The heart beat was 154 and they said that is the average, what was yours?

My next ultra sound is May 18th.

Closed Thread