It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
(female)

plang HB User
December Mommies

I thought I would start the thread for the December moms.
I've just recently been told my due date has changed (already!) I'm due December 9th now. My original date was December 3rd.

How are all you other mommies feeling?

Old 05-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
(female)

Khandii HB User
Re: December Mommies

Hey Plang,

I tried to start a december one as well but no one else joined in, lol.

How are you doing?

I have been having really bad head aches lately

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #3
(female)

plang HB User

I'm doing well. Just when I thought my morning/all day sickness was starting to slow down, yeah, it's back!
My headaches are bad too. I think it's partly to do with the weather. The pressure has been up and down lately.
We're really excited, just hit 12 weeks today! I've told my boss and she's happy for us. The whole family knows now too! It's so great to not have to hide it anymore.

How have you been doing? How's the morning sickness treating you?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
(female)

Khandii HB User

still got me m/s, today was a good day though

Are you starting to show at all yet? I am 11 weeks tomorrow. We may just end up delivering together, you never know.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
(female)

plang HB User

It's strange, I felt great two days ago, but yesterday and today, I'm exhausted and sick all the time! I always say, I'll be sick everyday if I get a healthy baby out of it. But boy, a little releif would be nice right about now! It's just, all day everyday right now. Nothing helps. I eat crackers, nothing. Eat a meal, nothing. It's crazy! How have you been doing with the m/s?
Showing yet? Not yet. I'm a little pudgy, so I'm sure it'll take a few more weeks before people can notice. But, my pants don't fit as well anymore. SO not comfortable!
How about you?

Will you be birthing at Mont Fort? Did Dr. Lin say if he'll refer you to an OB or do you have to continue with your family doctor?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
(female)

Khandii HB User

Dr. Min referred me to Dr. Valcourt but she hasn't called me yet to set up an appointment. She is on Portebello so very close to my house and she delivers at the Mont Fort.

M/S is all day sickness when I have it. On sunday it was so bad I had to leave in the middle of church because I couldn't handle it anymore. Nothing helps when I have it either but I have been feeling ok the past 2 days now (knock on wood).

I am showing now for sure, one of the ladies at work said to me yesterday that its really noticable now. I have been in Mat pants since last week because it was just way too uncomfortable.

When is your next ultra sound? I have one on Wednesday and then I am not sure after that because I haven't met with the new doctor yet.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
(female)

plang HB User

My ultrasound isn't until 18 weeks. My DR didn't see a point to doing another one before then because we've opted out of the testing. So we'll wait until then, hopefully we'll be able to know what we're having then too.
Morning sickness is starting to go away for me. Have been feeling good the last couple of days. Just have little bouts of it throughout the day now, rather than ALL day! I'm happy about that. My migraines aren't horrible right now either. Been about a week since my last one. My head hurts today, but not a migraine.

Have you been having issues with gas and bloating? I find it hurts SO much!!

Old 06-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #8
(female)

Khandii HB User

the gas and bloating had started right away with me. I can't eat bread or potatoes because it puts me in so much pain after. Try and pay attention to what it is that is causing it and try and avoid that food.

I have my ultra sound today, I am nervous and excited. I am feeling really sick this morning but thats because I woke up at 5am and I was hungry but I didnt get up to eat i went back to bed for an hour and when I woke up I felt sick.

I have still been getting the head aches, very annoying and I hope they don't stay forever.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
(female)

plang HB User

Khandii! How did your ultrasound go?
You're 12 weeks now aren't you? How are things going?

I wish I had an ultrasound between now and July. (why mine is booked for) I'm just happy we'll be able to hear the heartbeat soon.

Have you told your work yet? I told mine a few weeks ago. Been feeling VERY stressed ever since. As if the time off I need for my appointments is a hassle to them. They told me they'd 'See what they could do to accomodate'.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
(female)

Khandii HB User

Hey Plang, Yes I am 12 weeks today yay.

At my ultra sound I was 11 weeks 5 days but baby was measuring 12 weeks 3 days. It's been ahead right from the begining I think its going to be a big baby, lol. The heart rate was 163.

I told my work after my last ultra sound but I don't think everyone actually knows for sure. One of the guy's asked me yesterday and I told him.

The OB called and she is on mat leave so i will be seeing Dr, Aubin. They are booked solid at their office so I have to go to the montfort on June 29th for my first appointment. They didn't say anything about a ultra sound so it's going to be very tough. I have been getting them every 2 weeks and those two weeks seem to pass so slow, I am going to have to wait like 4 weeks for my appointment and who knows how long for my next ultra sound.

Still have my head aches but m/s is so much better unless I get really hungry then I will start to feel sick if I wait to loong to eat.

Why is your work being like that? What kind of work do you do?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
(female)

plang HB User

That's awesome! Has it sunk in yet that you're having a baby? It's slowly sinking in for us. I'm still being cautious, I think I will be until I hold my baby in my arms. I'm just so scared to let it sink in, just in case.

Is Dr. Aubin's office still near your home? Hopefully it won't be too far for you to go to the doctor each time. Mine isn't far at all, about a 20 minute drive from home. Could be much worse!

Not sure why my bosses are being that way. I work for a bunch of women, so I'd think they would understand. But they seem to be holding it against me that I needed time off for the fertility treatments, which I made up every hour I took off. And that the pregnancy has made my migraines much worse, and now that I'm needing time off for my doctor's appointments they're being difficult. Just driving me nuts. So I'm waitingn for an answer from them as to 'how they can accomodate my appointments' and I'll look into making a complaint after if I need to. Hopefully not. I mean, I don't expect to be paid for the time off, but I just don't want any attitude from them. It's just frustrating.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #12
(female)

Khandii HB User

What if you talked to your doctor and they gave you time off, short term disability? I used to work for all women at my old job and it was the most stressful thing ever. I honestly think I lost my other babies due to the stress level I had while working there.

I went to see my mother in law on saturday and she was getting over a cold, sure enough I caught it even though I was only there for 30 minutes and didn't even touch anything. I left work half day yesterday and I called in for today. I am not sleeping well so it's not helping me fight this cold at all. My throat is like raw and nothing I do helps it.

I am being very cautious as well, I am so scared of accepting it and then something will go wrong. I think it will be easier once we start feeling the baby kick and stuff. I don't really know what can go wrong at this point because the doctor said all the major organs have been developed they only need to grow but we have all heard of people losing their babies even after the first trimester so who knows. Just pray for the best.

We have been buying stuff since my first pregnancy every time something goes on sale so we don't need much more at all. I picked up a bottle sterilizer on the week end off of used ottawa.

I am pretty sure Dr. Aubing is covering Dr. Valcourt maternity leave and she is in the same place. It's on portabello beside the broadways.

I just started my new job when I found out I was pregnant so I still don't have any benefits. I don't even think they offer short term disability and it worries me a little because what will happen if something happens during this pregnancy that I might need bed rest or something you know. My back has been really acting up the past couple of days and it's uncomfortable to do anything.

My husband still hasn't found a new job, he has had a few promising interviews just waiting to hear back from them.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #13
(female)

plang HB User

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. I mean, the stress isn't getting any better. I work in a call center and just the customer's alone is causing a great deal of stress. I try to keep thinking, "One call at a time" but then I get yelled at to get the next call and to not take so long between calls. It's horrible. They just don't seem to care at all. (a lot of other employees feel this way, was major topic of an employee commitee meeting this week, they all feel the moral is very low)
I know the stress isn't good for me right now. I'll have to talk to my doctor about it and see what he suggests.

We've been doing that also. Buying things when they come on sale. Got a baby swing for $20 brand new!

I start prenatal classes tonight. So excited! I still think it's crazy early, but they do three classes now, and three classes around the 30 week mark. So it's split. Which is nice, so we'll get the tips for the pregnancy now and the birth stuff closer to the event.

I would ask your work about that. That's not something you should have to worry about! You should be able to have it no matter what! The worst they will say is no, but it never hurts to ask what the policy is.

I wish your husband luck! Hopefully one of those interviews turns into something concrete!

Old 06-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #14
(female)

Khandii HB User

Oh man, I know the call centre moral, lol. I think we have all been there especially in Ottawa, lol. My last job was call centre and data entry but I have worked at MBNA and that was strictly call after call after call. And the french calls were the worst, I was so depressed when I worked there. I made good money because of the incentive but it was way too stressful. If I were you I would talk to your doctor and say that you are super stressed and stuff.

The issue I have with this new job is that it's so boring. I went from being crazy busy to just sitting on my butt waiting for work to come. I dread going to work because the time goes by so slow, lol. I swear I will never find that dream job, lol.

I didn't enroll in the classes because I don't know what my husband will be working. You will have to tell me what they teach you, lol. My appointment with the doctor isn't until June 29th so I haven't had anyone tell me to even enroll but we had looked online anyways just out of curiosity.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #15
(female)

plang HB User

We have our appointment on Wednesday. I'll be talking to him about what's been going on. I'm nervous about it. I don't know what he'll say. I just know all this stress isn't good for me or my little nugget.

Been having headaches a lot lately. EVERYDAY this week! I just don't know what to do with myself! And, I really just don't feel like I CAN take time off work to recover from them. So I've been suffering through.

I don't have that problem with this job. I take about 100 calls a day. The time still goes by a little slowly. Mostly because every morning I feel as if it's Saturday and I can sleep in. Then my husband comes and wakes me up. LOL

Class was great on Tuesday! I knew most of the information she gave me, but there were some good points that I didn't know. My husband learned a lot. I really suggest that you sign up for some. If you go through the city of Ottawa it costs $36. We're going through Mont Fort, so it's $105. But, we get 7 classes. Three now, and four later. I liked this better so that the information is still fresh once we go into labour.

How have you been feeling lately? How's your headaches and morning sickness? My morning sickness seems to be getting worse. Was actually sick the other day! That was a first! ugh!!!

Closed Thread