It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2011 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #46
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: January Mommas Part 2

Fruitloop ~ Wow, I feel like I've just read my pregnancy story! I also have zero interest in sex. DH and I went for 3 weeks with NO sex, had sex, then went another 4 weeks with no sex...Yeah TMI I know. We finally did the deed over the weekend, but it was awkward, like we both forgot how and what to do, lol. Most days I am just too darn tired to initiate it. AND, I get really annoyed if he tries to pull a move on me...it's like, "Seriously, buddy, you want to do THAT? NOW? Don't you know how tired I am??" Lol.

I appreciate the post and I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I was pregnant with dd, I had no sex drive in my second trimester and then I wanted it all the time...in fact, that's how I started labor with her!

Let's just say it's definitely not first priority in my life!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #47
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Ah, the bedroom life. I must be one of those "lucky" ones whose sex drive went through the roof when they got pregnant. Too bad it has only served to frustrate me, lol. I think hubby has felt more pregnant than me the whole while and he works a lot, so love behind closed doors has been catch as catch can lately. It doesn't help that we were really overdoing it when TTC... there was a run of two months where we DTD at least once every day which didn't result in conception. It does help a little that I'm feeling run down now in the 3rd trimester so I'm not missing it nearly as much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #48
(female)

thebug85 HB User

I hope everyone is doing well in their pregnancies!

I am now 32 weeks and Dr says everything looks good. I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions. Anyone else having these? Does it mean that my little guy will come early?

Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #49
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebug85 View Post
I hope everyone is doing well in their pregnancies!

I am now 32 weeks and Dr says everything looks good. I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions. Anyone else having these? Does it mean that my little guy will come early?
Hey! I am 33 weeks and have not had these at all! I heard an old wives tale that if you get them, you'll have a shorter labor. My labor with dd was fast though (also no bh contractions with her). I went from 4 cm to 10cm in 5 hours.

I don't think it will make your baby come any earlier though. They aren't strong enough to do anything.

So what exactly do they feel like and when do you get them? Sometimes I wonder if I do get them or if it's just baby pushing his/her butt out.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:47 AM   #50
(female)

thebug85 HB User

At first they felt like sharp pains in my belly. Now they feel like period like cramps that last about 15-20 seconds then come back 30-45 later.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #51
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

I've been getting them too... for me it's like a major tightening across my abs and down a little lower too, my belly gets really firm to touch if you press on it. I'm just now starting to get stuff that feels like period cramps too, and aches in my pelvic bones.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #52
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Hello all! I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving. Well, its been a crazy week for me and the twins. I think since I had a plan laid out for this week, they wanted to put in their 2 cents! On Monday while at work, I was feeling a lot of pain and pressure in my lower abdomen. Every time I took a step, my pelvis felt like it was going to break open. I wasnít feeling contractions, but decided to call the dr. They had me go to labor and delivery to be checked out. I wasnít dilated, but 40% effaced. Then I started to have some pretty big contractions while the dr was standing there. They gave me a shot to stop them, and it worked for about a hour. They sent me home with a Rx for terbutaline and was told to take it if I had more than 6 contractions in a hour. They told me not to go to work for the rest of the week, which wasnít hard since I only had to work Monday and Tuesday. I had a normal drs appt and u/s Tuesday. The twins are doing great! I am technically 30 wks, but they are as big as 32wk gestational babies, and of course my belly is measuring 44cm!! Abby is 4lbs8oz and David is 4lbs6oz!! The dr predicts they will each be at least 6.5lbs by the time they are born. He said between now and 34 wks they will do everything they can to stop labor, then between 34-36 wks they wonít try as hard, but will probably give me steroids. After 36 wks, they wonít stop it at all. New Years eve is 36 wks on the dot!! Everything was going well Wed, but in the afternoon I started up with contractions again. I contracted through the meds, and they had me back in L&D. By the time I got there, the contractions had stopped, but I was still in a lot of lower abdominal pain. TMI time!! Iíve been having diarrhea since Monday evening, and they think thatís where the discomfort is coming from. I am not dehydrated, and there is nothing else wrong, but this diarrhea will not go away!! Is anyone else having this issue? I am trying not to eat spicy or greasy things, and Iíve stepped up my fiber intake, but I am still having the issue and its getting more than a little old! Anyways, no major contractions since Wed, and almost everything else is fine. I am going to try to go back to work Monday but if its too much of a strain, I will probably have to start my leave. I was hoping to make it to December 17th, which means only 15 working days, but the twins will dictate how well that turns out! Hope everyone has a fun time getting ready for the holidays!!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #53
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Ladies!
Here's hoping that everyone is doing/feeling great!

Fruitloop ~ Wow! Sounds like you could be delivering very soon. My sister-in-law (brother's wife) had a set of twins in March o7'. She delivered her little boys at 37 1/2 weeks. It was also her first pregnancy though...so you may go even earlier! How do you think your son will react??

I'm getting more and more nervous about this baby, mostly b/c I don't know how my daughter will react. She's become quite unpredictable lately. She'll be 3 1/2 when I deliver and she is SO set in her ways...uggg. My last day of work is Dec. 23rd, which I am very thankful for. I *should* have about 2 weeks to plan and prep for this little one. We have clothing gathered and ready to go, a bassinet, pack n play, bottles, diapers, wipes, etc. We still do not have a regular crib though. The crib we used with our daughter was recalled when she turned two...so we just moved her into a big girl bed. I hope "Santa" (mom & dad) bring us one for Christmas!

I go for my group B test next week. I just cannot believe that everything is happening so soon. This pregnancy has FLOWN by for me. Our hospital offers a "Ready and Waiting" program which we will attend next week as well. We can fill out preadmission forms and get another tour of the maternity ward. When I was in the hospital with my daughter, I felt like a prisoner. I never left the room b/c I didn't know the protocol about taking walks, security, visitors, and all that other stuff. I'd really like to be more prepared this time. Anyone else doing something like this?

Keep posting girls! I'd love to hear about your progress!

Old 12-08-2010, 04:31 AM   #54
(female)

thebug85 HB User

Are any of you having problems sleeping? I can't sleep for the life of me. Its not a comfort or a bathroom thing I just can't sleep. And when I sleep I hear every little noise around me.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #55
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Wow fruitloop, it sounds like you are getting really close already! I hope you are staying comfortable

LauraLu, we still have yet to take a hospital tour as well. Being new to the area, with this pregnancy I have already been inside of 4 different hospitals already, and this will be the 5th . Even though we are planning to use a free-standing birth center, we still need to do all the pre-admission stuff at the hospital in case we need to transfer. Probably going to try and do that next week or the week after. I can soooo wait for this little one to get here, my pregnancy has gone by so fast as well and I am still feeling good.

By now I am feeling swamped with appointments on my schedule! I will be glad when things are back to whatever normal is going to be . Lately I have been trying out new recipes of stuff that I can freeze to have easy on hand for after baby arrives and I am too pooped to throw together meals from scratch! We are ready for the most part, I think. All the baby stuff is washed and put away and we have most of what we need. The only snags I am expecting is maybe being a little overwhelmed at first postpartum since it'll be just me and hubby, and I'm trying to get stuff in the best order possible now so the transition of having a brand new person in the family will go more smoothly.

thebug... YES, I am having major sleep issues as well!! Have been for a week or two now. I actually got asked at my appointment yesterday if I was having sleep difficulty yet, it's seemingly normal due to the increase of some of the hormones this late in pregnancy - Mom Nature's way of getting us ready to be sleep deprived . I can't nap either, that only makes it worse at night. At least the fatigue I had been feeling is gone.

I hope all the mamas are doing great

Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #56
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Birth story:
At 32wks2days (Sunday December 5) my water broke. Obviously, it was very unexpected. So much so, that I thought maybe I just peed myself LOL Anyway, I called the exchange and the dr thought the same thing until I told him that after waiting a little while I went back to the bathroom and the toilet paper was pinkish, so he told me to get to the hospital. Once I got there, they pumped me full of 2 bags of magnesium and gave me a shot of terbutaline. My contractions finally eased up. They decided that since my contractions had ceased, they would give me a shot of steroids and try to keep me from delivering for 2 days. Theyíve changed their policy about delivering within 24 hours of water breaking because they can monitor the mom and baby well enough to know that neither are in danger. If at any time, either me or the babies were in danger they would have delivered immediately. So, I sat in the hospital, not allowed to leave my bed all Monday or Tuesday. It was very hard because I have a 2 yo DS. I got another steroid injection Monday night. Wednesday morning, I was taken off the magnesium drip and my dr said that it was up to nature now. I was allowed to take a shower in the morning, and then sat around the rest of the day. The very worst part of it was that it was DS 2nd birthday!! That afternoon I began having contractions again. The qualifications for the C section were just that I was having contractions and they were painful. Once they became painful, the dr moved very quickly to deliver me. Luckily my family was already on their way up with DS so I could see him on his birthday. I got to see him for a few minutes before they took me to the OR. I had a C section with DS but I had already been in labor and had an epidural, so I was very out of it when they started everything. This time I was wide awake, and I was very scared. I am not sure exactly what I was scared of, but it took everything in my power to not cry. David Joshua was born at 5:48pm 5lbs3oz and Abbigail Sophia was born at 5:49pm 4lbs5oz. They were both breathing on their own, but were taken to the NICU right away. Once I was in recovery for a little bit, I was taken back to the NICU, in my hospital bed, to see the babies. They were both hooked up to oxygen by that time. On Thursday, at about 1 am, I was feeling up to a wheelchair ride to the NICU. I got to hold my beautiful babies for the first time. By Thursday afternoon we got a better idea of their condition. Abby is the one who broke her bag of water, so her lungs were working a little better than Davids. She was off the oxygen by Friday. David was off the oxygen very early Sunday morning. They were both being tube fed by Friday. I left the hospital Sunday, and leaving them was the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. I knew they were in the best care possible, but it still tore my heart apart to leave them. My mom brought me back to the NICU Monday morning and I got to spend a lot of time with each baby. Abby is still doing a little better than David. Monday night Abby began to nibble and I got to feed her a whole bottle Tuesday. David is not as interested in the bottle yet, but gestationally, they do not possess the suck/swallow/breath ability yet (Abbys just advanced) Today (Wednesday) they will get a brain u/s which is standard procedure for premies. They are 1 week old today, and I feel like this last week and a half has just been a crazy blur! We have been so fortunate that their early entry into the world has been positive. Now they will get to stay in the NICU growing, eating, and staying warm. I do not know when they get to come home yet, but I cannot wait. Every time I leave them, I count down the hours until I see them again.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #57
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

WOW, Fruitloop, CONGRGATULATIONS !!!!!

I am glad to hear you are doing well and babies are in good hands. It must be so difficult having to wait it out until they can come home, I hope it happens for you soon.

So it sounds like all three of you LO's share the same birthday, that is pretty neat! Hang in there mama, and I pray for your speedy recovery and the quick homecoming of your newest additions.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #58
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

Congrats Fruitloop on the babies, and super excited to hear all are doing well. You'll soon have both bundles at home!

How is everyone else doing with their last few weeks? I had a check up today nothing too exciting, was getting a little worried my little one didn't want to wait, but all looks good.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #59
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Been getting a lot more BH contractions, but they're not painful and I know it's my body "practicing" for the big event . I still feel pretty good overall, and it seems like I'm scrambling to get through my big "TO DO" list. I'm going to start cooking and freezing this weekend to help with the first 2 weeks of baby boot camp. GBS swab at the next appointment.

I know there's several of us getting pretty close to EDD's in the first week in January! How are the rest of the mamas doing?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #60
(female)

thebug85 HB User

I have started my leave from work today. The dr was concerned about my blood pressure being a little high. he gave me some meds for it. He is planning on inducing me at 38 weeks which is in a week and half.

Closed Thread