It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2013 Mommies Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User
Due in August

Hi! Are there any other August 2013 Mommies out there? I just turned 8 weeks yesterday and feel, well pretty much like garbage right now! This is my 3rd and last baby and I have started to show so early that I am really nervous that it might be my 3rd and 4th baby. I guess only time will tell.

The following user gives a hug of support to E1979:
jamie1205 (01-30-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
(female)

jamie1205 HB User
Re: Due in August

August Mommy here!!! August 18th to be exact! I hope that you are feeling better! I've been sooo lucky... this is my first and I haven't really had any m/s as long as I keep myself full. Into my 11th week and the dizziness has just started. Plan to speak with my ob/gyn about it but am reading that it's pretty common. Have you had your first u/s yet? Are there two babies in there? =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

Hi Jamie. Congratulations! I am due the 14th, so far anyway. With my last two pregnancies the ultrasound tech moved my due date up.

My first was smooth sailing like yours. It was wonderful, you are very lucky. My second wasn't so bad either. This time I am miserable. Good thing I knew this was my last anyway because otherwise these past 12 weeks would have turned me off having kids for sure! lol

I have had 2 Dr appointments and I have my 1st ultrasound on the 8th. I
was able to hear the heartbeat at my last appointment and the Dr didn't say anything about more than one heartbeat so I think I am good. But I guess next week I will find out for sure.

So do you think you are going to find out what you are having? We have decided not to this time around. We didn't with our first son and did with our second son but I think this time I want to do the surprise thing again. It was quite the experience.

I am starting to get the spins now too. Such fun. Totally normal but annoying just the same.

Have you had your ultrasound yet or heard the heartbeat?

Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
(female)

jamie1205 HB User

Congrats to you also!!!! Wow, your third! I have nothing but respect for you to go through this three times. It's tough!!! I would love it if they bumped my date up a week or two!!!

I had my first ultrasound at 8 weeks.. we were able to see the heartbeat but not hear it yet. Wonder when I will have the next one?

We are definitely going to find out the sex, I feel like I will be able to plan better I imagine that the surprise is quite fun though!

Are you having the nuchal testing? Have you had it with your other pregnancies? I have hyperthyroid so I figured it was best for me to be prepared whichever way.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

I have never heard of that test, what is it for? I actually have hypothyroidsm and like my other pregnancies my meds had to be increased a few weeks into the pregnancy.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

Ok I just googled what that scan was, I know what you are talking about. I have never heard it called that before. My Dr and lab forms call it the IPS screening. But it sounds like the same thing. Yes I am having that done at my ultrasound on the 8th.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
(female)

jamie1205 HB User

Aaaah ok good! haha I am sure they have 100 different names for it. The place I'm going to has three separate visits, I have the first tomorrow which I'm sure is just a counseling appointment.

The good news is, thyroid replacement is so similar to the bodys natural thyroid hormone, the baby can't tell the difference!

My anti-thyroid meds are class C, but unfortunately it would be worse on the baby for me to stop taking them.

Reply Reply