View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
(male)

jeriz7 HB User
Re: 1 Year Later (sore eye muscles, double vision, headaches, pressure)

Ryan:

It sounds like we have a lot in common but my end results may be much worse. Like yourself, I never had 20/20 vision since I was a kid and since about 17 years old, was about -625 left and about -675 right eye. I am sure it was over -6 and under - 7. It has now been 4 years and nothing but problems and misery for me. I had lasik 3 times with the initial surgery early 2001 which resulted in some regression ending up with 20/50 and 20/60 or so. I wish I left it at that. But nnnooooo, I went for a "re-touch about 7 months later or end of 2001 which is when my problems started. I also work on the computer at least 10 hours per day. First of all, I believe the prescription is wrong. The outcome was 20/20 and 20/15 but with the following problems:

(1) extreme dizziness with headaches and tired eyes. Dryness is not much of problems but I do occasionally use eye drops. The dizziness is what is making me so miserable
(2) objections seem to appear to be "too up close" if that makes sense.
(3) feeling of inbalance.

There are months I seem to be able to live with it and hoping "my brain would get used to it." But it seems to be getting worse. I was 43 when I had the initial surgery and now just turned 47. I understand the reading part will eventually come but even distance vision makes we dizzy.

I wish I left it after the first lasik surgery!

During the last 2 years, I have gone to several lasik surgeons and one was willing to do further lasik with the goal I would lose distance vision and gain some reading vision. But he was reluctant and told me to wait 6 months. All other surgeons said I didn't have enough cornea thickness for further surgery with the last one (about 2 weeks ago) telling me I had a 20% chance both distance and reading vision could become worse. (Each consultation cost me $450-$500 each but the cost didn't faze me. I am miserable and desparate.)

About a week ago, I got "computer glasses" which did provide some relief and made it much easier to work. You might want to try this out.

Do you have any of my symptoms specifically the dizziness and objections appearing to be too up close? Would anyone out there have any suggestions for me and even another referral to another doctor? I will in California but if anyone out of state can help me, I would be willing to travel the distance.

Thanks to all for whatever help you can recommend. And Merry Christmas!

Gerry