View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

sk777 HB User
Re: How long does it take to feel normal?

Jasmine, I don't think there's any chance you will find it "too easy." Even tapering is really hard.

I kept putting off w/d to get past a deadline but then I realized I have a business trip and then the holidays, I was so tired of the treadmill I just jumped off and flushed it all. Not that you should, if you are on really high dose, but it's never going to be a good time. There will always be something. I quit right before a family vacation and a huge deadline and I'm 11 days clean and wouldn't change a thing. My deadline is here and I will deal with it. I did have to cancel the family thing, too sick at the time.

Holidays might be a good time to quit, if you have a job where the holidays means some time off and not too busy. (If you work in retail, I take it all back!)

Jasmine, I am giant wussy baby and while I am still in w/d, I have never been more relieved in my life to be off the treadmill and feeling better. Every day is a day closer to "normal."

Also, I agree w/ Dale. This is the first place I bared my soul and realized I was an addict. And nobody judged me or told me to stop whining or that I was a drug-addled loser. We all know how you feel. And that you'll stop when you're ready.

You're lucky to have a doctor to help you with this, me too.