It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 04:30 AM   #61
(female)

plang HB User
Re: April First trimester up to 13 weeks

That's strange that he didn't just refer you right away. Guess different DRs have different ways of doing things. You also have a history though, so I'm sure it's a comfort thing that he's doing too. That, and Dr Leader asked me if my family DR had rights at any hospitals, and if he would do the delivery. Mine doesn't. So he just said he'd refer me right away.

I think I was right on for my US.

My US was at 6weeks, and the heartbeat was 109. They said it was average as well. I think they said anywhere between 90-170 was normal...Can't remember the exact numbers though. I was a little earlier than you are now too, so I'm sure that makes a difference.

Had a little 'fun' in the new bathtub this morning. We had to replace our tub, old one was warped and leaking. And was 16 years old, had no finish left on it. Slipped in the tub and hurt my wrist. Ugh! Happy Tuesday! LOL

Old 05-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #62
(female)

plang HB User

Did Dr. Min say how he thought things were going this time around? Any hints to keep it sticking?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #63
(female)

Khandii HB User

he said that everything looks good and normally they can see certain things in the u/s that will show something might be wrong but there is nothing. I then asked if he saw anything the last time and just didn't say anything and he said no everything looked fine then as well so that's why he is going to follow me longer this time around to give me peace of mind.

My family doctor only works on mondays and thursdays and she is very hard to make appointments because you have to call the day of. I think at my next apt. with Dr. Min I will ask for him to refer me to an OB, hopefully he will do it because I think I need a little more attention then what my doctor can give me. They don't even have a u/s machine in the practice.

I did buy a doppler with my second pregnancy so once I hit 10 weeks I can check on the heart rate whenever I want

I really hope May goes by really fast.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #64
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

I'm glad everything is going well so far, Khandii. I think it is wise to get referred to an OB so you can get more specialized treatment. I'm also interested in the fact that you can buy a doppler- I wouldn't have thought of that. I'll have to look into it.

I've been having some new symptoms this week, now that I'm about 6.5 weeks along. Fatigue is a major one, and a nuisance at that. I have no energy to do ANYTHING past like, noon. At work I'm able to stick it out and do what I need to do (a lot of my work lately involves writing reports at my desk, so I can manage). But its rough once I get home to stay productive. And now I'm starting to wake up in the middle of the night to pee- the joy. My newest symptom started today which was nausea. I found it helped me to just eat, haha. My hunger is definitely growing by the day as well, but I'm 5'7" and slim and don't want to put on too much weight in the first trimester because it will be pretty noticeable and I don't want to let it snowball into gaining too much in the other trimesters.

Luckily my paranoia has calmed down and I'm feeling less fearful, now that I had a consultation with a midwife, am feeling more symptoms, and all of that. I hope you girls are doing well with your symptoms. It is always interesting, this whole pregnancy thing!

Last edited by lady346; 05-05-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #65
(female)

Khandii HB User

I am 5 foot 7 as well and weighed 130 pounds post pregnancy, lol. I am up 4 pounds and up a pant size as well, good thing I kept some of my bigger pants, lol.

nausea didn't kick in until 6 weeks on the day and it has been with me ever since. I have also been very tired with this pregnancy, I go to bed at 8 everynight pretty much.

I bought my doppler from ebay, they are a little pricey though.

My boobs have gone up a size as well.

The past couple of days I have been more hungry and to the point I get up in the middle of the night and have to eat something.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #66
(female)

plang HB User

Yes! The fatigue! It's horrible. I sleep so soundly, get up once a night to pee, but SO don't feel rested the next morning. I can't wait for the weekend so I can sleep longer!
And the nausea started in week 6 with me as well. And yes has hung on ever since. It's an all day event with me. Right when I wake up to when I go to sleep. But as I've said to my DH, I'll be sick every day of this pregnancy, if I'm able to have a healthy baby at the end! Same goes for my migraines!
And the hunger! I'll eat a good meal, then 30 minutes later I feel starving again! Yesterday, I had a sandwich at 3:30, come dinner time at 5pm, I was ready to chew my arm off! Incredible! But, oddly enough, I haven't put on any weight. Still fluctuating between my usual weight. Up a pound one day, then down the next. But, I do feel like my weight is shifting though. It's more around my belly now, my pants are tight and I don't feel right anymore. I wear them when I go out, but at work (I work from home) I keep my pants undone! LOL
Have you ladies started with the mood swings yet? They're bad for me! My poor husband doesn't know what he does to make me so angry/upset! lol poor guy!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #67
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Hmm, my mood swings have tapered off but from about weeks 4-6 they were miserable. I cried, got ANGRY beyond belief at the drop of a hat and even laughed hysterically for no reason. Lately they don't seem to be much of an issue anymore (for now, at least).

I do agree as far as weight shifting. It is weird, because I was just telling my mother last night that I already feel like I'm showing and she doesn't believe it. I really don't either, but I am definitely bloated and bigger around the stomach, and yes, my pants are not fitting quite as comfortably. And I have not fluctuated in weight more than a couple pounds or so for years, so it is quite noticeable! I don't know if its water weight, baby weight, gas, or hormones that are making me bigger, haha.

And the fatigue- glad I'm not alone there. I find that I am totally spacey at work and also don't really have the energy to care as much anymore about it (I'm sure its also because I'm distracted with all of this). It is hard not to tell people that there's actually a good reason behind all of this apathy and distractibility.

Eating constantly in (relatively) small amounts seem to be keeping my nausea at bay. You guys were right- I was about 6 weeks and 3 days when this all set in. Ugh! Hope it really doesn't go all the way until the 13th week...

Old 05-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #68
(female)

plang HB User

yeah, it's strange. I didn't find I had any mood swings around the 4-6 week mark. But now that I'm almost 9 weeks, they're crazy! Don't cry much, my I fly off the handle at everything! Almost had a break down on the phone with a customer this afternoon! (but he was being an *** though! LOL)

I know what you mean about the fatigue. It'll be nice to share this big news with my bosses because right now it just looks like I'm checking out at work. And that's so not the case! I'm just SO tired and the mood swings really aren't helping. I just felt like such a mess today.

I'm so greatful to you girls! It's been great to have you guys to bounce things off of!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #69
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

I had my second pre-natal check up today. The doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat with her doppler. I'm 11+6 wks. Anyone else had difficulty finding the heartbeart at this stage? I don't have my first ultrasound until next Tuesday.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #70
(female)

plang HB User

What did the doctor say about not being able to hear the heart beat? I thinkn it might still be a little early to hear yours. Most reports say that you can hear it at around 12 weeks, maybe it was just a few days too early? I've also read that depending on the positioning of the baby in the uterus it might be a little more difficult to find.
I'm at 9 weeks, still too early to hear it.
I'd say, wait until your ultrasound and see what happens. Just try to stay calm and relaxed and wait to see what Tuesday brings.
My thoughts are with you!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #71
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

Yeah she said it may be too early. Thanks for your reassurance!

Old 05-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #72
(female)

Khandii HB User

it's different for everyone. Are you bigger around the belly area? People who have more chub have a harder time hearing it.

Are you having symptoms still?? Like do you feel pregnant?

I haven't had any m/s for the past couple of days, I am getting a little worried.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #73
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Khandii, it is hard not to worry because I went through those same feelings...if you remember, about 2 weeks ago my symptoms sort of subsided and I was wondering if something was wrong (I think I was having a lot of paranoia as a result of my mood swings). Well, did they ever come back and hit me like a brick during week 6! If you haven't had any bleeding, I would just try my best not worry and accept the lack of m/s with some relief. It is hard because this is such an uncertain time and I feel it too. It may just be your hormones aren't rising as rapidly as other days and maybe your body isn't reacting as much as a result (that is my uneducated guess). But my midwife told me that bleeding is really one of the biggest indications of something wrong, so if you haven't had that, don't stress out too much. It is likely all OK.

kcgage, I agree as well that it may just not have been the right day to hear the heartbeat. I'm going in for my 1st appointment on the 27th of May and asked if I'd be able to hear the heartbeat, and my midwife said we could certainly try, but that if not, I could come back within 2-3 weeks and we'd likely be able to hear it then. I think I would be worried if I actually heard a heartbeat at one point, and then didn't on a follow-up appointment, but since this was your 1st appointment, it's probably too early.

I don't know about you girls, and I don't want to wish my pregnancy experience away, but I can't wait to get out of the first trimester just so we can all relax a little and then feel able to enjoy it! It is definitely anxiety-inducing.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #74
(female)

Khandii HB User

I would love for the first trimester to be over as well, may just started but I really just want it to be over already, lol.

Maybe I am just paranoid, I still feel a little crappy just not like I was. The past couple of days however I have been feeling a lot of stretching going on down there when I lay down so I am guessing that's a good thing.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #75
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Yeah, I'm sure you're OK. Your symptoms will probably come back in a few days, or will change/come back differently as time passes. For me, this fatigue is just killing me, and I didn't have that before. Last night I fell asleep on my couch at 8 pm, and I was actually really interested in what I was watching on TV, but passed out cold until my husband woke me up around midnight to move to the bed. Usually I don't get super tired even on a weekday until 10-10:30. Then I woke up at 8 am (that is 12 hours of sleep!), walked about 15 min. to the store with my husband around 11, walked back home with a few bags of groceries, and I was wiped! I did manage to cook twice and do some cleaning, but I ended up cancelling my plans for this evening because I was too nervous that I would fatigue or get nauseous and then I'd be an hour of a subway ride away from home. Its like I need to pack food in my purse or something so that I don't faint, its crazy. So, I've stayed on the couch.

Honestly, I planned to be really healthy during my pregnancy and be active and exercising, and I am trying to walk a lot, which is relatively easy to do in this city, but I just can't beat this fatigue. I'm feeling a bit guilty. I get nauseous and lightheaded every 3 hours and all that helps is to eat (usually it seems like a sign that I should eat, so I do, and Im always hungry) so this is not how I thought things would be going!! I'm really dragging and I'm going to really have to force myself to get up and going tomorrow.

Closed Thread