It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2011 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User
Re: January Mommas Part 2

Hello girls! Well, we had the u/s yesterday and the twins are looking awesome. I am 18w5d and they are measuring 19w5d and 19w4d, so they are getting nice and BIG! I personally am measuring 28 weeks!! SO yeah, I am huge!! Everything looks great so far and we are SUPER excited about the genders. My son will now have a little brother and SISTER to play with! I will have the only female grandchild on both sides!! We are very excited. Their names are David Joshua and Abbigail Sofia.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Yea fruitloop!!! Reading that just put a big smile on my face, how wonderful!!! Good to hear everything is going well, I hope you are feeling great! How exciting for you and your family . Your babies names are lovely

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

I'm so excited for you fruitloop. It's lots of fun to hear the genders.

I had a check up on Monday. They took a blood sample for genetics testing. The results came back and I show markers for Open Neural Tube Defects. I was referred on to a perinatologist and will have that appointment on the 14th. I was told they will most likely do an ultrasound to thoroughly examine the anatomy of the baby to see if there are any signs of what the exact problem could be. We're staying positive that it could be minor, but keeping a level head that it could be worse. The morning sickness doesn't seem so bad anymore.

We're going on a family vacation over the holiday weekend, and I'm so excited and I just hope the days pass quickly!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #19
(female)

thebug85 HB User

Yay Fruitloop. Thanks so exciting. Those are beautiful names. WE go for our ultrasound on the 23rd.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

dolphin - I'm sure you are anxiously awaiting your US appointment. You and DH are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope everything comes out OK for baby. Glad you are finally starting to feel better!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #21
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

We had our 2nd trimester US yesterday. Everything looked good, but baby was bouncing around so much the whole time they couldn't get the right picture they needed for the heart, but it looked OK they said. It turns out I'm not actually feeling the kicks yet, it's been baby head butting me the whole time, lol.The tech told me I'm gonna get it pretty bad in the ribs when I do start feeling it.

We got to bring home a cute DVD and a bunch of fuzzy pictures . And it's a boy

Old 09-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #22
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

Congrats mellow, boys are so much fun. I'm praying for another boy this time, but will take whatever I get.

Have you thought at all about names?

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I did some research on the situation, and while it doesn't look good if the baby does have it, I still have my hopes up. I talked some more with my doctor's office about what it meant, and they said it was a 1 in 70 chance of the baby having it. A normal, healthy pregnancy is 1 in 1,000. So I'm glad they made me aware of the situation, and I'm glad they are having it checked out before the baby arrives. But in my head I'm thinking 1 in 70, really, that's not that great of odds if you ask me. So I keep telling myself that God just wanted me to have an extra chance to see the little one to let me know how blessed I am to be expecting #2.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #23
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Congrats Mellow!!! Boys are SOO much fun. I LOVE my boy!
My u/s with him needed a redo with the heart, and so does the one with the twins, but if there was something wrong, they wouldn't be growing well. And trust me, they are growing!

Dolphin: I am keeping my hopes up for a positive outcome for you. I would have the same mentality about 1 out of 70... not great odds. I am sure everything will be fine

Old 09-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

I've been following the posts but just haven't had the time to respond.

Dolphin ~ I am truly sorry that you have to go through this. Even if things turn out to be fine, it still would tear me up to be thinking about it. You seem to have a really good outlook on the situation though, and I am saying a few extra prayers your way.

Mellow ~ Congratulations on seeing your little baby boy! That is way cool that you were able to get a DVD of the experience! We asked if we could video tape it, but we were denied. Those kicks are going to get super strong now - you're at the point of no return, lol. I remember having a CONSTANT pain under my right ribs because of all the kicking...you'll do ok though I'm sure!

Fruitloop ~ Woo-hoo on a boy and a girl!!! You'll never mix them up! Haha! My brother has twin boys (fraternal), and they used to put a big "O" on the bottom of Owen's foot so they wouldn't get confused. Poor kid! I love the names you've picked - truly beautiful and classic.

Things are well on my end. I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow and feeling baby move ALL the time - this kid actually wakes me up at night. It's SO completely different than when I was preggo with my daughter.

Hey, I wanted to ask you ladies if you're dressing up for Halloween? I need some good ideas - I did the pregnant nun thing 2 years ago (with a beach ball), so that's out...anything else? My hubby suggested pregnant catholic school girl and he'd be the priest . Are you guys dressing up??

Old 09-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #25
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Laura Lu: you could be Bonnie from the Family Guy LOL

Old 09-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #26
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

Well, I'm happy to report only good news after today's appointment. The baby looked great, everything was developed/developing right on track. I am however "high risk" mainly just to watch for continued healthy growth of the baby. I was all excited for a little boy, but was shocked to find out it's a girl!

Thank you everyone for all your support, I'm so glad the worrying is over. Hoping everyone else is find out great news too.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #27
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Woo Hoo, what good news!! I hope that you can relax now, mama . High risk... will that mean more pictures of the baby too . And congrats on your girl, what a wonderful surprise!!

Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

YAY Dolphin!!!

I am truly happy for you. You must be over the moon about the wonderful news you've received! All of those prayers worked!

Little girls are the BEST! I wouldn't trade mine for the world. It's funny b/c when I was pregnant with her in 2007, I swore up and down that there would be no frilly princess stuff allowed, lol...and now the kid knows the name of every single Disney princess and plans to dress up as a "Angelina Ballerina" for Halloween. You are going to LOVE having a little girl to play dress up with. Any names picked out yet??

Old 09-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #29
(female)

thebug85 HB User

I am 24 weeks and found out today that we are having a little boy . Can not wait to meet Ethan Connor! I schedule me for a 3D/4D ultrasound October 25.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Awww, congrats bug! I love the name Ethan!

Closed Thread