It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2011 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #61
(female)

Betty Bee HB User
Re: January Babies

I had my third ultra sound yesterday. It was a level 2 and so awesome to see the fingers and toes clearly. They checked the heart, lungs, kidneys, spine, stomach, and brain. Everything looks great! I also had my alpha protein blood work done which I'll get the results in a weeks or so. I go back for a 4th ultrasound in 4 weeks. The heart beat was amazing to hear! I always get a little nervous for a few seconds right before I hear the heart beat...and then there it is!! The baby was at 147 bpm. I remember my last pregnancy the heart beat was much higher andI had a boy...hmmm do you think it makes a difference as to what gender it is?? We are not finding out the sex of the baby and we are having lots of fun coming up with girl and boy names! Laura Lu did you say you are going to wait to find out the gender? I too started feeling flutters in my lower abdomen last week. I'm 17 weeks along and the baby is measuring 17 weeks and 4 days and is 7 ounces!

Last edited by Betty Bee; 07-27-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #62
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I am in limbo right now between feeling a little better, not feeling the babies yet, and I don't have a drs appt until the 6th. I am a nervous wreck right now since I can't feel the babies and its still a while before I see my dr. I am also having really bad round ligament pain. I have had some lower pelvis cramping, but I had a c section with DS so I was kind of thinking it was because the scar tissue is stretching. The dr said that might happen. I just wish I had a doppler at home and could hear my babies whenever I want!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2010, 04:24 AM   #63
(female)

Estoria HB User

I am glad everyone is doing well. I wish I was in the same boat as far as weight gain and maternity clothes goes. Unfortunately I am not. I have gained 14 pds already and I have been in maternity clothes since around 6-8 wks. I was told by the nurse at the hospital that women gain weight quicker with each pregnancy and since this is my sixth I guess that makes sense. I haven't been eating junk food so its not that. My DH told my MIL that last night because of course that is what she assumed. He told her I have been eating a lot of veggies and fruits as it is what I crave which is true. I don't get it! Grr! My mom is convinced I am having twins which again I am not. At least that is what they told me at my last U/S at 13 wks. I tried to go off my Diclectin at 15 wks for a week and I hardly ate all week. I think I had one meal a day so back on it I went. I am still on it but the MS is getting worse as I am now nauseus in the evening. UGH! Oh well! I am very much showing and I have felt the baby move quite a bit this week. I am 17 wks today!

Mellow - Yes that is probably it. I have heard that with a lot of new moms. I was the opposite but I think it has to do with your skin type. I got a LOT of stretch marks with my first so I grew fast. What does your doctor say about you losing weight still?

The bug - I am also going to find out the sex. I find out next month in about 3 wks! We don't really have names picked out yet but we have middle names and I do have a first name for a girl that hubby says is growing on him.

Betty Bee - I bet that was exciting! I can't wait to see all that in 3 wks. Wow so much detail too I am glad everything looks great. It feels so good to know your baby is doing so well.

Fruit - I can relate to the round ligament pain. I have had that and this week I also got sciatica. Not fun and hurt too. Oh the things we go through but all worth it! I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about the doppler. I wanted one too but now that I can feel the baby I feel much better. I hope you feel your babies soon so that you can be at ease

Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #64
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Wow Estoria, I sure hope your nausea goes away soon!! I'm switching to a midwife and my first appointment will be in about 2 weeks. After mentioning my continuing weight loss, I was told to keep a journal for a few days just to see what I am actually eating. I am sure my MW will be quite surprised to see that I am gorging myself on massive amounts of calories, lol. I had a phone consult with a nurse yesterday for a maternity program and she told me it's fairly normal to be losing, even without having had morning sickness but I still won't be relaxed until I can feel baby moving on a regular basis.

I too have sciatica, but have had it long before getting pregnant. I finally got to go to the chiropractor though, and thankfully in time because my pelvis is tilted horribly out of whack, it's no wonder I was having days I could hardly walk! So I am getting some much needed relief there, thank goodness, and it should help when it's time for delivery as well.

fruitloop, I hope you keep feeling better too, it sounds like hopefully you are almost done with morning sickness! The round ligament pain sounds awful, I hope it eases for you. I asked hubby if we could get a doppler yesterday for my own peace of mind but he said we'd be fine and didn't need one, I am still anxiously awaiting those movements too.

Betty, how exciting for the ultrasounds! I can't wait for our next one, but we have to wait about 5 more weeks! I think it's always fun trying to guess gender, but also think I read somewhere that heart rate was the least reliable wives' tale?? I dunno, but you'll be finding out soon enough

Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #65
(female)

Betty Bee HB User

Fruit-Mellow--I know you must be anxiously awaiting to feel movement--at first i didn't think i was feeling the baby--i thought it was something else-i don't feel it all the time maybe twice a day. i can't wait for the movements to get stronger. I'm fortunate not to have sciatica or round ligament pain but I've recently been blessed with an umbilical hernia. It hurts most days especially now when I cough or sneeze, but I guess things could be worse right? Let's hope we all have healthy pregnancies!!!How far along are you? I should know this by reading back the post but I'm lazy!!! lol

You will all have to tell me how the doppler works, where to get it, price etc...I bought a really cheap monitor from Babies R Us and it doesn't work. any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited by Betty Bee; 07-29-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #66
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Thanks for that Betty... I was eying a cheap monitor from Babies R Us, forget about it now . I don't think we are going to get a doppler *shrugs* oh well. Right now I'm 14w+4... It's hard enough keeping track of myself let alone how far along everyone here is, he he.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #67
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Wednesday evening I started having, what I felt like was contractions. I drank lots of water and rested for a few hours but it didn’t stop. I called the dr and he said contractions at 14 wks is almost impossible. So he told me to go to the ER bc they would not see me in labor and delivery until I am 20wks. So I went to the ER and they did blood work, urine test, u/s, and pelvic exam (side note: ER drs should NEVER do pelvic exams!! Dude did NOT know how to be gentle!) Anyways, all came back totally fine. The twins are measuring big, which is par for the course. I was released at 1:30 am and they told me to go to my dr later that day. I went and they did another u/s and measured my cervix which was totally fine. SO they determined that my yard work in 98 degree temps and dehydration were to blame for the “cramps”. I really did feel like I was having contractions, but who knows. Anyways, it’s been crazy, but I am so very thankful that the babies are doing well and growing.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #68
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Another place I go the January gals are already talking about having BH! So maybe it's not all that impossible, especially if it's not your first pregnancy? One of my providers also cautioned me about it being so hot, said that when there is even a tiny bit of dehydration the uterus is the first organ in the body to be affected.

I am glad that everything came back fine, it sounds like you had an awful scare! And how horrible sounding that exam, ugh! Take care fruitloop, and stay cool!

Old 08-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #69
(female)

Catra HB User

Due Jan 6 here

Old 08-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #70
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Welcome, Catra!

Old 08-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #71
(female)

zadnyl HB User

Frootloop: When I had my first ultrasound at 14 weeks I was having a BH contraction. The ultrasound tech showed it to me. I'm not sure why your doc would say it's impossible.

This is my first and I'm due Jan 25th. My next appointment with the MW is the 18th and I'm super excited!

Last edited by zadnyl; 08-12-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Closed Thread