View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
(female)

Jasmine3704 HB User
Re: How long does it take to feel normal?

Thanks for replying. I have been reading and soaking in as much as I can tonight. My doctor knows my concerns, and says that he'll wean me off and says 'dont worry, we'll get you off of them', but he doesn't know what I do with my scripts and he doesn't know that I take more than he rx's for me. I am afraid that I can't do it, that I won't taper off of them, that i'll just keep doing what I'm doing.....I don't know. Maybe get someone to hold them for me and only give me the rx'd amount every day. But then i feel like an a$$. My husband is just as bad with them as I am. He has a much more extensive medical history and major major ortho problems and his docs tell him he's a lifer on pain meds. It's a long story. But how do i come off these and know that they are in the house? i won't give up my marraige. I feel like I have so much to battle, but then I keep telling myself that other people can do it, and other people don't have to take drugs every day just to function....I don't know. It's so overwhelming. I guess I really am just feeling sorry for myself that I got this way and that I have to do something about it. I keep praying that I'll wake up one day 'normal'. You know ?