It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2011 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #46
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User
Re: January Babies

hiya girls, how are we all doing ?

I did get my midwife, but my first appointment isn't until the second week in August. Oh well, I have another OB appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning, we are still going to keep it because I want to go in and hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler . I know it is probably too early to be feeling anything, but I swear I felt the tiniest of flutters a few times yesterday morning before I got out of bed for the day, I def don't think it was gas. Other than that still not feeling much of anything or noticing any other changes yet.
Take care everyone

Old 07-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #47
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Hey ladies! Everythings great with the twins so far. I am 11wks4ds. I am still feeling very sick in the afternoons. My dr just told me to keep taking dramamine. I hope that I will start feeling better in a few weeks when I go back to work for the school year. I am hoping to make it to 35 weeks at work and 37 weeks of pregnancy. My dr said I can go as long as I want, but 37wks is the norm for twins. Which would put my due date around January 7th. That would also make DS and the twins 25 months apart -1 day. LOL!! My life is going to get SOOO busy!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #48
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Awesome news ladies!

Fruitloop ~ What grade do you teach? I teach 3rd and I'm hoping to make it as far into January as possible. Our second marking period ends Jan. 17th, so I'd like to get lots of grades in before the new teacher comes in!

This time around, I really just want things to go naturally - don't get me wrong - I'm definitely getting the epidural, but I don't want to be induced like last time. Although when I went in to be "induced" last time, I was already 4 centimeters dialated and completely effaced. Haha. How does everyone else feel about beeing induced compared to letting nature take its course?

Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #49
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I am going right for the C. I had an emergency C with DS and I want everything to go ok, so I decided that it would be best to have it all scheduled.
I work in a high school 1 on 1 with a special need student. He goes to all reg ed classes, and I go with him to make sure he stays on task. This is my 4th year with him. He's a really great kid.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #50
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLu View Post
How does everyone else feel about beeing induced compared to letting nature take its course?
I'm not against any intervention if it's needed. But I am going to *try* and labor at home as long as I can, so hopefully by the time I get to the hosp things will be close to moving along. I'd rather not get an epi, but if I'm still not complete after 24 hrs+ of labor I'm going to request it just so I can get some sleep so I'll be able to finish birthing the baby before exhaustion takes over. I've read a lot of experiences, while it seems induction can really help things along, it also seems like induced contractions are significantly more painful, and pitocin causes some side effects like more anxiety, which I definitely won't be needing! These are a few of my reasons for choosing a midwife, mention the words "birth plan" to an OB here and it's like you were never in the room! But every labor is different and no one can predict what will happen, but we can try .

Fruitloop, I hope you start feeling better soon, you are almost to the 2nd trimester!!

I did get to hear the heartbeat yesterday, so I feel much more at ease now... 144 bpm

Last edited by mellowfish; 07-14-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #51
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yay mellow! I'm so glad you got to hear that beautiful heartbeat! Congrats to you!

When I had my daughter (almost 3 years ago - where has the time gone???), I went into the hospital at 7:30 and the doc broke my water. I only suffered a few mild contractions. Since I was already 4 cm, they gave me the epidural and then started pitocin. I went from 4 cm to 10 cm in 2 hours!!! However, I pushed for 2 hours as well. I'm not going to lie, it was hell...I am slightly terrified of another experience like that. I've already requested that they keep my epidural ON when I push - or at least just turn it down a bit. I felt everything and it was **not** pleasant. Soooo...I am ALL about pain management!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #52
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

Wow, delivery is the last thing on my mind right now. I am just focused on getting through each day, let alone the end. The morning sickness gave me a break for about a week, but came back even stronger. Then yesterday evening I started having contractions while trying to eat supper. It was horrible but thankfully went away after I went to bed.

I just keep praying that this baby survives all the misery my body is throwing at them. I get another ultrasound next Thursday so I have high hopes and will feel much more at ease once I see the baby moving and the heartbeating.

Best of luck to everyone as they go through each day, I really don't mean to bring anyone down.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #53
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, I have some exciting news!!! I felt movement last night!!!

I thought I had been feeling some light flutters for the last couple of days, but I figured it was too early. But last night (@ 15 w and 2 d), I was working on one of my grad classes, had the laptop in my lap, and definitely felt something that was NOT gas. It was enough for me to stop typing mid-sentence and then I felt it again! So, I layed down with my daughter and felt it about 4 more times...so I can positively say I have felt flutters!

It's so weird because I didn't feel anything with dd until I was 19 weeks along. I know that it's different with first time mothers though. I'm just shocked it happened this early! It was like tiny taps from the inside. Can't wait til it gets stronger!

How's everyone doing???

Last edited by LauraLu; 07-20-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 AM   #54
(female)

Estoria HB User

Funny that you felt it yesterday because I did too! It was in the afternoon when I was sitting here at my laptop(also like you lol!) and I felt this fluttery movement that went up and down my left side. At first I didn't really notice but it tickled and moved so I stopped and paid attention. It was so surreal. I couldn't believe it! It was so ticklish though that it made me itchy! You know when a light, fluttery touch makes you want to scratch?!? That was me! Then later on when I was having a nap with my youngest, I felt actual firmer touches. Three or so of them again on the left side. I think the baby likes that side as I only felt one fluttery touch on my right side when I pulled up my shirt the first time to see if I could see anything and the baby moved. It's very exciting! This is my fourth so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised but it's been almost 5 years since my last. Btw I am 16 weeks today.

Congrats on feeling your baby! WOOHOO!

Sarah

Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 AM   #55
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Jealous!! I want to feel the babies SOOO bad!!! I felt SO much better after feeling DS move around. It calmed my nerves. I am 13 wks Friday, so I still have a little bit to go. I go for my next appointment on the 6th, which feels like forever! But, I should get my big ultrasound the appointment after that. I am so ready to know the genders of these babies!

Old 07-26-2010, 04:11 AM   #56
(female)

thebug85 HB User

hello ladies,

I had an OB appointment last week and the baby's heart beat was 130 the dr. said it sounds like a boy. I think I felt the baby move the other day. Kinda felt like someone poking me in the belly.

hope everyone is doing well and having a healthy pregnancy.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #57
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

So since I'm probably the last one due in January and I just passed my first trimester, I just want to say congrats to all of us for making it through!

Things are starting to come around in my world. I've been run through the ringer of tests and so far things are all looking good. I've just been watching my diet lately and have noticed no problems since. I had an ultrasound last Thursday and was so tickled when I saw the toes on his little feet kicking around. I go back tomorrow for a checkup and to review all the test results.

Side note, I think subconciously I really want another boy, so I always refer to the baby as he. I don't know if I'm going to find out or not, too afraid I'll be disappointed if it's a girl.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #58
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey dolphin ~
I can completely relate to you saying that you'd like another of the same gender. Maybe it's because it's familiar, because I sometimes feel this way too. I have joked with my husband, "But honey, I don't know how to raise a boy!" I really think that you will no doubt fall in love with whatever gender baby you have. We're built that way!
I remember thinking in my 1st pregnancy that I would have been disappointed if the ultrasound tech told me "boy" because I was so dead-set on having a girl. It was a girl, and of course I was excited...she's SOOO much fun to love, cuddle, and dress up in cute frilly outfits...but the idea of having a boy is exciting - it's like your own personal little man!
I'm so glad that everything looks healthy for your baby because ultimately that is what is truly important.
We're getting closer and closer to our ultrasound appointment, and I'm still not breaking on finding out the sex...although others think we will, lol. I'm a little over 16 weeks and we go for the alpha fetoprotein testing next week, so my fingers are crossed. We did not do the first trimester screening.
Anyway, hope the other January mommies are hanging in there and starting to get used to maternity clothing (again for some of us!).

Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #59
(female)

thebug85 HB User

I broke down and wore my first set of maturity clothes the other day. We won't get to find out the sex until i am 24 weeks which will be at the end of sept. I turned down the testing for Downs.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #60
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

I'm not even anywhere close to showing yet!! And still losing weight really slowly *sigh* Oh well if I never make it into maternity clothes it will save me a few $$$, right? Maybe it's taking so long to show since this is my first?

I too am going to refuse testing for downs... they did get me for a triple screen in the first trimester because I had no idea what all that blood was going for and it came out all right, I don't need anything to make me worry. We want to know the gender, so we sure are gonna get that ultrasound!

thebug85 - Glad you got to hear the heartbeat!! That was such a relief for us, and I can't wait until my next appointment in 2 weeks to hear it again!

dolphin27 - That is great that you got to see the ultrasound!! I am glad you are finally feeling better too!

I hope everybody is feeling good and having a great pregnancy

Closed Thread