View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:03 AM   #1
(male)

wd40dn HB User
Have pregnant fiance, no insurance :( ...advice?

my fiance is pregnant. probably about 3 months or close to it now. we live in Georgia, i am a US citizen, she is a Canadian citizen. we are having to go through a lot of red tape for marriage, and it is going to take forever. abortion is out of the question, but i am scared to death, because she cannot get insurance until we're married, i don't even have it myself. we've tried getting her on medicaid, but were denied initally because they say we did not keep our interview appointment, which we were NEVER notified about (faxed in application). i've filled out the form for an appeal and sent it in, but i am absolutely terrified as to what is going to happen, but i can't tell her about being scared because i don't want her stressed in her condition. i've tried contacting the state of GA DFCS but no one will return my call. is there any other option for us? i know that Canada has free healthcare (more or less) and she could deliver the baby there, but i'd miss the birth as i cannot afford to miss work much less buy 2 plane tickets, and once she leaves the US she wouldn't be allowed back in until after the red tape for our marriage is completed. this is such a stressful time, and it's weighing on me unbelievably. i need any help, advice, suggestions, anything anyone can do to help. please