View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Re: How do I know how far along my adrenal insufficiency is?

Hi Marcy,
Thanks for your post. I'm actually not seeing an endocrinologist due to having no health insurance. I'm 20 years old, going on 21 in a month, and was told that I'm not eligible for State insurance until I'm 21 (very soon!) and I guess my mom makes just over the limit for me to get State because I live with her. It's very frustrating. I've pretty much exhausted all of my options in trying to get medical treatment at the moment. My mom payed for insurance for me for a few months, and in that period of time I saw a naturopath who strongly suspected adrenal insufficiency, but we couldn't pay for the tests or my insurance anymore, unfortunately. I'm thinking about trying to go to a local clinic in my area. I probably should've done that a long time ago, but I've heard SUCH horrible things about this particular clinic that I figured that they couldn't diagnose something that seems as complicated as what I seem to have. Anyway, I suppose I have to wait one more month (actually, my b-day is all the way at the end of the month, but that's okay) and I'll be able to get medical treatment. Anyway, I am optimistic that they will eventually be able to find out exactly what's going on.
Thanks for your reply, Marcy.

~Katalina