It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2011 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #31
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User
Re: January Mommas Part 2

Just checking in and wishing all the mamas well!!!

I'm starting to really feel the movement now, it's so cool! I am starting to be able to see my belly move and I've gotten a couple kicks/hits I could feel from the outside, I can't wait for hubby to catch those!! We've had a couple rounds of hiccups too

Old 10-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #32
(female)

thebug85 HB User

Has anyone's milk started to come in? I am almost 27 weeks and have this clear stuff coming from my nipples. I call the nurse she said it was my milk starting to come in. Is it to soon for that? Does that mean I will go into labor soon?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #33
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Mine has been kind of leaking for a few weeks now. I think it just means everything is getting ready. I am 24 wks now, but the weird thing is my breasts do not feel as full as they did in the beginning.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Yup, mine started coming in at around 23 weeks. I will be 28 weeks Friday.

I went for my glucola testing this afternoon - I forgot how much I hated drinking that stuff - ewww! I go tomorrow for my rhogam shot since I am Rh negative...fun times.

Baby is doing well though - head down! Yay! Anyone having sciatic nerve pain? Mine has been kicking in for the last few weeks and it's horrible!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #35
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

My sciatic has been KILLING me!! I cannot walk at all after its triggered. I have to stretch out my hip and leg to relieve the pressure.
My feet are swelling so bad too! I also have a knot on the bottom of my right foot. My OB sent me for an Xray bc he thought it could be from a stress fracture. It is not fractured, but it sure does hurt Oh well, all thats not really important is. The most important part is that the babies are doing great. I go for another u/s in 2 wks. I am pretty excited to see the babies again!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #36
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Hi girls!! Hope everyone is doing well .

Sorry to hear about your foot, fruitloop, that sounds awful, particularly on top of the swelling.

I've got some sciatica too, but had it long before the pregnancy began, we've just been trying to keep it from getting worse. Ended up in the hospital at my MW's direction a couple weeks ago... I had incredible pain that I suspected was a UTI or bladder infection. When they checked me I wasn't in full pre-term labor but a fingertip dilated and having very mild contractions. That hospital was a horrendous experience but thankfully I got to go home that night.

To top it off my provider just told me he's relocating to another state long before I deliver, so I have to switch providers again. After what happened in the hospital I decided to choose a free standing birth center instead of the stress of a hospital setting, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything stays normal and low risk with the pregnancy so I will be able to deliver there.

Glucose screen and first appointment at the new provider next week, hopefully smooth sailing from here on out

Old 10-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey January mommas ~
Well, I failed my one hour glucola last week. This morning I was at the hospital from 6:30 to 11 am being poked, prodded, and tested again. Holy cow, what a nightmare. I never had to go through all that with my daughter. Thank goodness it's over! I should get my results Monday or Tuesday with hopefully a big stamp of approval.
So, how is everyone's weight gain? I feel like I just keep eating and gaining. I swear I'm hungry ALL the time. I'm 29 weeks today and have already put on 27 lbs. HA!
Happy Saturday and hope everyone's feeling great!

Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #38
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Sending positive thoughts your way, LauraLu. I just had my 1 hour challenge yesterday morning and absolutely dread the possibility of getting poked for 3 hours.

My weight gain has been pretty small so far, I am 26+6 and have gained about 5-7 pounds since pre-pregnancy. The new midwife I have told me I should only be gaining 10-15 for my entire pregnancy . I am a little fluffy, but at a solid "size 12" I don't consider myself obese, and being told that makes me feel like I'm being told to lose a few off myself while I'm trying to grow a baby at the same time! I'm not going to feel bad if I put on a little more than she is recommending, but will have a hard time keeping some opinions to myself if she gets started on me about it again (she got really hung up on my diet for a bit too!). I was already hyper-aware of everything that went into my mouth, she sure didn't help me in that area any and if anything now I feel a little neurotic about what I'm eating. *SIGH* Thanks though, I needed to rant.

I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy pregnancy

Old 10-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #39
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

Well, it's been a while since my last check in with everyone, and maybe you'll want me to leave. I have yet to gain any weight with this pregnancy. At my last check up, I was down 23 lbs. I only wish I was able to keep the weight off post pregnancy. The same thing happened with my first. I was down 17lbs and at the 6 week postpartum check up I was back to prepregnancy weight. I'm 26 weeks now, and with the first I did put a couple pounds back on in the 3rd trimester, so I have room to gain.

So I have a question for you. What is the most embarassing part of the pregnancy for you? For some reason I have the stuffy nose pregnancy symptom, and would do anything to be able to do at least one of my 20 daily sneezes without wetting my pants. I've been doing Kegels religiously and doesn't seem to help.

Best wishes to all with the glucose screenings. Hoping everyone passes in the end.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #40
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Hey mommas! The twins are doing great. David is around 2lbs14oz and Abby is around 2lbs3oz. She is REALLY low in my pelvis, so they didn't get a really great check on her weight but they think she's actually closer to Davids! That would mean at 27 wks I have roughly almost 6lbs of baby in me!!! DH asked the dr if I make it in to January, will they be about 7lbs, and with not hesitation the dr said yes. Then he said, and add in the placentas, sacs, and fluid and we're talking about a total combined weight of 20lbs. Holy cow these kids are going to be big! Big babies are fine with me though. I will do another glucose test next week. I passed at 20 wks, so I'm hoping to pass again. I've gained more weight than I wanted, but for twins, I'm doing good. I've gained 33lbs. My legs and feet are SO swollen! I cannot wear regular shoes anymore, I wear nice looking house shoes to work, which is pretty funny because my schools dress code is very strict. I just have to laugh at them thinking I'm going to be in regular shoes. I plan on working until Dec. 17th. That should give me time to rest up before the kids get here.
Hope everyone else is also doing great!!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #41
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Great to hear about the twins, Fruitloop!! And kudos to keeping up with your work too, I think that is awesome! Wishing you luck on your next glucose test as well

I think fatigue is starting to set in, and I've noticed a little bit of swelling in my feet and ankles. I've been so busy that I've not been walking lately, so hopefully that will help. Someone told me that when you get really tired/sleepy at the end of the second and into the 3rd trimester is when the baby is hitting a growth spurt(s), so maybe I will just eat some more and go to bed earlier . I ended up passing my glucose test, yea

Hope all the mamas are doing well

Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Ladies ~ So glad to hear that everyone is doing pretty well with their pregnancies! Fruitloop, do you have a scheduled date for a C-Section yet? Sorry if you have already posted about that, sometimes I'm just slow, lol.

I got great news last week that I passed my 3 hour glucola...woohoo! What a relief that is. Good luck to everyone still in that process b/c it completely kicked my butt!

We are officially into our 2 week appointment schedule on my end. We had our 30 week check-up last Friday and baby looks/sounds good. Heartbeat was 130 this time and usually it has been around 145/150. Soooo...I'm definitely feeling boy, even though there's no proof in that wive's tale at all.

Does anyone else notice that they feel "less" pregnant when waking up and "more" pregnant in the evening? Lol...my back is definitely giving me some issues. I'm all belly this time around and I feel as though I've smuggled a basketball under my shirts most days.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hello!

Happy Tuesday all!
Laura

Last edited by LauraLu; 11-02-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #43
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I wish I could plan a c/s but my hospitals policy is, if it is before the 38th week, I have to either get a amino (which I object to unless totally necessary) or I go into labor on my own. If I go into labor on my own or the doctor sees it fit for me to go to the maternity unit, I will tell them that I want a c/s and not to prep me other wise. My dr knows that is what I want, and he is really good about giving me what I want

Old 11-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #44
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLu View Post
Does anyone else notice that they feel "less" pregnant when waking up and "more" pregnant in the evening? Lol...my back is definitely giving me some issues. I'm all belly this time around and I feel as though I've smuggled a basketball under my shirts most days.
Laura
LOL, absolutely!!! It's like a switch gets flipped at some point getting on into evening and I totally feel pregnant, exhausted waddle and all. I've got the basketball look too, but thankfully it hasn't bothered my back any, I can probably thank the chiropractor for that .

Old 11-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #45
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I wish there was a time of day when I felt not as pregnant I just feel super duper prego by the end of the day.

On a side note, and a very personal one for everyone... How is everyones bedroom life going? I have had ZERO desire for sex for months. I am not even kidding, months! Now even if I wanted to, I am scared for preterm labor or that contrations will start. When I was prego with DS around the 28 wk mark, DH and I had sex and the next day I was in the hospital with contractions. The dr said no more bedroom buisness until after 36 wks. I know DH is frustrated, and we've talked about it, but what can I do? I know there are other things we could do, but I have even LESS desire to do any of those things. I dont think there is much I can do about it, but its nice to vent.

Closed Thread