It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

Khandii HB User
April First trimester up to 13 weeks

This thread is for the women who are in the first trimester of pregnancy and want to talk about symptoms and anything really.

I just got my BFP today at 12dpo. This my 4th pregnancy, all my others have ended inn miscarriage so I am really nervous that this one will end the same way.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
(female)

plang HB User
Re: April First trimester up to 13 weeks

Hi there, I just got my confirmation from my doctor today that I am indeed pregnant. Beta of 984 at 21 DPO.
I'm SO nervous too. This is my first pregnancy and have been struggling to get pregnant for 2 years. I'm so scared to do anything to risk a miscarriage.
I just don't know if what I am experiencing is normal. Can't talk to anyone about it, because we've decided it's best to wait until 12weeks before telling anyone.
Any advise for someone who's freaking out?
I have my first ultrasound scheduled for April 16th. I can't wait!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

plang HB User

I should also say congratulations on your BFP Khandii! 4th try, how have you stayed so strong?!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
(female)

Khandii HB User

We have been trying for 5.5 years now and I just got diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago. I don't know where I get my strength from because I don't have support from anyone other then these boards.

It is normal to be nervous and congrats on your levels, they are nice and high. I am going for my blood work tomorrow.

I am here for you if you have questions.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
(female)

plang HB User

Very kind of you! Contact me any time if you need to chat! I haven't been trying as long as you, but I think I know what you must feel like. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16, long time ago now! The fertility treatments were rough, my migraines made it hard to cope with the meds. But thankfully, it worked. Just keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck tomorrow for your blood work! Keep us posted!

Old 04-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
(female)

Khandii HB User

I have been feeling like pressure in my lower back and my uterus i guess, I remember with my other pregnancies that I had cramping and I thought it was just my period coming so it must be just that. I hope it's just that!

I start a new job on Monday and I am going to go and sign the papers tomorrow, I will need to ask them what their policy is on doctor's appointments. I am not going to say I am pregnant though, I don't want them to take that contract and rip it up, lmao.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:14 AM   #7
(female)

plang HB User

I've been having slight pressure in my back and uterus as well. My fertility nurse said it's probably from all the treatment medications I was on. Not feeling too bad this morning, except for feeling sick to my stomach.

I agree, you shouldn't tell them you're pregnant! I'm not telling anyone until after the 3rd or even 4th month! (depending on who they are!)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to have a nice and high beta toda!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #8
(female)

Khandii HB User

I wasn`t on any treatments for this pregnancy only metformin. I have been feeling sick yesterday and today. I don`t remember ever feeling this sick with my other pregnancies especially this early on but whatever, I will take it as long as the baby is fine.

my last pregnancy I started showing early but I think that`s because it was the 3rd time. People were talking at the office about it at around 9 weeks but I had to wear a belly band starting week 6 I think it was.

I am going to go for my blood work after I sign the papers for work so I won`t get my results until tomorrow, I will let you know what they are. I am sure it will still be low because I am only 3 weeks 5 days pregger.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
(female)

Khandii HB User

ok so I had 2 blood work done and they said my levels doubled. I am scheduled for an ultra sound on May 3rd at 1pm.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:54 AM   #10
(female)

plang HB User

That is awesome!! Congratulations!
I was thinking about you this weekend, hoping everything went well.

I had a question, maybe you could answer, maybe someone else could, or both!

I had been doing some pretty heavy meds for fertility treatments. This was our fourth cycle and it took! I've been having cramps in my pelvis, I call the specific area my ovaries. Very obviously to the sides of my uterus. It comes and goes. I've also been having some light brown discharge. Again, it comes and goes.

Just wondering, is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this before? We've done some research online and LOTS of sites said it was quite normal, and that it's the placenta attaching to the uterine wall.

Just wanted some confirmation from you ladies.

THanks!

Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 AM   #11
(female)

Khandii HB User

Cramping is very normal and it does switch from side to side, on and off, I found. As long as it's brown blood that means it's old blood but if you get red blood please go and get checked out.

When is your next appointment? How far are you now?

How are you finding your boobs by the way? Mine only hurt on the tips of the nipples and I feel like my whole boobs should be crazy sore by now. I have been having gushes and think it's blood but when I go to the washroom it's just cm. I have just started a new job so I am very nervous that I am going to miscarry again.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #12
(female)

plang HB User

That's what I've read online. It just makes me nervous! I have no idea what to expect. I thought I was so prepared for this, but I'm feeling very overwhelmed! I think I'll feel better once I see my doctor.
My first OB appointment is on Friday. Ultrasound at 11 and visit with the doctor at 1pm. SO nervous! Again, have no idea what to expect from this visit. I'm praying that we can see/hear the heart beat. That would rest my nerves a tiny bit!

My boobs, well, I've noticed some changes already. They're normally quite large (DD) and they usually get quite sore a week or so before AF. But this, is NOTHING like that! I find they're fuller already. Which DH likes. (of course!) And yes, they're sore. But the soreness comes and goes. It's mostly my nipples that hurt too, but I've noticed when my cats are walking on me, as they are so fond of doing, the hurt all over. I guess it just depends on how they walk on me.
From my Beta levels, and going from my last menstral cycle, I'm estimating that I'm about 6-7 weeks. (7 weeks on Friday)
But I'll find out more on Friday I guess! I can't wait!

HOw about you?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:22 AM   #13
(female)

Khandii HB User

I am only 4 weeks 5 days today. I always remember my first 2 pregnancies when I wasn't on any medication and my hormones were out of whack. My boobs were so sore, they would just throb and I remember my last pregnancy with the meds that I would always say they don't hurt and I would freak out.

I think everyone is nervous and overwhelmed during the first trimester though. I go to the washroom like so many times just to reasure that everything is fine and there is no bleeding.

Good luck at your appointment. Every doctor is different, with my regular doctor they never gave me an ultra sound or anything just tell me what I can and can't eat and get paper work ready for other blood tests and stuff.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #14
(female)

plang HB User

Yeah, as I said, my boobs are sore, but it comes and goes. Sometimes it's worse than others. I'm having wicked dizzy spells though! I've been dizzy before, but nothing like this.

Yeah, I go to the washroom way more often than I actually "need" to. I'm so nervous that I'm not letting myself get excited about it yet. I'll be like 39 weeks and I'll just then be getting excited! Seems every time I count on something, or get my hopes up, they get crushed.

I can't wait for my appointment. The week is going by SO slowly! I've been trying to keep busy, but it's just not taking my mind off it! I'll let you know how it goes!

Old 04-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #15
(female)

Khandii HB User

I am the same way. as soon as I get comfortable with it something always happens.

For sure let me know how it goes.

You are so right about the week going by slowly, I am sure the whole pregnancy will go by slowly, lol.

Closed Thread