View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Really scared of going to the doctors.. DiabeticPHOBIA

Please do not be afraid to see a doctor for proper diagnosis. When a problem is diagnosed in the early stage it can be corrected most of the time.

If you are diagnosed with diabetes in the early stage, you will be able to control with diet and exercise only and no meds.

It is not too late to reduce your chance of getting diabetes by losing weight and exercising now. Losing weight now will help prevent diabetes. It is not too late to take charge of your life and make a lifestyle change for better health.

Diabetes is not a fat person disease, many are skinny but still got diabetes.

For 5 years I have controlled diabetes via diet/exercise only and remaining in the non-diabetic range. I was diagnosed in the early stage. I know a person who has controlled for 14 years via diet/exercise only.

You should see a doctor for your cough, sounds like you have bronchitis. If bronchitis is not treated it can go into pneumonia.

If you have a car, most likely when it starts running rough or something is not quite right you take it to a mechanic to be checked and worked on. Same with our bodies, we need to take our engine in, get it checked out and treated.