It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2011 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User
Hey July Moms...

Turns out I am an June mom! Here's the story....

On June 24th, I wasn't feeling too well at work (I work at a clinic) and went and talked to one of the doctors there and they took my blood pressure and it was 150/110!! Yikes! I am on medication before/during my pregnancy for high blood pressure. So she ordered labs and sure enough there was protein in my urine. Not only that, but I had feet the size of Shreck, and a mild headache. The doctor instructed me to call our hospital and tell them I was on my way in to be evaluated. I waited on my SO to come home and we didn't get to the hospital until about 6:30. My bp did not go down since then and had actually raised and about 7, they told me I would be delivering my baby girl at 36w5d. I had pre-eclampsia!!! I was terrified. I cried and had a panic attack and told them to just send me home!!! Well, needless to say, at 8:11, my Lilly was born. She weighed 6lbs7oz and was 20 inches long. They swept her away and when I got back to my room the doc came in and told me that my daughter had swallowed some amniotic fluid and it was in her lungs. So they were going to keep a close eye on her.

The next morning at about 8, the doc came in again and said they were life flighting her to a bigger hospital that had a NICU and she had to go immediately. She was in critical condition. So here we are 5 days later, and she is still in the NICU but she is off all oxygen and getting ready to start some feedings. It has been a rough few days, and I wasnt sure if I could make it thru some of them, but it has been getting better. I will let you know when I get to bring my baby girl home!

Keep me posted girls! And good luck to you!

heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
(female)

froggie83 HB User
Re: Hey July Moms...

congrats on having your baby, i hope that she is doing well and that she gets to come hime soon.
i am sorry to hear that your lil girl has had such a traumatic start but it sounds like all will soon be well!
congratulations again!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User

Oh wow... what a quick emotional ride. I'm glad to hear you are doing well though and it sounds like they're taking the best care possible for your little one. Hopefully she'll be feeding well now and be able to come home soon. Will keep your little one in my prayers. Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Congratulations on the birth of little Lilly!

I also had pre-eclampsia the last time around so I know how scary it can be. Sounds like she is in good hands and progressing nicely.

Best of luck to you. Try to stay positive and before you know it you'll be home enjoying your sweet blessing.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User

Got to bring Ms. Lilly home last Friday, so she was in a week. She is doing great and only lost 1 oz!! I am so grateful!! I am in hardly any pain, and our son is just about as in love with her as we are!

Thanks for the replies! It was very emotional, but nothing could be better than having my family together!!

Closed Thread