HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   2011 Mommies (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/2011-mommies/)
-   -   Fall 2011 Mommies (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/2011-mommies/841493-fall-2011-mommies.html)

h19 03-23-2011 09:30 PM

Fall 2011 Mommies

Hello! It is very lonely in the November club...as I am the only member so far!! LOL. Just wondering if you all wanted to do a Fall 2011 thread, so that we can all chat together?

Looking for other mommies/future mommies to chat with:)

:wave:

kittenkaboodle 03-24-2011 09:19 AM

Re: Fall 2011 Mommies

Hi h19!!!

This was a great idea... the September club is kind of slow too! I know Milly is in the October club, so it's like a reunion!

How are you feeling? Is this pregnancy much different that last time? Mine sure is... makes me wonder if I'm having a girl this time. Either way, I'm happy!

I'm worried about having a newborn with a toddler. You? How is your LO?

Can't wait to talk with you more! Congrats again on your little bub!

Kitten

h19 03-24-2011 05:02 PM

Hey! Ya, just like old times!! LoL. I do not have much for symptoms yet...still so early. I am 5 1/2 weeks, so still a long way to go! Just praying that this pg sticks, because we are so excited!! I'm hoping the m/s stays away, unlike last time. Although puking everyday is a great reminder that things are progressing nicely!;)

My dd is becoming more and more independent everyday! It will be hard going back to the newborn stage!! (But I am really looking forward to it!). DD will be 2 1/2 when baby #2 is born, so I think things will be okay. (I hope!!)

Had my first appointment yesterday, to meet my new doctor and confirm the pg. Now I have to go for all the bloodwork and my first u/s at the end of April. Looking forward to going through this again!

How are you feeling? M/S?? Or are you past that now?

barton93 03-27-2011 10:06 PM

Hi ladies.....I am due with my 4th child on October 26th. I have a 16 year old DD, an 11 year old DS and a 2 year old DS. This pregnancy came as a complete shock. We took measures to prevent pregnancy.....obviously those measures failed.

I have decided that giving this baby up for adoption is the best thing I can do for this child and for my other children. I am not in any position to keep this child. I struggle as it is. The nice thing is that my brother and sister in law are going to be the ones adopting it. I am really excited for them. I am happy that I will still be able to be part of it's life and watch this child grow up. I just know that my brother and sister in law will give this child a life that I cannot give it.

So, my journey is going to be a little different than everyone else's on here. But, I am excited.

kittenkaboodle 03-29-2011 11:55 AM

Hello again!

h19 - I'm so happy for you! I hope the m/s doesn't strike you so hard this time. I was definitely sicker this time around. With my DS it was pretty easy-breezy, but I'm feeling way more of the symptoms this time. Expecially being tired. I'm sure it has to do with chasing the toddler around too!

barton - congratulations on your pregnancy, even though it wasn't expected. I'm sure it must have been a very diffucult decision for you to adopt out your baby, but it's amazing that you will be enriching the lives of your brother and sister in law. It sounds like the best case scenario under the circumstances. Will your baby ever know that you were the birth mom?

I have been doing okay. I'm 14 weeks, and past a lot of the first trimester stuff. The only bad thing is that I've been getting gall bladder attacks. They started after I had my DS, and now are coming fast and furiously. I hear that the hormones can trigger frequent attacks. Unfortunately there really isn't much that can be done while pregnant. Just have to get through them, and they will take out my gall bladder after I deliver.

Otherwise things are pretty good. The weather here in Alberta, Canada has been absolutely miserable, and I have to admit that it's starting to get me down. I haven't seen the sun in over a week, and I want Spring to come so badly. Especially for DS, so that he can go out and play. I'm sure I'll perk up as the weather gets better.

How is everyone else? Any other Fall Mommies out there?

Kitten

h19 03-29-2011 03:40 PM

Barton, what an incredible gift you are giving them! Good luck with your pregnancy and your adoption journey.

Kitten, sorry to hear about your gall stone attacks. I have heard of that happening a lot. I can't imagine how painful they must be! Hopefully it will ease up for you, and not plague you your whole pregnancy.

I'm still feeling great, just tired. Kind of wishing for more symptoms! Still only 6 weeks, so very early. Will be nice in a few weeks to see the heartbeat on the u/s screen.

:wave:

barton93 03-30-2011 06:39 PM

Thanks ladies for your support. I am excited for my brother and sister in law. They have one biological DD who was born with a ton of health issues and despite a geneticist telling them that most likely future children would not be born with those same problems, they are afraid to take any chances. So, they have been thinking about adoption for awhile now and they wanted to get the ball rolling soon because their DD is going to be 8 this summer......so this works out well for all of us. I get to see my baby grow up in a loving home with 2 parents that are part of my family!!!

As for them telling the child.....they will let the child know as soon as it is old enough to understand that it is adopted and when it does get to an appropriate age, they do want to tell this child everything. Since this adoption is going to take place within the family, they worry that somewhere along the line, it could accidentally get out about me being the birth mother and they don't want that to happen, which I don't blame them. So, yes....they do plan on telling it that I am the biological mother.

So, how is everyone feeling?

I am 10 weeks today and I feel like death! LOL. I have had horrific headaches and my morning sickness is in full swing and out of control. I just feel really blah!!! My clothes are all too tight. My breasts are very sore. And all this while chasing my 2 year old ds who is insanely hyper.

kittenkaboodle 04-18-2011 12:51 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing?!? It's been ages since anyone has posted.

I am doing well. I'm 17 weeks along now, and feeling pretty great. More energy, no sickness, etc. I was starting to get a paranoid fear that I wasn't really pregnant anymore, but a quick check up at the doc confirmed there was a heartbeat still. :D

Nothing really new to report otherwise. It's been a lovely and uneventful last few weeks. I hope the trend continues.

Hope to hear from everyone soon! Have a great day!

Kitten

h19 04-25-2011 06:35 AM

Hi Kitten!

Been very slow on here! Things are going well with my pregnancy....a little too well. I am also having anxiety and doubts. I have symptoms...sore bbs, very tired, hungry, I even have a little pot belly! But I am still uneasy because I am not sick. With my last pg, I was sick for so long, that this feels very odd! I have my first u/s tomorrow, so hopefully my mind can be put at ease. I am so nervous, but very excited at the same time! I am just over 10 weeks now. Have my first big prenatal in two weeks.....will be nice to hear the heartbeat as well!

Glad you are feeling better! Now you can really enjoy your pregnancy! How is DS? Are you showing now?

h19 05-01-2011 07:29 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I won't be a Nov. mommy afterall. I won't go into too much detail as I know it is very hard to read when pregnant.

I wish you all the best, and wishing you happy and healthy pregnancies. Enjoy those little ones when they arrive....new life is such a miracle!:)

h19

barton93 05-07-2011 01:23 AM

Hi ladies.....first to h19....I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I know how difficult that is to go through. I wish you the best.

I have been having a rough pregnancy so far. I'm about 15 and a half weeks now. I just was actually at the hospital last night for vaginal bleeding and some cramping. Turns out I have a UTI. I also had an ultrasound and they are about 90% sure I am having a girl. For those of you who don't remember, I am giving this baby up for adoption to my brother and sister in law. They are very excited and so is my niece as well to hear that it is most likely a baby girl.

In addition to all of that.....for the past couple of weeks, I have had horrific pain in my hands and arms.....and come to find out that I also have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. I had never heard of that in a pregnancy, but I guess it isn't uncommon. I cannot even describe this pain. It is horrible. It wakes me up in the middle of the night. My arms feel like they are on fire. I think sawing them off would feel better. As my luck would have it.......this won't go away until I deliver!!! I have 25 weeks left of this!!! So, hopefully I can get something to alleviate the pain that won't be harmful to the pregnancy.

I hope everyone else is doing well.