View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
(female)

Sugar64 HB User
Re: the never-ending divorce nightmare of my life

I'm not trying to shirk my parental duties by not wanting to pay child support, I'm just mad that I'm getting screwed over. He would not agree to joint custody, or for me to have primary custody so HE wouldn't need to pay child support. HE is the one playing games to work to his advantage, trying to use our child to get money out of me that I do not have. He can well afford to take care of her financially, since he was the primary breadwinner, making almost 100 G's a year for the last years of our marriage. All the years of our marriage, I only worked part time, so I could cook, clean, do laundry, shop and do chores, and take care of our child. And, I have no problem having them live in the house, since my daughter is not being uprooted from her home or school. I actually have nothing in comparison to him, and I had to start from scratch when I moved out, and have lived on a tight bugdet, all because he wants to avoid his legal obligation to me. But you know what? I'm a stronger person for it, and everything I have is mine, that I worked to pay for. The new man in my life is the most supportive and understanding man I've ever known, in all ways, and is in this with me 100%, helping me get this situation resolved. He would do anything in the world for me, which is much more than I can say for my soon to be ex.