It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2011 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
(female)

millyz_madness HB User
October Mummies

Hi ladies,
I got my bfp a few weeks ago and the online calculators tell me im due on the 10th of October 2011. Is there anybody else with me yet??

Milly

Old 02-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

kittenkaboodle HB User
Re: October Mummies

Hi Milly!

I'm not due in October, but due in late September (the 26th). I can't believe we are having another baby, can you? It seems like just yesterday we were all on the May 2009 Mommy board together.

I am so happy for you... let's keep in touch this pregnancy! How are you feeling? I've been noticing some symptoms that I never had with my DS. I have been feeling really ill with morning sickness most days, which I didn't have last time. But not really any other symptoms - no sore BBs, don't feel extremely tired, anything! Unless I'm feeling nauseous, I don't even feel pregnant! It's weird really.

Anyways, I hope you are doing well. Have a great weekend!

Kitten

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

Hi Kitten!!! I agree it feels like just yesterday we were posting with our DS's!! Im due early october so you never know I could go early and be in September or you could be a bit late n be an October mummy!!! Its so exciting isnt it! I havent had any of the symptoms with this pregnancy that i had with the last either.. With DS I had the sorest bbs ever this time nothing! Been feeling a bit crampy but more sort of bubbly in the belly, nothing major though. No morning sickness yet, but i didnt have that last time either so hopefully I will be lucky n miss it again this time When are you going to the drs/ for an ultrasound? I have decided to wait till im about 8 weeks before going in just because nothing is very apparent on the ultrasound till then.
Keep me posted

milly

Old 02-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
(female)

kittenkaboodle HB User

Hi Milly!

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling pretty good. Mornings sickness has hit me pretty hard. It wasn't like this the last time, and I feel totally wiped out. But, I know it will end, so I'm just trying to stay focused. Luckily DH got a new job that allows him to work from home, so he's been a huge help around the house and making meals, etc. It's been great because I just don't feel like I have the energy for some of those daily tasks.

I have my first appointment on March 9th, and likely won't have an ultrasound until about 20 weeks or so. The only concern is that I ended up being diagnosed with preeclampsia last time at 39 weeks. My odds of having it a second time are higher (like, 1 in 5), so I think my Dr will monitor that pretty closely. I'm just hoping that if I do have it again, I will last to the end. DS was only 4 lbs at 39 weeks.

Otherwise things are going well. Our immediate families know the good news, and some close friends. I really want everyone to know, but I just got bad news last night that my cousin just m/c'd at 11 weeks... so I'm really hesitant just in case something happens. I'm a very public person when things are good, and a very private one when things are bad, you know?

Anyways, I hope you have a great weekend and feel happy and rested. Talk to you soon!

Kitten

Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
(female)

mellie65 HB User

Hi ladies!! I found out a week ago that I am going to have baby #2...DS will be 2 in April Crazy to think I will have 2 kids!!!

I used an online due date calculator and it gives me a due date of October 16These boards were a great help to me during my first pregnancy, so I am glad to be back

Hope you are feeling well....

Old 02-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #6
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

Hi ladies, YAY there is 3 of us now!!! I have my first drs appointment tomorrow which will just be a checkup and they will give me a referal for an ultrasound which will be exciting! I have only told a very limited few people so far. It doesnt seem real yet I guess coz i havent told many people so far. I also have a DS that was born in April 2009 so Im with you mellie, very daunting to have two babies!!
talk soon
milly

Old 02-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

Hi girls, well it got the better of me and i told my parents and my inlaws coz the excitement was killing me haha! Im only 6 weeks and 4 days which is early i know but i couldnt help it haha!

hows everybody going?
milly

Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #8
(female)

mellie65 HB User

Doing great here!!!

We waited with our son to tell until after I had gone to the doctor and was almost 10 weeks along. With this baby....everyone already knows!!! I'm only around 5 weeks! My husband was so excited to tell everyone

I have to try and find a new doctor. I loved my previous ob, but we are moving to a different state next month!! Yikes...hopefully, morning sickness doesn't kick in during the move!!!!!

Have a great day

Old 02-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

Great mellie!!

I have been unable to eat large meals lately just makes me feel sick if i eat a normal size meal, craving heaps this time which i didnt at all last time! craving fruit, water and fruit haha. So heres hoping for a girl this time hows everybody going?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

h19 HB User

Hi girls! So excited for you all!! Seems like yesterday we were all on the May2009 board! Congrats Mellie! I think I missed your announcement on the the TTC board. I'm still stuck on there.... (CD12) Hopefully I can join you all soon! Hope you are all feeling well, and that M/S stays away!!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
(female)

mellie65 HB User

So all day sickness has kicked in I had it with my DS and it went away by 12 weeks so I am hoping that happens again!! I have been wearing sea bands and they seem to help a little.

My first ob appointment isn't until the 21st and I'm bummed because with my son they did an ultrasound at your first visit and the new practice I'm with doesn't do that...oh well. Hopefully we will get to hear the heartbeat!!

I hope everyone is doing well

Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

Hi girls
Well i had my first ultrasound yesterday and I had a trainee doing it and she was not very experienced at all the equipment was also very average and so it was hard to see anything. She got a heart rate of 167bpm which she said is normal and healthy. When i asked her if there was twins (as i miscarried twins in August last year) she kept saying things like 'im not certain, i dont THINK so??' was very frustrating. And also by her 'measurements' which were very inaccurate i am 2 weeks less pregnant then the DR thought. I find that very hard to believe also as my pregnancy symptoms have been through the roof and i have been sick (which i wasnt with my first born). Anyway hopefully the next scan we will see more and it might be more accurate, considering changing to the private hospital to try and get better results.

Hows everybody else going any updates??

milly

Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #13
(female)

kittenkaboodle HB User

Hi Milly,

I'm so sorry that the ultrasound was so disappointing. Especially for something so important like finding out about twins!!! Hopefully the next one will be more accurate.

I'm doing okay, morning sickness seems to have subsided, but now the heartburn has kicked in! I remember living off of Tums during my last pregnancy, but it wasn't until the 3rd trimester. Now I'm gobbling Zantac like it's going out of style. I'll have to remember to get a prescription from my doc because it's so expensive! I have my first appointment next week. Very excited but sad that DH will be out of town with work, so he will miss the heartbeat.

I'm almost 11 weeks along now, and most everyone knows about this pregnancy except my work. I've been tempted to tell them, especially since I'm showing already, but a Mom on the September boards (where I technically should be) just had a misscarriage. I am so distraught for her, and it made me realize how I'm not quite out of the woods yet. So, I will wait for next week's appointment and make sure all is good before I say anything.

Hope everyone is doing okay! Have a great day!

Kitten

Old 03-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #14
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

Hi ladies, How is everybody going? this board has been so quiet! I hope you are all ok. What stage is everybody upto?? Have you had your first ultrasounds yet, howd they go?? I had my first ultrasound and got a good 167bpm heart rate, next ultrasound (12 week screening for abnormalities) is booked for the 24th of March (this month).

Hopefully i will hear from you all soon
milly

Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #15
(female)

kittenkaboodle HB User

Hi Milly!

Good to hear from you. These boards are much quieter this time, eh?

I have been really good. Morning sickness has pretty much tapered off, and I feel like I'm starting to get some energy back. Yay!

I had my first doctor appointment last week, and all went really well. We heard the heart beat (166 bpm) and went over a few details considering I had preeclampsia last time. There's nothing we can really do to prevent it this time around, but he's going to be sending me for ultrasounds every 2 weeks starting at 30 weeks. He wants to ensure that babe is doing well and isn't as small as my son was last time (4 lbs at 39 weeks). I went for initial blood and urine screening, and now am just waiting for my next appointment in mid April. I won't have a first u/s until May... I cannot wait!!!

I was sitting on the couch yesterday and thought I may have felt a little something stir in my belly, but I'm not too sure. It would be so cool to start feeling some movement.

Otherwise things have been good. I've been worried lately about what it's going to be like raising a toddler and a newborn, but DS has been really blossoming lately (he's 22 months). He's learning new things everyday, and able to follow some simple instructions. I'm hoping the trend will continue and babe arrives he will be a little more managable. I just have visions of breastfeeding on the couch while DS swings from the chandeliers! Yikes! Lol.

Milly, and word on twins?

Hope everything else is well. Talk to you later!

Kitten

Closed Thread