It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2011 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
January Mommas Part 2

Hi Ladies! I hope you don't mind that I've started another thread. I noticed the last one was getting a bit long!

We had another OB appointment today and so far so good! Baby had a good, strong heartbeat of 150. I'm feeling more and more movement and it's so wonderful to feel! I had forgotten how truly awesome it feels. I also had my blood drawn for the quad screening, so we should get results in about a week.

Other exciting news - we go for the ultrasound on the 20th! WooHoo, can't wait! Although we're not finding out the sex of the baby, we have not had an ultrasound yet, so we're beyond excited to see this little baby!

How is everyone else doing??

Last edited by LauraLu; 08-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User
Re: January Mommas Part 2

How exciting for you guys, LauraLu!!! We were amazed with our ultrasound and cannot wait to get the next one. No movement here yet, but I have stopped losing weight finally and I am even starting to show a *little bit* down low, but you can't really tell unless I'm wearing a sundress.

I have been feeling so klutzy as of late, it was real bad last week. Curiosity got the best of me so I looked up when was the peak time in pregnancy for the hormone relaxin to be produced. One of the peaks is around 14 weeks which surprised me a little but makes me feel better about tripping over my toes and dropping/knocking over everything I try to pick up . My boobs are having another growth spurt, and I discovered that the cup sizes at the "Motherhood Maternity" store run on the small side so alas going to wait it out on a new bra for now.

I am also feeling a bit more tired lately, and I feel like an airhead because I can't remember anything anymore. Starting to get more excited and have been buying a few outfits for baby on the hunch we're having a boy (saving the receipts of course). My first midwife appointment is next week.

I hope all the mamas are doing well !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Hey momma! I had an appt yesterday. I was 15 wks exactly and am measuring 20 wks bc of the twins. The twins are doing great tho. The dr did an u/s bc its still to early to use the doppler and find two heartbeats easily. They both have heartbeats in the 150 range. The next appt I go to is the BIG u/s. I am so excited to find out the genders!!

I am happy to hear everyone else is doing well. I've been very clumsy as of late also... And I've been a total airhead too. I can't remember where I put anything and I get all my words backwards. Ahhh, the joys of placenta brain!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
(female)

mommazwieback HB User

Hello all! Glad to stumble across this post. This has been a particularly rough pregnancy for me, and I am hoping to lift my spirits a little bit by talking about this baby. This one is number 2 for me, and I am due on January 9th. We find out the gender on the 30th of this month (hopefully), but I've got the distinct feeling that this one is a boy.
This pregnancy is a complete 180 from my last, I was overwhelmed with joy (and morning sickness) when I was pregnant with my DD. This time around, not so much. Moody would be putting it mildly. No morning sickness but severe gallbladder attacks plus some personal problems, job issues, and financial issues. I've definitely got the pre-baby blues. I've lost 6 lbs since the beginning of my pregnancy. It's so strange, I don't even feel pregnant. I felt pregnant with my first. Life is typically business as usual until its time for my monthly appointment. Maybe once I get to see the little feller again, this will begin to feel more real.
Anyone else feeling this roller coaster ride of emotions? Just curious, maybe I am the only January mommy that is a complete and total head case right now.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

How are all the mommas?

I just had my first midwife appointment and was very pleased. MW gave us over an hour in conversation, addressing all of our questions and concerns. I like how things are going already. We got to hear that wonderful heartbeat again, as we listened I could even hear my own in the background, it was pretty cool.

I am FINALLY starting to show, definitely got a preggo belly going on . I am out of my pants now, so when summer starts winding down I will certainly be shopping for some maternity clothes, just dealing with my tops riding high in the front now . Getting pumped for the next ultrasound in about 3 weeks or so .

mommazwieback - I don't think you're a total headcase . I am experiencing my first pregnancy, but like you I (still!!) don't feel pregnant at all, as I am told just enjoy it b/c if you felt pregnant you'd probably be feeling like crap . I've also lost weight since getting pregnant, all total in about 8 solid pounds, and I never had any morning sickness, I even increased my calories when I knew I was pregnant. I think I am finally done losing (I hope!) as I have hit 16 weeks and some change. Since day one I have also been inclined to think we're having a boy, we'll know for sure here soon . I hope things start getting better for you, being pregnant can be overwhelming enough without having lots of personal issues at the same time.

fruitloop - I am excited for you! Do you have an appointment yet for the next US? And can they tell what kind of twins they are from the US, or do you have to wait until they are here to see that (I guess if they are boy/girl it would be obvious though!)

Hope everything is going well for everyone!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey everyone ~ So, I got a doppler off of Eb@y and it arrived today! I was SO excited to use it! It would NOT work at all and I got so frustrated...until I got out some aloe vera gel, lol. Obviously, I don't have regular doppler gel. Then, it worked right away!!! I pick up the heartbeat immediately and it was SOOO cool! Now my mom can take a listen too, which I know she'll love!

Anyway, I am ready for summer to be over b/c I can no longer stand working in the heat. I teach 3rd grade and our school is on the second floor with NO air conditioning, yuck! Needless to say, getting this ready for the upcoming school year has been less than joyous.

This pregnancy seems to be going SO fast for me - I'm 19 weeks on Saturday, whoa!

Mellow ~ If you want to find some relatively "cheap" (in price) maternity tops, try Motherhood - I got two tops (solid color) for about $7 each. You'll be able to wear them well in September too and they'll cover that ugly panel on your shorts/pants. They also sell a really cool belly band that keeps up maternity pants that are still a bit too big - it's my life saver!

Let's keep each other updated on our ultrasounds/dates/genders!!! Can't wait to see what everyone is having!

Last edited by LauraLu; 08-12-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
(female)

Betty Bee HB User

Hi All! I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well and feeling good! I'll be 19 weeks on Monday and I feel this pregnancy is flying by compared to my first! I'm definitely showing a lot more than with the first. I compared my belly to my first preggers belly pics and I look as though I'm 30 weeks already! Gosh, I'm hoping to level off a bit or I'm in trouble! lol! I completed my quad screen 2weeks ago and the results were great! Including u/s and blood work. We are not finding out the gender of the baby so the u/s tech asked me to turn my head a few times during the screening! I feel as though it may be a girl...however I thought that with my first and it was a beautiful boy!

Momma z, my pregnancy is so much different than my first. I had and still do sometimes have terrible moodiness, I cry at Toyota commercials, or when anyone cries on TV and I'm exhausted all the time. My doc said if I wanted I could take an anti-depressent but I want to wait it out a while because I'd rather not. We've been going thru some financial issues so that certainly doesn't help. I understand where you're coming from and I hope you feel better soon!

U/S next Thursday! Can't wait!

Old 08-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
(female)

mommazwieback HB User

Well, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one suffering from the emos. I really was ready to pack my bag and check into an institution. I am usually much more in control of my emotions and right now its impossible to control it. My anxiety is the worst, even before I found out I was pregnant it started acting up out of control. I went shopping at walmart on a friday (which is busy at walmart) and I just couldn't breathe being around all those people. I was prescribed anti-depressants, but they make the problems I have going on with my gallbladder worse. IDK why, and I know its weird, I've always tolerated prozac fine before. I thought my nutrition was more important than my emotions, so I quit taking it and now my gallbladder issues are much milder in comparison. (9 days for an attack to subside as opposed to one or two)
I'm finally eating a bit, I am still having episodes of vomiting but they aren't as frequent. I think I am gaining back the weight that I lost, so that's always a plus. Now that I am feeling better, I was consdering starting a fitness program so that I can stay more active during this pregnancy. Any suggestions?
I hope everyone else's pregnancy is going well. We all should find out the genders soon (if not already), so that is exciting. I am almost 100% for certain that I am having a boy, I almost bought some boy stuff last night. I decided against it though, maybe I'm wrong.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey all!
We had our 20 week scan today and baby looks beautiful!!! I cried when I saw him/her, and it was just as exciting the first time around! The tech put the baby's picture in 4D and it was absolutely amazing!!! They never did that with dd 3 years ago.
My husband swears he saw the baby's genitals and feels 80% sure he knows the gender, but who knows. I still want that awesome surprise in January - one last Christmas present.
Anyone else have their ultrasound yet?? I know I'm one of the early moms on here - so I can't WAIT to read what everyone's going to be having!!!
The tech told us there seems to be a lot of soon-to-be Christmas babies this year. I just hope I can hold out until after the New Year.

Keep us posted mommas!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
(female)

thebug85 HB User

I am 19 weeks and I wont get an ultrasound until I am 24 weeks.. seems like forever away! Glad you got to see your baby. The closest place that does 3d or 4d ultrasounds is 75 miles away.. So I don't think I will getting one. lol

Old 08-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

That's so cool LauraLu! We are scheduled for our next ultrasound in a couple weeks, want to have hit that 20 week mark so we have the best chance of knowing the gender.

I hope your hubby can keep a secret !

Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
(female)

thebug85 HB User

Well i went to the dr. yesterday heard the heart beat. I am scheduled to go back 9/23 to find the gender of the baby.

Is anyone experiencing heartburn? I have it all the time!

Old 08-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Heartburn? yup... I've always had problems with GERD, but nexium has kept it nonexistent till last week... now I'm eating tums too, which seem to help pretty well.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

omg sitting here at the computer and just felt some very definite kicks or something similar!!! I've been getting a bit of flutters and such off and on, more so the last few days. The last 2 definitely couldn't be called flutters, someone sure did get my attention ! We are 19 weeks tomorrow, 9 days till the 2nd tri ultrasound!!

Old 08-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mellow ~ That's awesome that the kicks are getting stronger! It really is awesome and comparable to nothing else...my husband gets jealous, lol.

It's funny that you mentioned the kicks getting stronger. This kid is SOOOO active - way more than my daughter. When I was pregnant with her, I didn't feel anything until I was almost 20 weeks. I have been feeling this one since week 15 and actually seeing my stomach move since week 18.

By the way, my hubby broke down and told me he thinks it's a boy - but now he's doubting himself, lol. We'll see!

Closed Thread