It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #31
(female)

ChaoticCutie HB User
Re: December Mommies

They are making me wait because my husband is military, and at this military hospital i guess its just routine to wait that long. It worries me that i have to wait this long, what if something was to happen to the baby and they didnt know it because i had to wait for an u/s? STUPID if you ask me lol.

And i too am having the pains from it growing. lol, my doctor told me it seems like im having tiny braxton hicks contractions (i didnt think so but this is my first so ill listen to the doctor) she said that braxton hicks contractions usually start at 5 weeks but cant be felt until the 15th week because they are just like muscles when you have a period. I still dont belive it, but i rarely have these horribly obnoxious pains so i guess she is right lol

Old 06-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #32
(female)

plang HB User

Hey girls! I just got my bella band that I ordered. All I can say, SOOO comfortable!! My pants are fully undone right now, and they're staying up, and it's so comfy! If you're reluctant to buy maternity clothes, I strongly recommend a Bella Band! And, they're not that expensive. I got my plus sized one for $37 plus shipping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #33
(female)

Khandii HB User

Plang you are so cute, lol. I started using my belly band at like 5 or 6 weeks, I couldnt do my pants up anymore. I have been in maternity pants since 10 weeks but this is also my 4th pregnancy so it had already been stretched.

Chaotic that is crazy and really sucks that you have to wait but women who don't have issues normally do have to wait unless they have had some assistance in the getting pregnant part.

I just got an email from my family doctor telling me she hasn't heard from me in a while. I was supposed to go back to her after the fertility doctor released me but I asked to go to a ob/gyn instead since they work full time and have a little more experience. I hope she isn't too mad at me... She is the nicest lady ever but she only works part time and she is so hard to book an appointment with.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 AM   #34
(female)

plang HB User

Khandii, I was holding out for as long as I could! It's been super uncomfortable to have my pants done up for weeks, but when I went out of the house I 'suffered' through it. I work from home, so I can let my tummy hang out all I want! haha! My husband gets a kick out of it. But this bella band, is just amazing! I can't wait to wear it out!! And be comfy in my shorts again!

For your family doctor, I would suggest being honest. Or at least, saying that Dr. Min thought it was best that you see an OB for the rest of your pregnancy. That way, you can still see your family doctor when you've had the baby. That's what I did with my family doctor.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #35
(female)

ChaoticCutie HB User

yeah i still am anxious though!

Old 06-23-2010, 04:23 AM   #36
(female)

Khandii HB User

Yeah I told her that Dr. Min referred me and I have my appointment next week and I can keep her updated if she wants. She won't read my email until Thursday though so we will see what she says.

Man I really don't want to work.... come on week end!

Old 06-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #37
(female)

plang HB User

Have you girls been having dreams about the sex of the baby yet? I've had two so far. Both times I dreamt it was a boy. The dreams are so real and vivid!
I think I might going insane over the next two weeks waiting for the 12th to come!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #38
(female)

Khandii HB User

No Plang, I haven't been dreaming of the sex... I have been too stressed with other things I think. I have weird dreams but mostly about bad guy's coming after me.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:47 AM   #39
(female)

ChaoticCutie HB User

Wow, the military screws up everything, I had an apt for my first ultrasound at 19/20 weeks on july 9th i made the apt a month ago. Well i called and asked if they had any other times available and they told me no. five minutes later they called me back saying whoever had booked my apt had made a mistake and just scheduled me with a regular check up! FINALLY after 45 minutes of complaing i got them to make an apt for me. They wanted me to wait until i was 28 weeks for my first ultrasound! I WAS FURIOUS! lol i definatly want to at least try to know the sex before then. not to mention see my baby

Old 06-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #40
(female)

plang HB User

Wow Chaotic, that's awful! I'm glad you were able to work things out though!

I have appointments tomorrow to discuss my work issues with my doctors. One appointment with my family doctor, because my work is insisting on ANOTHER doctor's note from him about my migraines. Even though I've already given them one. Then one with my OB about my morning sickness...it's still just as bad as before.
I've asked to be put on reduced work to help reduce my stress to see if that would help releive my migraines. And then sh*t hit the fan and they demanded doctor's notes about everything. I'm so very frustrated right now!
I'm nervous too as to what my doctor's are going to say about all this. I don't want to go on disability because in the long run, it'll affect my mat leave payout. It sucks!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 AM   #41
(female)

Khandii HB User

chaotic that sucks big time..

Plang, short term disability lasts up to 6 months then it goes long term. Short term they pay you full salary so that won't affect your mat leave...

I went to my appointment yesterday and they didn't have the ultra sound report that was supposed to be faxed to them the night before. My next appointment is on July 26th not sure about my ultra sound, the hospital will call me with the appointment.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #42
(female)

plang HB User

Khandii, seems my employer is special. I'd get 100% for four weeks, then drop down to 66% for 13 weeks, then jump to long term still at 66%. I tell ya, they're special all right!

I'll have to wait and see. Hopefully just reducing my call volume will help the stress.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #43
(female)

Khandii HB User

Plang, maybe you should really consider finding a new job when it's time to go back to work. I have been thinking about I am going to do when it's time to go back to work. Child care is so expensive, do I stay home and do my own day care?? Do I try and get into the government while I am off?? Do I just go back and suck it up and try and get pregnant again to get matleave and then stay home after the second... Decisions decisions but I guess there is lots of time for that.

I enrolled in the courses at montfort. I start on the 6th and the gloucester library, is that where yours are?

I say if you are stressed and everything just take the time, you will deal with the money when it comes down to it. You spend less when you are home anyways.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:42 AM   #44
(female)

plang HB User

Thanks Khandii, I haven't quite decided what will happen when it's time to go back to work. Either going back part time or leaving completely raise my family. Not sure yet. But again, got lots of time to figure that out.

Drs appointments went well yesterday. I'm not surprised at all that my doctor's FULLY agreed with me and all gave me notes to reduce my stress. We'll see what happens tomorrow when I give them the notes.

My classes were at the library. Bring a sweater, it gets chilly in there sometimes! If you have the same instructor as we did, she's great! Her name was Colllette. Very nice woman. The first three courses are there, then at around 28-30 weeks they'll call you and let you know when the next set starts, should be at the Mont Fort.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:12 AM   #45
(female)

Khandii HB User

yay on the doctor's notes, let me know how it goes...

Yes the instructors name is collette. My husband will be going to Toronto for one of the classes so my mom is going to come with me, she is all excited, lol.

Man I really don't want to work today, it's only going to be me and this one other girl. I hope the day goes by fast!

Closed Thread